Six

Crash Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Six

 

1 October

Why in the world would Mom shows symptoms of her falling head over heels for him? Why couldn’t Mom see that he is the descendant of the devil? Okay… Okay… I know I’m not supposed to criticize his parents, because I’m pretty sure that the reason he became so devil-like isn’t due to inheritance or DNA. Is it possible, though? Come to think of it, why am I thinking about him again?

 

***

      “What’s wrong Woobin?” I asked with my super flat tone, arms crossed on my chest. My body language really portrayed how lazy I am in having a conversation with him.

Woobin smiled and asks, “How are you?”

Hearing his tone that seemed really worried with my wellbeing, I felt guilty for avoiding him these days.

I lowered my arms and let it fall down. “Just so-so,” I replied.

“You looked tired. You eat and sleep regularly, right?”

I scoffed. “My father is hospitalized, Woobin. I can’t sleep for these couple of days because my body couldn’t take the strain of having to sleep on the sofa, in the middle of balancing my working life and making sure that my Dad and my Mom is alright to the point that I realized I haven’t eat when I started to feel that heavy headache kicked in. And oh…one more thing, I still have to find a way to avoid you without really making it looks too obvious so that my parents won’t find it suspicious. Will that answers your question?”

Woobin stared at me while he bit back his smile that somehow made me wanted to smile also, but the smile faded as soon as when he opened his mouth.

“Why are you avoiding me?”

I have to move my lower jaw and practically forced it to shut it. Woobin is still waiting for my reply, which makes me hyperventilating. Does he really need to ask that question? He clearly knows why I was avoiding him. Not only because of the incident at Jeju but also because of that day when he saw me crying. I’ve promised myself not to let Woobin see my defeated side by submitting into my weakness, like crying, ever since the incident that happened almost twenty years ago.

“I… So… That time… Basically…” I really couldn’t make out a comprehensive sentence. Instead of helping me, Woobin stared at me with that kind of face that looked like he is ready to kiss me anytime soon which made me took one steps back to clear up my mind.

I figured out my mind for seconds. “Woobin…,” I called softly. I wanted to ask whether we really have back at Jeju, but I don’t know how to ask it without making a fool out of myself. Ever since I came back from Jeju, I haven’t got a chance to see a doctor and have myself being checked so I clearly don’t know am I still sterile or already infected with STD, even though I can be sure that I’m not pregnant since my period came on time.

“Yes?” he replied as he took a step forward and grabbed my wrist, effectively preventing me from backing up another steps. Fortunately a nurse came and caught him with a serious conversation that forced him to let go of my wrist. And I could breathe easy again. Without me realizing, I was holding my breath the moment he touched me. The nurse who is waiting for Woobin to finish scanning the report looks still young and obviously head over heels with Woobin.

Suddenly I felt the urge to leave, I couldn’t stay in the same room with him, couldn’t even breathe the same air. I was just turning my body away to go back to Dad’s room when I heard him saying, “Don’t go anywhere first, Minah. We haven’t finished talking.”

My steps stopped and I turned my body to look at Woobin whose attention is still focused on the same report. Now the young nurse is looking at me with a mixed feeling, I guessed, suspicious and jealousy. I don’t know why, but suddenly I feel insecure. Although I pretty much thankful toward my appearance, but I’m still far from the word “beautiful”. For me, the only thing that actually makes me interesting is my deep dimples. Different with Dahae who is tall without the help of heels, I’m only 165cm. Different with Eunhye who never fails to have male turn their head everywhere she goes, most people couldn’t remember my face. And different with Jihyo who has a smooth skin albeit slightly darker, I have to laser my face to be freed from pimples. Bottom line, I know that I’m just a mediocre and I know that the nurse knows it that I know how I’m not even in the same class as Kim Woobin. I’m waaaaaaaaay below his.

Couple minutes later Woobin finished checking the report and dictated some things needed to do for the nurse. Even though Woobin has already finished talking, the nurse is still standing there. It seems like she is just waiting there should Woobin want her help to wash his car or perhaps manage his laundry. I almost smirk when Woobin asked the nurse whether she has anything else that needed to be done by him and she shook her head lowly while her cheek blushed. I wonder to myself, maybe Woobin and the nurse have another relationship other than a doctor and a nurse outside the hospital? Oh…and why am I thinking about it? Who cares if Woobin has an affair with his nurse, or if he already has a girlfriend, or if he married and has ten kids?

My eyes dropped at his fingers to find a golden ring there. Nope, no ring. Phewww… I exhaled in relief. At least if by chance I did sleep with him, I didn’t sleep with someone else’s boyfriend, fiancé or even husband. Unless… uh-oh… don’t tell me, Woobin is the type of man who got married but doesn’t want to wear the ring, or maybe he looped the ring around his neck instead of his finger… or… I’m getting paranoia alright.

I threw away those thoughts when I saw how the nurse walked away with a dejected sighs and disappointed face.

“Sorry Minah,” said Woobin who is currently focusing all his attention on me.

“It’s okay,” I replied.

“What were you trying to say to me before?”

“Ooohhh.. Nothing... Just…” I looked to the right and to the left, making sure no one can hear this conversation that we’re having. I made myself closer to Woobin who bent his body so that he could hear my whisper.

“Did we really sleep together at Jeju?” That’s it. I did it. Not as difficult as I expected it to be.

“What’s wrong with it if we did?” asked Woobin with an offended tone. How dare he become offended? What kind of lunatic that wants to sleep with a woman who is not one hundred percent sober? I should be the one yelling “DATE ”.

“Then I have to ask a few more questions to you.”

Woobin didn’t say anything so I continued on, “Firstly, did we use ? Secondly, do I have to check for STD?”

“What do you think?”

Aggghhh…I feel like slapping him right now. Why did he answer my questions with another question? Is he not satisfied enough torturing me all these times? Why the hell I got frustrated whenever I’m facing this man? I’m a friendly person but Woobin just doesn’t deserve my friendliness.

“I don’t know, Bin, that’s why I’m asking you. Do you think it’s easy for me to ask these questions to you?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter