Decoy [NaMo]

Quick Set
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Decoy [NaMo]~

            The music over takes the entire room, there's only two people in the school's dance studio at this time. Nayeon sits on the side opposite of the mirrors, watching Momo move her body to the beat. Each movement thought out and precise, matching the rhythm to a point.

            It's times like this that Nayeon is reminded about how much effort Momo puts into everything she's passionate about. When the music cuts off and Momo finishes with a last pose, Nayeon begins clapping enthusiastically and jokingly calls for an encore for the amazing performance.

            Momo plays along and bows in front of Nayeon, laughing as she says, "Thank you for being such a great audience but there won't be any encores tonight."

            Nayeon stops clapping to do an exaggerated gasp, "Awww, boooo, I want my money back."

            "No refunds either," grins Momo as she gets her jacket on and grabs her bag.

            Nayeon shrugs, a smirk now curling her lips up as she throws an arm casually around Momo while they walk out of the school building, ready to throw out another joke but there's something wrong. Momo is hot. Not hot as in appearance wise (which Nayeon has no problem agreeing to especially when it's Momo) but hot in the way that Momo's body temperature was definitely far too high to call it normal.

            "Do you have a fever!?" exclaims Nayeon as she brings another hand up to Momo's forehead to check the younger's temperature.

            Momo tries to deny it but she can't say much when Nayeon presses her cooled hand to Momo's burning forehead and immediately gives her a pointed look for hiding the fact that she was feeling under the weather the entire day.

            Nayeon's scowl deepens, "You do have a fever!"

            Momo pouts, hoping that playing cute would let her escape from Nayeon's lecture but she still gets the earful no matter what she tries.

            "If you're not feeling well then you should be home resting in bed. You were at volleyball practice with the team and even had dance practice a little after but stayed back to practice even more for the upcoming school showcase too. That's exhausting! You should be putting your health first," berates Nayeon as she quickens her pace in order to get to Momo's house as quickly as possible to drop the younger off in order for Momo to get some rest.

            "Team practice is really important especially with the inter high looming so close, there's no way I would miss out on that and the dance showcase is a really big thing everyone in dance is looking forward to, so I have to practice as much as I can for both. It's a really light fever though," counters Momo, "It's not that bad, a good night's sleep and some fever reducing pills should take care of it. I'll be back in tip top shape again by tomorrow morning!"

            Nayeon grips Momo's hand anxiously. Nayeon has always had a certain soft spot for Momo, she admires the way that the younger can put so much energy into what she does in everything no matter how trivial the task may seem. But this also leaves Nayeon to worry about Momo a lot as well since the younger always tends to push herself too hard sometimes and neglect the more important things like one's health and well being.

            "You better be in tip top shape tomorrow when I come by your house to pick you up or else I'm making you stay the whole day in bed until you really are tip top whether you want to or not." Nayeon narrows her eyes at Momo, leveling Momo's reaction to make sure that s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter