Chapter Two

Our Own Realm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

“Hey kiddo” Jean-Carlo said when he saw Ash walking into the kitchen.

“Morning” Ash replied with a smile.

“You ready for school?”

“Yeah I suppose…..”Ash said while getting himself a cup of coffee. Drinking coffee is something common with vampires as well as wine. Coffee for example keeps the human smell away and warms up the skin.

“It’s been a couple of years since it happened huh” said Jean-Carlo as he joined Ash at the table.

“Yeah…”

“Hey don’t be so down you guys have actually exceeded my expectations. Newborns don’t get to adapt as fast as you have” Jean-Carlo said as he took a sip from his coffee.

Flashback

“Hey everyone I’ll take it from here,” said Jean-Carlo as he took a sit next to Ash’s bed. Finally after all the nurses left the room he turned to Ash, looking at him sympathetically. “Hello Ash, I’m doctor Jean-Carlo Lunde”

"I'm gonna die right?" Ash asked surprising Jean-Carlo. Jean-Carlo looked at the boy as his eyes widen in surprise. He didn’t think this young boy new the severe circumstances he was in. Looking up, he finally made his decision, he couldn’t refuse the orders he had been given. As he looked at Ash once again, he said, "Well yes, but what if I tell you I can give you a new life after that.....a new beginning? Will you take it?

"What......"Ash lifted up his head towards the doctor.

“You see someone here thinks you have a lot of potential and wants me to try something on you. But….I must warn you it can fail. I’m only asking for a chance.”

As he try to process what this man was saying, Ash asked “what exactly are you talking about? And from the way you say it….I would die either way.”

“Yes. I can only do it if you die first. You see we have done everything we can but there comes a time when we doctors are just limited…..but what I’m offering you is a new life after that. That if you accept,” replied Jean-Carlo as he looked at Ash in the eyes. Perhaps hoping that he would accept, but part of him also hoped he wouldn’t”

“What about my family? My parents? This is going to be devastating for them” said Ash as he looked up trying to hold back his tears.

“You can always take care of them from the distance,” replied Jean-Carlo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter