Fireworks and Park Joy

Jealous

It is a common knowledge that two members of Red Velvet are easily surprised by the simplest commotion. This was displayed multiple times in the camera for the world to see. Remember how Park Joy almost had a heart attacked when her WGM husband surprised her (when she was planning to surprise him with her cooking) and how Bae Irene flinched when a certain idol was stomping his feet so hard beside her? Remember that squeal from their Rookie goodbye stage when the fireworks went off even when the managers and PD kept reminding them on when it will blow off? It is cute (and sometimes a little worrying too) and every time it happens a certain Kim Yerim laughs her head off (though said girl can be a little jumpy at times too). So the 94 line took it upon themselves to take care of their easily scared members. Standing beside them and giving them reassuring smiles when needed.

There was no permanent companion in this ordeal but Park Joy will always find herself behind Wendy when the fireworks are sent in the air. As if hiding behind her smallest unnie will somehow soften the loud bangs of the pyrotechnics. It won’t but there’s a certain comfort that Joy feels because she knows no matter what happen Wendy won’t leave her there and will always look for her. But shouldn’t Seulgi be the better choice in hiding though? Knowing that the said girl is a tad taller than her same-aged friend. Well, Seulgi might be naïve at times, but she protects everyone the way they (and she) should be protected. She never let them out of her sight, holding their hands and hugging them when she finds skinship uncomfortable. So why does Park Joy always find her way to Wendy’s back when Seulgi is oh so willing to do the same?

That is the same question Irene wants to ask the younger girl as well? Well, she can’t thank Seulgi enough in taking good care of her on the last Dream Concert but somehow, she needs to know how from one moment she was holding Seungwan’s hand and arms to being left in Seulgi’s arm. She’s not complaining, she just needed to know because it happened twice already. She remembers clearly, that it was her hand Wendy was holding when they went for ending stage but when the fireworks were sent off it was Joy that was being comforted by Wendy. And it happened again just recently at Dream Concert. She was just whining about something to her girlfriend. She remembers Park Joy putting her hands around Wendy’s waist and she remembers how Wendy asked for her (a small victory she should have celebrated then and there).  Then moments later, she no longer sees Wendy and all she sees is a handful of Kang Seulgi protecting her from all the noise and comforting her with the sweetest hug she can ask for that moment. She bought 6 original flavored Pringles for Seulgi as her way of thanking the lanky girl. She wasn’t supposed to question motives (as if there is any) but she feels like she needs to talk to Joy about boundaries.

Irene find it ridiculous to even want to have discussion about this. Seungwan loves the girls as much as Irene does too but she feels like they need to know the do’s and the don’ts and when and when not to. So she finds herself fiddling with the loose ends of her shirt while she stammer and stutter over her own words.

“I don’t get it.” Joy looked at her confusedly but the hint of smirk forming on the younger girl’s smile is telling Irene that she did get it.

“I won’t repeat it.” She tries to say it with her best leader authoritative voice but the boisterous laughter coming from Joy says she needs to do better.

“Don’t laugh.” Irene pouts but it made Joy laugh even more.

“It’s just so funny. It’s like you’re telling me you’re jealous.”

“Wait! Are you?”

“NO!

“OH MY GOD! YOU ARE!”

“AM NOT!”

“You totally are.” Joy shakes her head and the smirk turns into a grin and the teasing continues.

“I’m not.” Irene resigned because she knows she can’t convince the other girl to think differently. Is she jealous? Maybe she is. She want Wendy’s attention but she’s not getting it. But she can’t tell the girl not to take good care of the others too and this is Park Joy we are talking about. Wendy loves the girl so dearly and what if Irene is really jealous? Is that even a bad thing?

It is.

Because when she found Joy on top of a breathless Wendy on 94line shared room, a fuming Bae Joohyun slammed the door announcing her that she already reached the limit and it didn’t help when the next thing she heard was Park Joy’s giggles and laughter and no Wendy following her. Guess the girlfriend was busy playing with other girls.

Hours later, when finally Wendy decided to check on her a pout greeted the younger girl.

“Why are you pouting?” She said and peck the said pouty lips because she doesn’t she’s the one causing it. Which earned another pout from the older girl, which made Wendy think if the other just wanted to make out with her which she would love to do so. But when no words were spoken even after the next kiss she gave, she decided to talk about the elephant in the room.

“Soooo…” Wendy said forming a perfect “o” with and Irene can’t help but smile at her for cheering her up (she feels when that she needed cheering up when really its nothing).

“Sooyoung told me something.” Wendy continued a grin forming on her face, too big that it can split her face into half.

“It’s nothing. I was just being ridiculous again.” Irene said as she moves to hug the younger and hide her face (embarrassed about everything, obviously) in the crook of Wendy’s neck.

“Did you know I kept on turning my head to check up on you?” Wendy asked her voice so sweet that Irene swooned at how caring and genuine it sounded.

“I know. I saw the fancams.” Irene smiled still not looking at the younger girl and liking their position too much (she felt Wendy gulp when she accidentally brushed her lips on the girl’s collarbone).

“Seulgi really took good care of you.” Wendy said as she kissed Irene’s forehead.

“I was really grateful that she did cause I swear to God if I don’t keep an eye on Yerim we might have lose her on the sea of idols,” Wendy said relieved that they didn’t lose their youngest member.

“Just so you know Park Sooyoung was tickling me to death because it was me who was taking care of her and not Seulgi.” Wendy continued as hugs Irene closer (if that is even possible).

“Next time don’t let go of my hand even when Sooyoung gets in the way.” Irene said as she pecks the younger girl’s smile.

 

“Tell her to go to Seulgi next time.” She pouts which earned a scoff and a kiss from Wendy.

 

“And also…NO ONE!”

 

“Should ever be on top of you”

 

 

“That’s my spot…ONLY mine.” Irene said with conviction and Wendy say nothing and just kissed her even more this time.