Prolog

Crash Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prolog

 

 

 

 

           “Minah peed on herself!” Kim Woobin sang this sentence wholeheartedly; the melody transmitted the mockery right to his two sidekicks, Kang Haneul and Lee Junho. The three of them was the most troublesome fifth grade students of the school with Kim Woobin as the spearhead.

“I didn’t!” I countered as loud as I can.

Woobin grew silent with his eyes staring straight to my navy blue skirt which was wet on the front side, and then once again he began to laugh and started to sing his brand new song titled “Minah Peed on Herself” louder than ever. I was so ready to cry myself out listening to this song that was filled with mockery. My skirt was wet, yes, but not because of urine but because of Kim Sarang, my classmate who accidentally threw me the water when we were trying to clean the school’s garden.

Sarang has apologized to me hundreds of time for the last fifteen minutes and even though I was so pissed with her, I just can’t pour my anger to her since she did it accidentally. It was Monday, the other students has been flooring the school’s yard to follow the opening ceremony while I was stuck inside my empty classroom with Sarang. We were thinking of a way to dry my skirt when Woobin and his sidekicks walked by before he came inside to check why I, the model student, haven’t been by the yard.

“Woobin, it’s just water,” Sarang grumbled while she tried to dry my skirt using tissue.  I was standing and Sarang was kneeling in front of me.

“Hahaha… if it’s just water then why does it smell weird?” Haneul asked to which the others nodded.

“Does it really smell?” I whispered to Sarang.

Without any hesitant, Sarang sniffed my skirt. “I don’t smell anything,” she said.

The bell rang, a sign that the opening ceremony will be started. I started to panic because I was scared for being punished by our homeroom teacher. Suddenly I heard our headmaster’s voice “Why are you guys are still here? The opening ceremony is starting.”

Sarang quickly stood and faced our headmaster with widened eyes. Our headmaster was known as the most killer teacher inside the school; even I got scared of him. Those three troublesome kids had long fled away but not before we had our small banter.

“Just go down, it’s not that wet.” He said as his lips quirked up.

“Not that wet? I felt like drowning.” I replied.

“Well…it looks good on you.” He laughed out loud as he ran downstairs.

I tsk-ed, I don’t know why the Woobin that I knew since first grade and all this time never had a problem with me suddenly like to bully me ever since we started the fifth grade. All this time I never pay attention to him because even though he is naughty, I was never the target, till a couple months ago. And since then, I went through hell. At first I chose to just ignore it hoping that one day he would stop. But it seemed like his stubbornness grew day by day.

Our headmaster just shook his head as he saw those three troublemakers ran down the stair before he turned his face to me. I groaned.

“Are you not going down?” The headmaster’s voice seemed a bit gentler than before. I must admit that I was the golden student inside the school. Aside from being a regular first rank student, I was pretty obedient and never create any trouble to anybody.

“In a moment, sir.” I replied to which receive a nod from the headmaster before he turned away and left. I actually could ask for help from him, but I was too shy to talk with a male teacher.

“What should we do now, Sarang, the second bell will ring soon!” I started to be panic once more. A glimpse at my skirt and I wanted to scream with all my might when I realized that it didn’t seem better, worse in fact. It was still wet but now added with light feather spot from the tissue that Sarang used. “This is even worse than before!” I groaned.

“I’m very sorry, Minah

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter