Sunbae's Favorite

Jealous

It was one of those rare days that all of them get to rest for the whole day. Schedules were cleared as a reward for their job well done for Red Flavor promotions, it was short but still as grueling and exhausting all the same. The company was very pleased on how the album rose on charts immediately and how their title track was still charting high after weeks from release. Hence, the well deserve break was given. When it comes to spending free days, the girls have different ways to enjoy it. Seulgi already called her favorite spa and have planned to spend the day out and about with Sooyoung trailing her as per request by the Seulgi herself. Yerim called her mom to pick her up reasoning she haven’t seen her sisters for too long and that she misses them. While the couple, who is currently inseparable in the couch, has no plans or whatsoever, or that’s what Joohyun thought.

 

“Yo, Wan! Are you coming with?” Seulgi shouted from their shared room, the other members who are in the living room can hear that she’s fumbling around her things as the noises obviously gives it away.

 

Wendy was about to stand up and help Seulgi find whatever she’s trying to find in their room but a protective grip at her wrist didn’t even give her a chance to do so.

 

“Where you planning to go somewhere?” Joohyun raised a brow at her girlfriend. Baffled at the thought of her girlfriend going out without her and without her having any idea about it.

 

“Well, actually…” Wendy was somewhat nervous, she’s trying to be very careful with what she’s about to say. No one wants to deal with a mad Bae Joohyun after all.

 

“She got plans. I think Taeyeon unnie’s going to pick her up later.” Yerim spoke for her and Wendy wished she’d die at the spot.

 

“WHAT?” Joohyun almost growled. Wendy swore she growled but she didn’t say anything and just kept on scratching her neck. Smiling at her girlfriend hoping it would somehow calm the other girl.

 

“Umm, I didn’t really know we’d get a free day. I thought we would be stuck at the practice room today. I kind of promised Taeyeon unnie that I’ll help her today.” Seungwan explained and the other girls who’s listening to this exchange was impressed on how fast she said everything. Sooyoung was so impressed she’s smirking and almost wanted to say, as expected of their whipped main vocalist.

 

“Help for what?” Seulgi peeked out from their shared room and at that moment she knows that her bestfriend is teasing her by siding with Joohyun. She raised her eyebrows at her same aged friend, a subtle way of asking her to stop whatever she’s thinking of even doing.

 

“Piano.” Seungwan said looking at Joohyun know. Almost pleading with her eyes not to misunderstood.

 

“I don’t get it.” Yerim shrugged while scrolling on her phone and not looking at her older members.

 

“I think should attend school more often.” Sooyoung grinned and a glare from the youngest girl in the room was thrown at her which only made Sooyoung’s grin bigger.

 

“I don’t understand why you have to keep this from me though?” Joohyun said a frown residing on her face. And if Seungwan wasn’t ting on her pants right now she’d find her adorable.

 

“I don’t keep secrets from you.” She tried defending herself. Now all of them are gathered in the living room and the 3 other girls are smirking like they’ve been waiting to see Seungwan fall.

 

“You didn’t tell me about Taeyeon unnie.” Joohyun said between gritted teeth and Seungwan knows that today she’ll die.

 

“Well, um…” Seungwan tries to come up with something. But really she didn’t tell her because she knows this will happen. Seungwan can still remember how she mentioned one time that she really wanted to be close to Taeyeon, not just sunbae-hoobae from the same company relationship, or unnie-dongsaeng but rather a friendship that can defy gravity or some sort relationship. She remembers how her girlfriend didn’t take that well. She remembers Joohyun not speaking and frowning as if at the moment she was asking for them to break up so she can be with Taeyeon. She remembers fumbling around her words for the need to be close with Taeyeon, she remembers the look of hurt on Joohyun’s eyes. She remembers how it felt like she just betrayed the one person she promised to never hurt. So when it comes to Taeyeon, Seungwan decided to never mention it to Joohyun. Though she doesn’t understand why Joohyun felt that way.

 

“I just realized, why does Taeyeon unnie seek for you when they got the piano prodigy in their group?” Sooyoung smirked at her smallest unnie. Wendy’s in deep and all her other members are digging her grave deeper for her.

 

“Good point. Remember, how she’s the only one who got Taeyeon’s unnie congratulatory message for Red Flavor broadcast win.” Yerim noted, a bit bitter over the fact that Wendy got a message when she was wishing to get one.

 

“Don’t forget to mention that Taeyeon unnie tags our Instagram account on Wendy’s picture everytime we take one with her.” Seulgi pointed out too. Smirking at her bestfriend’s way and making Wendy visibly sigh for the nth time that moment.

 

“Also her SNS update where she took a video of our Velvet stage? She zoomed in to the screen when it was Seungwan unnie’s turn to sing.” Sooyoung adding more fuel to the already burning fate of Son Seungwan.

 

“She’s Taeyeon unnie’s favorite. No doubt.” Seulgi said as if it was the only known fact in the universe. The members kept on saying things but Seungwan blocks them and just looks at Joohyun waiting for her to say something.

 

“Is she going to pick you up?” Joohyun said after a while breaking the current flow of conversation the 3 other members were having. The tension was so palpable that Wendy can taste it in .

 

“Make sure you don’t get home late, okay? I’ll wait for you.” Wendy was going to answer but Joohyun beat her to it. After that all Wendy can see was Joohyun’s back retreating to her room.

 

“.” She breathed, panic flooding her eyes.

 

“Yes, you are.” Seulgi grinned.

 

“You’re not helping.” Seungwan slightly push her friend away. About to follow Joohyun to her room.

 

“Honestly, what’s wrong with you ha?” Sooyoung asked and towered over Wendy.

 

“Why would you hide this from her? Are you cheating?” Yerim pointed an accusing finger at her and made Wendy surprised with her words.

 

“WOAH! My bestfriend might be stupid but I’m definitely sure she’s not a cheater.” Seulgi defended her pushing Yerim’s hand away from Seungwan. Though she wasn’t sure if she should thank Seulgi for what she said or not.

 

“She’s overreacting.” Wendy said almost nonchalantly which earned three gasped with three different intensity.

 

“You didn’t just..WOW” Yerim reacts like Wendy said something so bad. She did and she knows it.

 

“Growing some balls now are we?” Sooyoung continued and she can hear a hint of teasing from her voice.

 

“Okay. I’m not cheating. Why would I?” Seungwan said tired all of a sudden and finding herself leaning on the couch further willing it to eat her alive.

 

“I didn’t tell her because I know she’d react like this. And I didn’t know we’d have a free time today too.” Wendy started explaining the facts a little louder than usual, wishing Joohyun hears her behind closed doors.

 

“And when I knew, I immediately called Taeyeon unnie and cancelled our practice.” Wendy sighed and looked at the door of her girlfriend’s room.

 

“Do you really guys think I’d spend a day in the practice room rather than be with Joohyun unnie?” Wendy asked them and her eyes automatically rolled at their harmonious answer.

 

“YES!” Yerim was even nodding so hard that she think the girl will break her neck.

 

“Oh god. Nevermind then.” Wendy was about to leave the three of them and head to Joohyun’s room. She needs to talk to her before things get way out of hand.

 

“We’re just joking.” Seulgi grinned while patting her friends head.

 

“Don’t go to her room empty handed though.” Sooyoung said and Seungwan raised an eyebrow at her and she sees Yerim running to their kitchen.

 

“Here!” Yerim said waving a somewhat fresh bouquet of tulips.

 

“Sooyoung got it somewhere we don’t know from. Don’t ask questions.” Seulgi side almost unsure and gross out by the idea.

 

“Okay?” Wendy send tilting her head.

 

“We’re leaving now. I’ll buy soju just in case she decided to break up with you or something.” Sooyoung said and with that they leave with no trace.

 

 

Wendy waited for another 30 minutes before she took the courage and knock on her girlfriends’ bedroom door. She knocked once, twice before hears a faint, come in, before she does.

