One

Crash Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One

 

27 August

Who knows that I'm going to meet him again? Why now? Why the hell did I choose to embarrass myself at that exact time of all times? I don't even know where I should put my face at. And why the hell he was acting nice in front of me, like I don't know what he's capable to do, surely he couldn't change much. Okay, that's not true. There are some distinctive changes on him, I recognized, especially his face and his body which is downright... oh my gawd, I might end up in hell for entertaining my mind with those thoughts regarding his body. Ehm... to think about it, actually I'm not just 'might' going into hell anymore. I am already there.

 

***

            "Oh my god... how are you?" I asked while slowly taking my steps closer to him. The only one who actually calls me Mimi is Woobin, even though he used to inject some mocking tone while he called me with that nickname. I still couldn't believe that the man standing right before me with only a white towel hanging dangerously low on his hip now is actually the same boy that I’ve hated so much throughout my whole life.

Woobin laughed as he listened to my purely surprised tone. “I’m good,” he replied. “You?” he asked.

“I’m just okay,” I said.

“I always thought that you have that wild side deep within, but never would I have ever think of our school’s golden girl actually likes clubbing and drinking.” The way Woobin stated it doesn’t sound like he is criticizing me, but surprised instead albeit curious.

Wild? Did I hear it right? Woobin used the word wild to describe me. I don’t even know whether to feel insulted or honored with that word. At the same time, I try to deduce how in the world he would know that I did go clubbing last night? But then I realized that the outfit I donned literally screamed clubbing due to its glitter that might jeopardize your eyes’ sight. “Ooohhh... This is considered a rare thing. I don’t really change that much, still the same bookworm and boring person.”

“I never think of you as a boring person, in fact your nerdy style is intriguing.” Woobin then opened the wardrobe on his right and pulled out a white shirt, completely oblivious to my gaping mouth while I stare at him. If only those words mentioned were in a different tone, I wouldn’t dare to feel haughty, but the way Woobin said it was as if he was praising me. Nope… no way. I must have heard it wrong. Woobin wouldn’t have it in him to praise others, he could only tease and mock.

Without minding my existence in front of him, Woobin wore the shirt and I had to cover my eyes when he let loose the towel. But when I took a peek, he apparently wears some kind of black boxer briefs under the towel. I tried to hide my scoff realizing my own stupidity.

“You live here?” I ask, trying to ease the silence. Although I really want to run away from Woobin, but I am raised to honor the custom of being polite with someone we know, even if that someone is Woobin the jerk.

“In this hotel you mean?” Woobin asked back, he took the jeans and wears it.

At that time, I felt like really stupid for asking that question. Trying to hide my obnoxious self, I added, “Not that, I mean in… uhm… at…” I try, really trying to remember my whereabouts, but nothing came into my mind.

“At Jeju?” Woobin try to help me.

“Yes… at Jeju,” I shouted enthusiastically.

Woobin just shook his as he fixes his jeans.

“Just a seminar to attend,” he explained while he took out a suede belt and wears it.

I nodded, trying to search for another topic, and the one that came out from my mouth is, “Why am I here?”

“You don’t remember?” frowning he asks with both his hands on his waist. I didn’t give him any answer; instead I stood there waiting for his explanation.

“I met you inside the elevator, you were clearly drunk so I took you here,” he explained.

“Why must it be here?” Why didn’t he take me back to my hotel room? That’s the question that came into my head right away.

I realized that I already offended him when he says, “What do you think of me?” I actually have some words that suit him like “jerk”, “heartless man”, etc., that I can use to answer his question but hearing his stern tone I opted to stay in silence. “There’s no way I would let you break your good girl reputation by letting other people found you reeked of alcohol and unconscious inside the elevator. Besides, I don’t know your room number, all I know is that you’re one of the guests here, I found your room’s key inside your bag, so I just did what’s best and suitable for that time.”

I nodded my head, more like I’m too sick to actually argue with him regarding his reasons. Woobin touched his nape, his eyes are looking at me with that spark of half annoyed and half amused on. Suddenly I feel like it’s getting weird, the atmosphere is getting thick with awkwardness so I spouted the only thing on my mind, “So, I’m gonna go. Nice to see you again.”

Hurryingly opening the door, I step into the hall and walk as fast as I can without running to the right side. But before I go too far, I heard my name being called. I turned automatically to face the source.

“Mimi, where are you going to?” Woobin asked with a voice and a face that uttered confusion.

“Elevator,” I replied and turned my body again to resume my walking when I heard his voice again.

“You’re heading into a wrong direction, Mimi.” Hearing his statement once again I stopped my leg and turned my body to the source.

“The elevator is that way,” he said with his hand pointing toward the opposite direction of mine.

I held myself from groaning and smiled at him before I started to walk to the direction he told me. When I walked past Woobin, once again my leg stopped.

“By the way, I think this is yours. Clearly not mine. Not my style.” He is holding a golden glitter clutch that I brought with me last night.

I reached out my wrist to take it when Woobin suddenly taken a hold of it. I shrieked due to shock while Woobin just offers his smile and put the clutch on my palm before he covers it with his own. I got stupefied taking in the view of my hand that is relatively small in size, now lost within both of his big hands. I didn’t notice it at all that he had bent his body over and landed a peck on my right cheek.

“Thanks for last night,” he said and let me go to walk to the elevator with a miserable heart and faltering steps that I’m quite sure not because of the alcohol flowing inside.

 

***

 

After feeling a little bit safe inside the elevator, I wear my heels. Through this elevator at least I know that I guessed it right, I’m still inside the hotel but perhaps three floors below my room. All through the way to my room, I swam through my mind to find an explanation of how I ended up inside Woobin’s room, but my memory is still hazy.

I try to calm my heart, grateful enough to have the headache eased up till I realized one thing that I tried with all my might to avoid for minutes already due to my inability to face it bravely: a probability of me having with... Inhaled, exhaled... Inhaled, exhaled... with Woobin last night. Is it possible? Me, having with Woobin? Is it possible? Was it really? No way. But... aggghhh... disaster! This is a disaster! I just hope that he would use protection when we... ehm.. When we... or else, I could get pregnant and I would really appreciate it if I don’t since this is not the appropriate time for me to get one.

. All my life I’ve been caught in having unprotected only once, with Lee Soohyuk, my second boyfriend. Thankfully, I didn’t get pregnant because of it. The only thing that I remember from my first unprotected

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter