Week 2: The Game

Are you the one?

“We got two lights, so two of the matches were right,” Jaelyn commented that night.

The five roommates were sitting on their beds. After the matching ceremony, they had all celebrated for a while, but now, they were focusing on more important stuff. Which matches had been correct?

“I think maybe Elea and JB was right, as well as Dia and Mark…” Kimmi commented.

“Elea and JB makes sense… But didn’t Mark say you were his favourite girl?” Hye asked.

“He does seem to have a thing for Dia, though,” Jaelyn agreed.

“He does.” Not even the girl herself could deny the boy had been spending time around her whenever he could.

“And do you like him? If you do, you could be a match, right?” Hee-Jin suggested.

“I don’t know… There’s nothing wrong with him or anything, but he’s not really my type…”

“He’s cute though,” Kimmi commented.

“That’s not enough, right?” Dia said laughing.

“Then what is your type, Dia?” Jaelyn asked.

“I don’t know… More quiet and cool rather than cute and affectionate I guess.”

“So like Hoya. Or Sunggyu. Or Myungsoo. Like those then, right?” Hee-Jin exclaimed.

“Like those yes. How about you?”

“Me? Someone cute, and reliable. Prince-like?”

“Like JB?” Kimmi suggested.

“I don’t think any of the guys are really prince-like,” Hye laughed.

“They can be. Hoya is nice. Chanyeol’s a bit too pushy and he wasn’t nice to Hoya, so he’s out. Sungyeol could be prince-like? He’s tall and handsome? And Xiumin is cute but he also seems very reliable so he could be my prince as well,” Hee-Jin explained.

“Hee, Hoya is quite popular then. Since he fits your type, and Dia’s type. And my type,” Jaelyn mumbled.

“He’s cool. I quite like him too. And Myungsoo. So I guess my type’s the same as Dia’s,” Hye added.

“How about you Kimmi?” Hee-Jin asked.

“Hmm… I don’t know. I liked JB, but he isn’t my match. That’s kind of sad. I kind of like Mark, but he’s totally going for Dia, so that’s out as well… I just don’t know it anymore.”

“You can have him, I don’t want him,” Dia muttered.

“Don’t be mean, Dia!” Hee-Jin exclaimed.

“I wasn’t trying to be mean… I was just being honest.”

“But what if he’s your match? He could be. He seem to like you, you don’t dislike him… You could fall for him,” Kimmi reasoned.

“And if he is your match, there’s only one more… How about you and Sunggyu, Hye? I’m pretty sure it’s not me and Sungyeol,” Jaelyn continued.

“Me and Sunggyu? No way. He doesn’t seem interested in me, and I don’t really care about him either. I doubt it is us. Isn’t it Hoya and Hee-Jin? Since they had such a fun date?”

“Well, Hoya is nice… But a perfect match.. I don’t think so. I just like him, I think we could be friends, but nothing more.”

“Are you already friend zoning him?” Jaelyn said with a laugh. “I don’t mind, more time he can spend with me.”

---

“We got two matches already!” Xiumin said excitedly.

“Yes. But which one were a match?” Myungsoo thought out loud.

“Any could be,” JB replied.

“More importantly, what kind of challenge will the girls do?” Woohyun commented.

“I bet it’s something really fun to watch,” Xiumin stated. “Like… Like… A dance competition?”

“That’s really fun to watch?” JB laughed.

“It is…” the boy pouted.

“It will be interesting to see who they will pick. Like a popularity contest,” Woohyun said.

“It’s all about finding the matches, though,” Myungsoo reminded him.

“At least two were right. I’m confident I was right,” Mark said confidently.

“Why?”

“I… That’s just what I feel like…”

“Maybe that’s just wishful thinking,” Myungsoo stated.

---

“All this thinking is making my head hurt,” Seong Yeon muttered.

“You too?” The sudden voice behind her startled her.

“Did I scare you? I’m sorry,” Sungyeol said quickly when the girl jumped.

“I thought I was alone,” the girl admitted.

“I wanted to get something to drink.”

“So did I.” Seong Yeon stepped sideways, giving the boy access to the fridge. “So you also don’t know who the perfect matches are?”

“No idea. They keep arguing about it in the room. Hoya seems to be sure he and Hee-Jin are a match, but Chanyeol doesn’t agree. And Baekhyun keeps saying that they probably both not a match with the girl, which only annoys them more.”

“Ugh. Yeah, my room is the same. Well, not that there are people fighting over a guy, but no-one knows. The most popular guesses seem to be JB and Elea and Sunggyu and Hye at the moment.”

“They could both be… Although JB did go on a date with Kimmi. But they were no match. Are Elea and Kimmi similar? They don’t seem to be… And if JB wanted Kimmi then… Sunggyu and Hye sounds possible as well… You were matched with Myungsoo, weren’t you? What do you think about that? Sungyeol asked her.

“I don’t know why he picked me. We barely even talked. How about you? You were matched with Jaelyn right?”

“I barely know her either. But then again, that’s the same with everyone, isn’t it?”

“It is. We only know each other for about a week and we have to make crazy decisions like this. We should get more chances to talk.”

“Maybe we should make more chances to talk. Like, fleeing the arguments from our rooms more, so we can run into each other,” Sungyeol said half-jokingly.

“Well it does work. I think this might be the longest one-on-one conversation I have had during this week,” Seong Yeon commented.

“So you’ll be picking me then, for the match up?”

“Maybe I will.” Just the thought that he wanted her to pick him made Seong Yeon smile. Like she had thought when she first met him, Sungyeol really was a good guy. There was definitely a chance he could be her perfect match.

---

Elea was quite tired, after being up all night discussing who could be the perfect matches. Yerin, Hyun Mi and Seulyi had been trying everything they could think of to figure it out. Which couples looked best together? Which seemed to be each other’s type? Who liked who? But it was to no avail. They could not decide on two couples that were definitely a perfect match. Elea had insisted she and JB couldn’t be a match. She had been happy he had chosen her, but she was his second choice, after all. And they had barely talked. But thinking back, she hadn’t really talked with any of the guys much.

“What are you doing?” Hoya asked her, raising his eyebrows.

Elea had been sitting against a tree, leaning the side of her head against it. Which looked rather weird to Hoya.

“I’m just resting a bit. I’m tired.”

“Are you okay? Did you have trouble sleeping?”

“We were discussing the match up.”

“So were we, although it ended up being more an argument than an actual discussion.”

“You and Chanyeol are both after the same girl, aren’t you? That must be awful.”

“We’re not… not really. Hee-Jin’s cute, and I think she could be my match. And Chanyeol thinks she’s his match. But we just have to find out right? That’s the game.”

“So do you think there are others that might be your match?” Elea asked him.

“Of course.” He spoke without hesitation. Even if he did like Hee-Jin, there was only a small chance she would actually be his perfect match.

“Anyone in particular you’re thinking of right now?”

“I don’t know. Apparently, I’m scary.” Hoya sighed softly.

“I don’t think you are scary though. I’m sure there are more girls who don’t think you’re scary.”

“I hope so. I’m glad I don’t seem scary to you, at least.” After all, even Hee-Jin had said he was scary at first.

---

“Are you taking pictures?” Seulyi asked when she spotted Myungsoo walking around the garden with his camera.

“I wanted to, but the garden is rather plain…”

“I think it looks rather amazing. But you’re the photographer. You could make a picture of us together? It would be a good memory,” Seulyi suggested. Now she finally had a chance to talk with the handsome boy alone, she wasn’t going to let him get away.

“A picture together?” he asked her. “Even though they are taping everything?”

“That’s not the same as a picture, right?”

“You’re right, it’s not. It’s not really the type of picture I usually take, though.”

“It’s good to venture out into new things! What kind of pictures do you usually take?”

“Landscapes, mostly. But let’s take a picture together then. Come closer.”

Seulyi smiled and nodded, already walking towards him.

“Wait, maybe we should think about the background too,” Myungsoo mumbled.       

“How about over there? Those flowers are pretty. It would look good, I’m sure!” Seulyi suggested. Myungsoo smiled and nodded.

“Let’s sit down there, then.”

They walked to the flowers together, sitting closely together in front of the pink roses. The large roses framed the picture nicely, almost as if they were made for this.

“Ready? One, two, three,” Myungsoo counted, then snapped several pictures. He turned the camera to Seulyi, showing her the results on the little screen. “What do you think?”

“They look good. We look good together.”

---

“Are you okay? Isn’t it way too hot to wear a sweater like that?” Sunggyu asked concerned.

“I’m fine. It’s hot but it’s the only way I can go outside. Since it’s tropical, I only have one long-sleeved sweater, in case the nights were cold. But at least it protects me from the sun,” Dia explained.

“Are you still sunburned?” Hee-Jin asked. “Your face is still rather red, I guess.”

“Still sunburned, unfortunately. At least it has gotten a bit better. Though I really hope our challenge will not have me pushing things, or touching very much, since it still hurts when something touches me.”

“You should try cucumber. I heard it helps against sunburns,” Hee-Jin suggested. This caused Hye and Dia to laugh softly.

“It helps,” Dia agreed.

“But it makes her look like some kind of monster,” Hye added.

“But if it helps it’s worth it, right?” Hee-Jin said. “I mean, you can’t even swim right now because you can’t get in the sun. That’s too sad.”

“I’ll be fine in a few weeks, I hope. Until then, I’ll be wearing this sweater, I guess.” She couldn’t help but sigh. It was way too hot to wear a sweater. And Hee-Jin was right, she couldn’t even swim. Even though she did want to.

“Here, you can wear this instead.” The girls hadn’t even noticed Sunggyu had left the table until he spoke up, holding out a long-sleeved button up shirt. The fabric was a lot lighter than Dia’s woolly sweater.

“Are you sure?” the girl asked, but was already reaching for it. She couldn’t wait to get out of her sweater.

“Otherwise I wouldn’t offer, right? You look like you’re going to pass out from the heat,” Sunggyu commented.

“Thanks,” Dia smiled widely. “I’ll be changing now then!”

“Good thinking, Sunggyu! That’s certainly going to be less hot,” Hye commented.

“So nice! Why didn’t we think of that… Not that I have anything but a warm vest either,” Hee-Jin added.

---

Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Yerin , Xiumin and Hyun Mi were enjoying the pool when Seulyi joined them. Hyun Mi didn’t care for swimming that much, but she was floating through the water on an inflatable tube, enjoying the sun, while occasionally dipping her feet in the water to cool down.

“What are you guys doing?” Seulyi asked as she jumped into the pool as well. After taking the pictures with Myungsoo they had talked for a little while, before he had disappeared to put his camera back in his room, as there wasn’t anything nice left to photograph now.

“We’re racing each other,” Chanyeol commented, pointing at Baekhyun, Xiumin and Yerin.

“Except for Hyun Mi, who’s just relaxing,” Xiumin added.

“But it’s fun! Do you want to join us?” Yerin asked.

“Are you guys fast?” Seulyi inquired.

“They are. Me, not at all,” Yerin replied with a giggle.

“But you’re doing good! You weren’t last all the time,” Xiumin complimented her.

“But most of the time, I was,” Yerin retorted. “So are you joining, Seulyi?”

“Alright, I’ll join for a while.”

“Alright, let’s do now. How about 5 times the pool?” Baekhyun suggested.

“You’re going down, Baekie!” Chanyeol stated.

“Like I’d let you win that easily,” Xiumin commented.

“Let’s just do our best, okay?” Yerin said to Seulyi, who nodded.

“You better put some effort in it, or you’re never going to win!” Chanyeol commented.

“We’ll try, alright,” Yerin said, causing Chanyeol to smile at her.

“Good. I’m looking forward to it.”

“Hyun Mi, can you signal the start again?” Baekhyun asked.

“Sure. Ready? Set. Go!” Hyun Mi said. The quick start signal caught the boys of guard, giving the girls a small head-start. But it didn’t last very long, Chanyeol’s long limbs helping him move forward through the water quickly. Xiumin was not far behind him, already passing Seulyi, and on his way to go past Yerin as well.

Baekhyun on the other hand wasn’t moving as fast. After two laps he soundlessly dove beneath the surface, swimming right under Hyun Mi’s tube. Without a warming, he flipped it, causing the girl to enter the water, screaming in surprise.

“Yah! What are you doing? Weren’t you guys racing? This is why I don’t like swimming!” Hyun Mi complained when she resurfaced. Baekhyun was only laughing, which made Hyun Mi even more frustrated.

“Stop laughing! It’s not funny!”

“Except it totally was. Nice job, Baekhyun,” Chanyeol swam towards them laughing, the race all forgotten.

“It wasn’t. I’m never entering the pool with either of you again!”

“Aww, why not? It’s more fun when you’re actually swimming, right?” Chanyeol stated with a cheeky grin.

“I preferred floating, thank you very much. That was much more relaxing.”

“Swimming isn’t supposed to be relaxing, just join us already?” Baekhyun asked. “Right, Yerin, Seulyi, you agree as well, don’t you?”

“It is more fun if you join us,” Yerin agreed and Seulyi also nodded.

“Just join us, Hyun Mi?” Xiumin pleaded.

“But I don’t want to race, it’s way too tiring.”

“I hope for you this week’s challenge won’t be sporty,” Baekhyun .

“So do I.”

“I hope it is sporty, that would be way more interesting to watch,” Chanyeol commented. “Especially if the girls aren’t sporty.”

“Don’t be mean. But I do agree sporty challenges seem more fun to watch, I guess,” Xiumin muttered.

“Let’s just swim together? Without racing?” Yerin suggested.

---

“Is it rough, finding out you’re not a perfect match?” Mark asked JB.

“It gives him more chance with the other girls though. And he already had a date once. I’d say it’s a good chance,” Woohyun commented.

“I guess it could be a chance… But it’s rough finding out someone you like is not your match. Out of everyone, I really thought it would be her, you know.”

“Such a popular girl. Wasn’t she your favourite as well, Mark?” Woohyun commented.

“She’s cute, definitely. But I haven’t talked with her much,” the boy answered.

“Like you have talked much with that redhead,” Woohyun muttered.

“Once you talk to her, you will only like her more. She’s really kind and it’s really fun to hang out with her. That’s why it’s such a pity we aren’t a perfect match,” JB said and sighed.

“But you picked someone else for the match-up right? So you must be looking at other girls too,” Woohyun stated.

“Of course I am, that’s the game. I picked her on looks though, since I didn’t really know her. I still don’t actually…”

“It’s hard really getting to know someone when there are so many people, isn’t it?” Mark commented.

“It’s more fun with more people, though. Otherwise it would be a boring game,” Woohyun stated.

“But because it is a game we have to get to know everyone to figure out who is our match. Or for me, everyone but one.”

“I wonder who the couples of this week will be,” Mark mused.

“I hope we’ll find a perfect match when we send them to the truth booth. Not being a match isn’t fun at all,” JB commented.

“And it doesn’t help us very much with the game either,” Woohyun added.

---

“What are you cooking?” Kimmi asked Hye. The girl was busy in the kitchen, making their dinner. Although they had decided to take turns cooking, it had become clear quickly that not everyone in the house was good at cooking. Still, after listening to Yerin and Jaelyn, they had decided to keep the schedule the same, so even the ones that weren’t that good had to cook. It would be a way for them to get better at cooking and it also meant the same people didn’t have to cook every single day. It was tough, cooking for so many people.

“I’m baking fish, and boiling some rice and vegetables,” Hye replied.

“Do you need some help?” the girl asked and Hye nodded.

“That would be great.”

“Do you want me to cut up some vegetables?”

“Yes please, then I’ll season the fishes. We don’t even have enough place for all the pans.”

“Already starting on dinner?” Sunggyu asked as he walked into the kitchen. After sitting in the garden for a while with the girls, he had had enough of it. No matter what happened, all talks seemed to be spiralling back to the match up anyway.

“Yeah, since it’s for so many people,” Hye replied.

“Can I help?”

“Can you cook?” Both girls looked at the elder in surprise.

“Well… I don’t usually cook, actually… But there must be something I can do right? Something easy?” Sunggyu asked hesitantly.

“Could you wash the rice?” Hye suggested and the boy nodded.

“That should be doable.”

---

“Wow, so much food!” Xiumin exclaimed excitedly. The large table was filled with fishes and bowls of vegetables and rice.

“Since I had help, it was easy,” Hye replied with a smile.

“Wooow, so much food!” Hee-Jin exclaimed as she walked into the room, causing Kimmi, Hye and Sunggyu to chuckle.

“That’s the exact same thing Xiumin said,” Kimmi commented.

“I guess we have found one perfect match,” Sunggyu added.

“I wouldn’t mind being her perfect match,” Xiumin replied. “At least we both know food is important.”

“We should get the others here too,” Sunggyu stated and they nodded.

“Let’s go look for them, so we can eat,” Xiumin exclaimed and rushed off to the swimming pool. Hye and Hee-Jin also started looking for the others, while Sunggyu and Kimmi continued setting the table.

Not much later, everyone was gathered for dinner.

“New style, Dia?” Sungyeol joked.

“I think it looks good, it suits you,” Mark interjected.

“Thanks, I guess I should borrow Sunggyu’s clothes more often,” the girl replied dryly.

“Why are you wearing his clothes? Have we found a couple?” Xiumin commented.

“He offered, since I’m sunburned and only had a woolly sweater to cover up my arms.”

“So you two are not together?” Mark asked.

“Of course not. I barely know him, or anyone here,” Dia replied.

“You should get to know me then,” Mark muttered quietly, but Dia ignored him.

“The food is looking good,” she said instead, making the cooks smile.

“And it tastes good too,” Hoya said.

“It does!” Hee-Jin agreed, happily putting more food on her plate.

“You did a good job cooking it,” Seong Yeon agreed.

“It’s so nice we get to taste everyone’s home cooking,” Sungyeol said with a wide smile.

“So we can find our perfect match based on food?” Woohyun asked.

“I guess I need to try and make something amazing then,” Hyun Mi commented.

“Was my food okay? I just cooked something simple,” Hee-Jin exclaimed, suddenly worried now.

“Of course it was,” Hoya replied.

“It was delicious,” Chanyeol agreed.

“Yes, it was,” Seulyi added. “So don’t worry about that.”

“Next time, I’ll make something even better,” the girl decided.

“Have you already decided what you are going to cook?” Seulyi asked Myungsoo.

“Not yet.”

“It’s difficult right? I have no idea what to cook either,” Woohyun agreed.

“I can help you, if you want?” Hyun Mi offered.

“Please do, then we know for sure it will be delicious,” Baekhyun replied for Woohyun.

“Maybe we should all team up? Rather than cook individually?” JB suggested.

“But what if a couple is a confirmed perfect match and they get send to the private villa?” Jaelyn asked.

“The two that are left behind could just join up, so it would still work,” Yerim reasoned. “What do you guys think?”

“That would be a lot better than me trying to cook,” Sungyeol said.

“I’m not confident at cooking either,” Sunggyu admitted.

“Even though you helped out today?” Hye teased.

“I didn’t do all that much, though.”

“Wouldn’t it be unfair to the people who already had to cook by themselves?” Kimmi argued.

“Agreed,” Chanyeol said. “I haven’t cooked yet, but I still think it’s unfair.”

“How about we just all cook individually once, and then team up?” Jaelyn suggested.

“Sounds fair.”

---

“Are you all over the shock of the first match up? Have you discussed who the most likely couples are?” Junmyeon asked the contestants.

“It’s too difficult,” Jaelyn complained. “There are too many options.”

“But otherwise, it wouldn’t be as challenging, now would it? Speaking of challenging, today is the first challenge for the girls. I hope you are prepared!”

“Such a lame topic switch,” Hoya muttered.

“What is the challenge?”

Junmyeon had stayed quiet for a while and now the girls were getting nervous.

“The challenge is called ‘Omo, did he really say that?’ It’s pretty simple. We have ten quotes and you have to match the quotes to the boys who said them.”

“That should be doable,” Hee-Jin commented.

“So it’s just guessing who said what?” Yerin asked.

“Of course, it is not that easy,” Junmyeon said with a smile. “You will be matching the quote numbers with pictures of the boys. To do that, you have to run across a soapy surface, so be careful not to slip. In case of a tie, the fastest time will win the challenge. And as always, there are three dates up for grabs, so you will want to be in the top three.”

“We have to run? No way,” Hyun Mi complained.

“Across soap? Isn’t that way too dangerous?” Elea muttered.

“Alright, let’s do this!” Jaelyn stated.

“Are you ready? Then get in position. The soapy surface goes down this slope, at the end of it you will find the pictures of the boys. You’ll have to make sure you are back on time to hear the next quote.”

Once the girls had each picked one of the identical lanes, Junmyeon got his que cards ready.

“Alright, here I go. The first quote: ‘I'm not a monkey, but I love bananas.’”

“Wait, someone actually said that?” Hye muttered. Most of the girls had already dashed off, thinking while they were running. Who among the boys liked banana’s that much?

One by one, the girls reached the pictures of the guys. Although the soap made them unstable, none of them had fallen down this round. Jaelyn reached the pictures first, looking at each of the pictures for a while, before putting the number 1 sticker on JB. Next to her Elea put it on Woohyun. The girls all had different predictions, but none of them had much time to think about it. They had to get back, so they could hear the second quote.

“So, you’re all back in time for the second quote. This one is: ‘No matter how hard it is, I always smile like an idiot.’

“Who has a stupid smile?” Yerin muttered.

“This has to be Chanyeol,” Kimmi decided, dashing forward, but slipping on the slope.

“Be careful!” Xiumin called from the side-line.

“Don’t get hurt! Are you okay?” JB shouted. Even if Kimmi wasn’t his perfect match, he still liked her.

The most popular choices for quote number two were Sungyeol, Chanyeol and Woohyun.

“It’s difficult that we don’t know the other quotes yet,” Dia commented.

“I know right? If we had them all it would be so much easier,”Seulyi agreed.

“If you can still talk, you guys aren’t running fast enough! Quote number three: ‘Pizza is my life.’ Now who said this?” Junmyeon stated.

“Pizza is my life? Who would actually say that?” Seulyi commented.

As the girls were getting more tired, one after the other slipped.

“You were right after all, Xiumin,” Woohun commented. “This is really entertaining to watch.”

“They’re all falling though,” Xiumin commented.

“That’s what makes it fun,” Baekhyun retorted.

“Hee-Jin seems pretty decisive with her choices,” Hoya commented.

“Jaelyn and Dia are surprisingly fast,” Sunggyu commented.

“Elea seems to be doubting herself a lot, she keeps switching the stickers,” Mark said.

“Quote number four: ‘I want to show an upgraded side of myself at any point. That's why I keep trying.’ Get running girls.”

“I’m getting so tired,” Seulyi muttered.

“This is too much running,” Hyun Mi agreed.

“Why do we have to do this?” Kimmi complained. Next to her, Hee-Jin was so out of breath, she couldn’t even say anything. But she wasn’t giving up, running forward to put the sticker on Myungsoo’s picture. Kimmi saw this, but didn’t copy the girl, instead putting her sticker on JB.

“Let’s fasten the pace. Quote number five: ‘My girlfriend was not an ordinary person. She was a princess.’ Isn’t he the perfect prince for one of you?” Junmyeon continued, even though Hye and Seulyi hadn’t quite reached him yet.

“Weren’t you looking for a prince, Hee-Jin?” Jaelyn commented. “This could be your match.”

“He could be,” Hee-Jin agreed, sprinting forward and sticking the sticker with five on Xiumin’s picture. It had to be him, right?

This time, Junmyeon waited a bit longer, making sure most girls had reached the stickers before he announced the next quote: “I think I'm chic and y.”

“This just has to be Woohyun,” Seong Yeon puffed.

“They are slowly becoming quieter,” Chanyeol commented.

“Well, it’s difficult running that much, especially with this heat,” Xiumin said.

“Are you okay?” Mark suddenly yelled out when Dia slipped. She didn’t react and instead kept running. Agreeing with Seong Yeon, she put her sticker on Woohyun’s picture, and sprinted right back. The short time between the sprints and the next quote were all the rest she had, and she needed it to catch her breath.

“Quote number seven: ‘Imagine and dream. Then the world will change to how you want it to be.’”

“It feels like something Sungyeol would say,” Yerim muttered.

“It’s funny to see how they all think so many different things,” JB stated. “Like they all have different opinions of us.”

“I guess we can totally see what they think of us based on this, yes,” Sungyeol agreed.

“That means most think I’m y?” Woohyun laughed, looking at the number of ‘six’ stickers on his pictures.

“They think you think you are,” Baekhyun corrected.

“You’re doing well girls. Here is a beautiful love quote. Number eight: ‘Love is not looking at each other, but rather, looking at the same direction.’”

“No more,” Seong Yeon mumbled, sitting down. “I have asthma, this is not going to work.”

“Are you okay?” Sungyeol asked, joining the girl on the ground. “Just rest for a while. Take care of yourself, you can still win if you have everything right.”

“Are you dropping out?” Junmyeon asked Seong Yeon and the girl nodded. “Alright, then your max number of correct guesses can only be six, since you’ve only placed six stickers. I’m sorry.”

This short explanation gave the other girls a short rest, but as soon as Junmyeon had made sure Seong Yeon was alright, he continued with the next quote: “Life is only a path full of efforts.”

“Sounds like something Myungsoo would say,” Seulyi muttered.

“Or maybe Sunggyu,” Hyun Mi added.

“And we’ve already reached the end. The last quote: ‘I cannot become a burden to my team.’ It’s the only free picture on your boards, so you won’t have to think much. This is where you should run as fast as you can.”

“Is this you?” Seong Yeon quietly asked the boy sitting next to her. Sungyeol nodded.

“Damn, if I was still playing I would have had this one at least.”

The girls ree by one, all completely out of breath and none of them running anymore. Several of the girls sat down, or laid on the ground, completely exhausted.

“You did well girls. But now, it’s time to reveal the results,” Junmyeon announced. “The first quote, about banana’s. Whose was it?”

“That was me,” Sunggyu replied.

“Eeh, it was Sunggyu?” Hye exclaimed.

“I knew he ate a lot of banana’s,” Hee-Jin cheered happily.

“Next quote, who is the smiling idiot?” Junmyeon called out.

“That would be me,” Chanyeol said, smiling widely.

“Of course it would be you,” Yerim replied with a smile.

One after the other, L, Hoya and JB were revealed.

“That was you!?” Kimmi exclaimed in shock, once JB said he was quote number six.

“You disagree with it? I'm not y then?” he replied with a grin.

“I didn’t say that,” the girl muttered.

“The next quote is number seven, who is changing the world?”

“Apparently, this is very unexpected, but that’s me,” Woohyun said with a smile.

“It seems only two of the girls got this right, only Hyun Mi and Hee-Jin,” Junmyeon agreed. “Apparently this quote doesn’t suit you.”

Quote eight turned out to be Xiumin, nine belonged to Baekhyun, making the last quote Sungyeol’s.

“And now for the final result. We have someone with eight correct answers, which is absolutely amazing. Hee-Jin is the winner of today’s challenge and is the first one to win a date,” Junmyeon said. “Congratulations! If only you hadn’t mixed up Xiumin’s and Hoya’s quote, you would have gotten a full mark. Who will you be taking on your date today?”

“I want to go with Xiumin,” Hee-Jin shyly stated and the small boy also blushed a little when he heard this. He hadn’t expected to go on a date so soon in the game.

“A good choice, to get to know the one who’s quote you messed up, so you can do better next time, right?” Junmyeon stated. “In second place, with five correct answers is Dia. You were also pretty fast. But since there are no ties in the top three, that won’t be counted. Who will you take on a date?”

Dia glanced at Myungsoo. Did she really have the guts to call out his name? But she knew herself better. She wouldn’t. And at that moment, Kimmi’s words came to mind. ‘He likes you and you don’t dislike him. You could be a match.’

“Since people seem to think we could be a match, I’ll take Mark.” She instantly wanted to kick herself. Not only had she not chosen her favourite person in the house, she had also made it seem like she preferred Mark. Which she didn’t.

“Alright, Mark, join Dia over here. And we’ll continue with the third place. Four right answers.”

Hyun Mi already cheered. She had been counting and she had had four correct answers. There were no ties in the top three, so this must mean she was one of the lucky people with a date. Looking at the two couples and seeing Mark and Hee-Jin smile so brightly made her feel so grateful she could join them.

“Hyun Mi, you came third in today’s challenge. Who will you take on your date?”

“Well… That’s easy. I’ll let the one changing the world, change my world. I will go on a date with Woohyun,” the girl instantly replied.

“Alright, so Xiumin and Hee-Jin, Dia and Mark and Hyun Mi and Woohyun will enjoy a lovely, romantic date together, while the rest has to think about which one of these couples to send to the truth booth. Have fun and good luck!”

 


Author note: Please don't kill me Kimmi >.<;