 

Joohyun was lying on her bed facing the window and Wendy immediately felt bad about all this misunderstanding. She wished she just told Joohyun the moment Taeyeon asked for help. She should have been more honest and that should have made Joohyun feel at ease instead of this unnecessary pain she’s causing on the love of her life.

 

“Hi.” She softly greeted as she sits beside Joohyun.

 

“I got you flowers?” She said and placing it on the bedside table. She sighed when she didn’t hear any response from the other girl.

 

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have lied to you. You don’t deserve that.” Wendy looking at Joohyun’s head as if staring at it would will Joohyun to spare her a glance.

 

“I just thought that if you knew then maybe it will cause more trouble.  I should have thought that thoroughly.” Seungwan said which made Joohyun sits and face her.

 

“I’m sorry if I made you feel that you should hide things from me because I get upset over things.” Joohyun sighs at she said what’s in her mind.

 

“You were right I overreacted.” Joohyun said as if in defeat. Was it wrong for her to be this possessive over Wendy? Was it wrong for her to want to spend the whole day with her with no interruption?

 

“Don’t be sorry. It’s not your fault. Its mine. How can you trust me if I don’t tell you the small things right? I should be more honest with you, not just because I love you but because you don’t deserve to be lied upon.” Wendy said wanting to reach out and hug the older girl but opted to play with the hem of her shirt instead. Times like this Wendy asked herself how the hell did she get Irene in the first place, she still thinks that she’s way out of her league.

 

“I’ve said these a million times and I’ll say it over and over again, you have my heart. Only you.” Wendy said and this time she’s brave enough to kiss Joohyun. She grins when the other girl kisses her back.

 

“You only have my heart too.” Joohyun said and this time smiling.

 

“So does that mean you’re okay with me teaching Taeyeon unnie?” Seungwan grinned but she spoke to soon, way too soon.

 

“Do you want to die right now?” Joohyun growled.

 

“I was just kidding.” She laughed her eyes smiling with her this time. Jealous Joohyun is always an adorable sight but Wendy is sure that Jealous Joohyun would be the cause of her death in the future, so it’s better to reassure her just in case.

 

“Hyun…” Wendy titled her head as she stares at Joohyun and can’t help herself and give her another kiss.

 

“Don’t take this the wrong way. But what should I do to reassure you that you are the only one I see. You’re the only one I like and love. That you are the most beautiful person I’ve ever seen. That no one will ever take me away from you…well unless you’re tired of me already and you wanted me gone but hopefully you’re not because I can’t think of a world where I’m not with you. The idea of not having to call you mine and me being yours makes my heart swell. I love you more that I could ever say and I don’t think my actions shows it as well. But I only love you. So please, even though I found the jealous you extremely attractive, I don’t want you to feel that anymore. I don’t want you to doubt what we have, because its everything I wanted and still want. You are all I see and want.” Wendy said too fast it felt like she’s rapping what she’s saying and Joohyun was just looking lovingly at her.

 

“I think you just did.” Joohyun said and kisses Wendy as if she’s the only thing that keeps her afloat.

 

“And I feel the same way about you too. I love you.” Joohyun said and they kissed again.

 

“Though it would help if you stop squealing everytime Taeyeon unnie is in the TV or if you stop grinning everytime she texts you. Its hard enough for me that you and Seulgi still shares a room and the fact that you pushed your bed so it seems like you guys are sharing a queensize bed or something.” Joohyun rolled her eyes as if the whole thing still gives her a headache.

 

“I sleep on your bed more often though?” Seungwan smiled and Joohyun blushes at the implication.

 

“Anyways, how do you want to spend the whole day then? Do you want to eat out? Watch movie?” Seungwan said standing from Joohyun’s bed completely missing the mischievous grin on her girlfriend’s face.

 

Sleep.” Joohyun smirked.

 

“I was just thinking about that too.” Seungwan said eagerly that it looks like she hop her way back to the bed.

 

So they spend the whole day sleeping and not sleeping.