Improvement I [TzuHyun]

Quick Set
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Improvement I [TzuHyun]~

            "She has talent and potential but without some major improvements in her skills I wouldn't consider her for a professional team any time soon."

            The words are a stab straight at Tzuyu's heart. She wishes she hadn't overheard the conversation between her coach and the recruiter. She leaves the scene in a hurry before she's caught.

            Dahyun nearly runs into her around the corner while she's running away. The shorter greets Tzuyu with the typical grin, unaware of what the younger had just previously heard. "You were taking a while so I came to check on you. Did the coach give us the okay to sit in on the last teams' inter high matches?"

            "Ah, yeah, I don't know. He seemed busy so I didn't ask," replies Tzuyu.

            Dahyun looks at Tzuyu with concern, the younger's tone sounds distressed, "Hey, what's wrong? Was the coach mad or something? Did you run into any hot shot jerks that were running their mouths?"

            Tzuyu shakes her head, "Nothing's wrong."

            Dahyun fixes Tzuyu with a disbelieving look, "The last time you said that, we ended up not talking for weeks when we could have confessed to each other on the spot. I don't want to launch another volleyball at you, so tell me if something is the matter."

            The recruiter's words run through Tzuyu's head again and the feeling of determination blooms throughout her being. Tzuyu wants to prove him wrong. "I just want to get better at volleyball."

            The unexpected shift in Tzuyu's demeanor catches Dahyun by surprise.

            Dahyun furrows her eyebrows lightly, "That's what's worrying you? We're getting better and better everyday Tzuyu, it'll be okay."

            Tzuyu shakes her head, "I want to improve more than that, not only with and for the team but for myself too."

            There's a nagging feeling in the back of Dahyun's mind that there's a lot more to this than Tzuyu is telling her but she doesn't really have any reason not to believe what Tzuyu says, so she nods and agrees. "We can improve together then."

            Tzuyu very much hopes so, the final round of the inter high are coming up soon and many recruiters for professional teams will be in the audience watching, judging, critiquing them. Twice already has a position in the final two. She wants to make sure that she really shows what she's capable of on the court.

            So, with a plan in mind and a determined mind set, practice almost becomes Tzuyu's obsession. It's clear that it's no longer for enjoyment, it's been reduced to just a mere component for her improvement plans.

            Dahyun notices

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter