Nationals [TzuHyun]

Quick Set
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Nationals [TzuHyun]~

            The volleyball flies right past Tzuyu, out of her reach, out of her save zone. She hears the slam of the ball hitting the floor on their side of the court. It doesn't register right away, the fact that they've lost. Tzuyu is only brought to reality when there's a hand gripping her shoulder shakily.

            It's Dahyun. She knows it's Dahyun by the familiar touch and restrained voice but she can't bring herself to look back. She can't stand to see the devastation on Dahyun's face because her girlfriend always wore her heart on her sleeves.

            "Tzuyu…" Dahyun's voice quivers again but she steadies herself with a gasp, "Tzuyu, we have to line up."

            Tzuyu has forgotten how to breathe but the gasp of air she inhales is painful. Her movements are robotic and stiff, she makes it a point to keep her line of vision towards the floor as she walks towards her spot in line to shake hands with their victorious opponents to show good sportsmanship.

            She can't bring herself to even face her team.

            There's only silence as the team shuffles off the court without a backward glance. It's devastating enough to them that they've lost, they don't need to see what could have been if they were the winners.

            They made it to the nationals but they weren't able to remain on the court until the very end. It's a reality they just have to accept.

            Tzuyu can feel it, the heavy almost palpable atmosphere surrounding everyone in a quiet hush. When their coach gets everything settled and checked over, they finally leave the stadium and board the bus that would take them to the train station to head home.

            No one says anything, even the usual team members that are the mood makers have fallen quiet.

            When they're back at their school again, their coach gathers them once more in the gym for a last pep talk followed by some words from Jihyo, their captain, but everyone knows they're not in the mood for listening. They're holding back their own frustrations, wishing they could have been the ones to cheer in victory. Once the coach realizes this is something that will take

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter