Improvement II [TzuHyun]

Quick Set
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Improvement II [TzuHyun]~

            Dahyun throws herself on to her bed with an exhausted sigh.

 

            After leaving volleyball practice in a fit of rage, she accidentally ran right into their coach who was bringing in the new uniforms they were going to wear for the next match while making her way back to the club room. He looks at Dahyun with surprise that quickly turns to confusion, Dahyun was never the first one to leave early from practice. So he quickly figured something was wrong and questioned Dahyun.

            "Are you alright? Did you get injured while I was away?"

            Dahyun shakes her head, hurt still evident in her voice when she speaks, "I just don’t feel well."

            The coach frowned, "Okay, go home early today and rest up well. If you're still not up for practice tomorrow that’s okay too, can't have our only libero out for the count when so many recruiters are looking forward to assessing our team during the inter-high finals in a few days."

            "Recruiters?" This was the first time Dahyun heard of them showing up at their final match.

            "Yeah, I had one approach me after our last match in the inter-high. He was being overly obnoxious though despite saying our team was a pretty good powerhouse, but he claimed that Tzuyu had potential but needed to improve her skills before she would even be considered for a nationals team," The coach rolled his eyes after recalling the memory.

            Dahyun froze in place, her mind reeling as she made all the connections, everything suddenly made sense to her and she very nearly ran back inside to tackle Tzuyu and shake the daylights out of her tall girlfriend. She very nearly did but decided against it, Tzuyu needed cool down time and she could use the time for herself too. If she knew anything about Tzuyu after all the time they've been together whether as friends or lovers, it's that Tzuyu is a bit clueless at times but she always realizes the situation in the end. She hopes this time will have the same results but she really needs to do something about Tzuyu's habit to keep things to herself.

 

            "Such a mess," mumbles Dahyun as she rolls over and buries her head in her pillow with a groan, "Tzuyu... You idiot." Dahyun feels the guilt and regret beginning to bubble up in her chest. She's not the one in the wrong, however, the anger was long gone from her mind and she realizes that everything could have been handled better. Dahyun lays there motionlessly, thinking of ways to approach Tzuyu tomorrow and bring the subject up without any awkwardness but it's a fruitless attempt; awkwardness is unavoidable.

            The side of her bed dipping under someone's weight a few hours later drew Dahyun's mind back to reality slightly but she still stayed with her face buried in her pillow, grumbling out a muffled, "I'll come down to dinner in a bit mom."

            "Um…" The voice was soft and slightly hesitant but it had Dahyun bolting up from her face

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter