chapter 9

Set Me Free

Chapter 9

 

 

 

 

“Umm, come-“      “I’m coming in no matter what!”

 

 

“Taeyeon??!” Taeyeon scoffed and gave out a sarcastic smile.

 

 

“So, it’s ‘Taeyeon’ now, huh??” Sensing venom in the older girl’s voice, Jessica politely apologized to her subordinate and told her to discuss the documents at another time. Taeyeon glared at the worker who just cowered at the gaze and hurriedly went out of the office. Jessica took a remote and pulled down the blinds once more and made sure the door was locked.

 

 

“What the hell was that, Taeyeon?? That was rude!” She hissed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The older girl folder her arms and stared into the brunette’s eyes intensely. “Rude is when you refuse to meet me when we’ve made a deal. Rude is when you ignored my efforts of trying to reach out to you through texts and calls. Rude, is when you know, you freaking know I waited for you countless of times downstairs just to see you but I was shoved with petty excuses after I waited for hours. Hours, Jessica! Every day! And that, Miss Jessica Jung, is rude.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s eyes were on fire. Her gaze was terrifying, to be honest. After all, she did storm into the office and burst out all of a sudden. Jessica fell silent at the accusations Taeyeon threw at her because she knew all those words were true. She had no reason to defend herself so all she did was hanging her head low, not wanting to meet the latter’s eyes and fiddled with her fingers, looking like a reprimanded child.

 

 

 

 

 

“Jessica. Sica. Look at me.” The older girl massaged her temples when the said girl wouldn’t cooperate. She closed her eyes for a moment to suppress her anger and pursed her lips before heaving a sigh. Jessica totally wasn’t expecting the next move as Taeyeon approached the stoned girl and pulled her into a hug, causing her eyes to widen. For Taeyeon, it felt like a reflex to engulf the girl in a hug as she missed Jessica’s warmth so much. She didn’t know the effects it had on the other girl. She placed her chin on Jessica’s shoulder and tighten the hug before speaking in a timid manner.

 

 

 

 

 

“Sica-yah… I’ve only wanted to make up for all those times I hurt your feelings… And, I know… I know that perhaps, you’re still mad at me and haven’t forgiven me… But please, Sica-yah.. Give me one more chance. One more...to change your mind. Please..”

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica wasn’t sure if she was caught by a spell, or she was just intoxicated by the black-haired girl’s enticing vanilla scent, but she found herself buried deeper in the hug and nodding slightly to the older girl’s request while muttering an ‘okay’. Taeyeon wanted to break free from the hug and jump in joy when she heard the permission from the brunette but Jessica secured her hands even tighter around her.

 

 

 

 

 

”Let’s stay like this for a little longer.” Was all she said. Taeyeon wasn’t complaining as she, too, was melting under the Jung’s warmth.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

 

 

 

 

 

“Really? *huffs* This is your idea *huffs* of a romantic date?

 

 

 

 

“How *huffs* would I know it was going to turn out *huffs* like this??”

 

 

 

 

“You’re the only celebrity *huffs* that is stupid enough to show up in public without *huffs* disguise!”

 

 

The two main vocalists of the nation’s girl group, Jessica Jung Sooyeon and Kim Taeyeon were running from their sasaeng fans who swarmed them like a flock of bees. The original plan was to bring out Jessica to a dinner date at a fancy restaurant. Since she wanted it to be “romantic”, Taeyeon suggested that they dress up and wear no disguise. Jessica refuted, of course. But after a whole lot of pleading and aegyo involved, done by the one and only Kim Taeyeon, Jessica finally surrendered because she was sure she couldn’t contain herself from kissing the older girl senselessly out of her cuteness.

 

 

 

 

 

After sprinting like a bunch of athletes, Taeyeon grabbed Jessica’s hand and entered a vintage-looking shop to lose the fans off their trail. They stayed quiet for a few minutes and released a relieved breath when the mob passed through them.

 

 

 

 

All of a sudden, Jessica pinched the hell out of Taeyeon’s arm. “OUCHH!! Yah what’s wrong with you?!?!”

 

 

 

“You know I hate running, yet you made me do it. I’m starting to regret giving you another chance. Hmph.” Taeyeon pouted sadly and rubbed her sore arm.

 

 

 

“No need to do that though…It really hurts… Hiks…” Jessica felt bad when she saw Taeyeon folding the sleeve of her blazer and her milky white skin showed quite a red spot. She pulled the arm that Taeyeon was rubbing on to make the pain subside and gently blew on it. Taeyeon was stunned when the latter gave a kiss on it to make her feel better.  Her cold, thin lips against her skin felt electrifying.

 

 

 

“I guess it doesn’t hurt that much if you’re grinning like a monkey like this.”

 

 

 

 

“H-huh? Oh, you definitely made the pain vanish. I don’t feel it burning anymore. Yeokshi, an Ice Princess. Hehehe” Instead, I feel another type of burning sensation. Aish Jung Sooyeon, the things you do makes me go crazier for you.

 

 

 

 

“So…. What do we do now?” The duo looked around them and freaked out when they saw an old man with a huge, white beard looking like a scary Santa staring right at them with unblinking eyes, probably for a while now.

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon greeted  him politely in an awkward manner, “Umm, hi Ahjussi, how long have you been there?” No answer. Instead, the man stayed still, just like before, staring intensely at them. The leader looked at Jessica and frantically made eye contact as if to say, “He’s creepy, let’s get out of here.”

 

 

 

 

“But the fans are probably still out there, we can’t blindly walk out there dressed like this!” the brunette whispered harshly. Jessica was wearing a white cotton dress matched with white flats while Taeyeon was wearing a white plain shirt under her black blazer and a pair of slacks on which of course, without any disguise and now they can’t just walk out there again without getting spotted by their fans as they might have recognized their outfit.

 

 

 

 

And the whispering act continues. “Yeah, yeah you’re right….” Taeyeon paused for a moment and looked around before her eyes gleamed in excitement.

 

 

 

 

“Sica, look!”

 

 

 

“What?” Taeyeon pointed to a couple of hats and hobo-looking clothes displayed on the rack.

 

 

 

Jessica shooked her head vigorously, “Oh no. Nonononono. A major NO Kim Taeyeon.”

 

 

 

“Oh come on! It’s the only way to get out. Pwease pwease pweaseeeeeeeee.” Don’t look into her eyes. Don’t fall for it again Jessica. Don’t look. Don’t – Oh God dammit she’s ing adorable! The eyes! The eyes!! OMG!!!

 

 

 

Taeyeon was on her knees with her hands clasped together, lips formed into a pout and her hazel eyes widened to give a big, round and cute effect. To top it off, the older girl had borrowed a pair of Harry Potter glasses from the shop and right now, she might just pass as an elementary student.

 

 

 

 

“Shika pweasshheee. Taengoo won’t ashk fo anything anymoaarrr” The leader played all her cards, and that included some hard core aegyo kawaii begging in English, too. It’s really hard for anyone, even the Ice Princess herself to resist this bundle of cuteness in front of her.

 

 

 

Jessica tried to act cool and cleared to get some self-control. She was sure if she didn’t, her voice would squeak by its own self out of admiration for her kid leader.

 

 

 

“Aish, arasseo. What are we getting?”

 

 

 

 

 

After 20 minutes trying out the costumes, Jessica and Taeyeon finally walked out of the store – Jessica wearing a baggy green shirt with an ugly, laced black skirt and tied her hair into a bun to hide in a fedora hat with granny glasses on while Taeyeon purchased a cowboy vest and cowboy boots along with a cowboy hat and some black shades. The two looked like freaks that has escaped from an old-themed circus. Luckily it was Friday night, so people would think that they are going to a party of some sort.

 

 

 

 

“See, I told you people won’t recognize us!” Taeyeon gave a huge smug which Jessica rolled her eyes to.

 

 

 

 

“Duhh, who could when we’re wearing hideous costumes like this! And I look like a homeless, old hobo!” Jessica was clearly annoyed so she knocked Taeyeon’s head while muttering, “Stupid cute pabo.”

 

 

 

“But at least we’re safe nowwww. Never mind, to make it up to you, let me treat you some delicious dubbeokki I know near our dorm. Kajaaa~~”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ahjumma, two plates of dubbeokki and one bottle of soju please! Kyaahh the weather tonight is sooo gooood, right Sica?” The two arrived at a food stall a few blocks away from SNSD’s dorm. The place was perfect to have a nice, quiet dinner without anyone bothering because it’s situated close to a neighborhood, so usually only late workers will stop by there to have a few drinks. They chose a seat a bit far from the others to have more privacy and to avoid from getting caught.

 

 

 

 The ‘ahjumma’ looked at the couple weirdly before proceeding to make their orders because she received weirdos as her customer every other nights, so this wasn’t unusual for her.

 

 

 

 

“It’ll be nicer if the ahjumma didn’t throw us weird looks.”

 

 

 

 

“Awh come on, give it a break. At least we’re going to have some delicious street food after a while. Please?” Taeyeon reached Jessica’s hand that was on the table and slightly it with her thumb.

 

 

 

 

“*sighs* Arasseo. I’m sorry for my behavior earlier.” Just then, their meals have arrived and they started to dig in.

 

 

 

 

“Mmm, this is delicious! How come I’ve never known about this place??” Jessica said with full and stained with the red sauce.

 

 

 

“Aigoo, what a messy eater.” Taeyeon picked up a tissue provided at the table and wiped the younger girl’s mouth gently. Her eyes traced her lips to her pointy nose and to her almond eyes, only to see them staring back at her.

 

 

Her breath hitched and they immediately broke the eye contact. “I-I’m sorry, I was just… It was reflex. I’m sorry.”

 

 

 

 

Jessica took the tissue herself and wiped nervously. “Ahh, i-it’s okay… A-are you done with your food?”

 

 

 

Taeyeon nodded briskly and stood up to pay the ‘ahjumma’. After that, both of them decided to take a stroll to allow their stomachs to digest the food even better. They walked under the dim lamp posts on the sidewalk side by side, enjoying the night breeze hitting their skins gently. There was a comfortable silence between them until Jessica let out a giggle, making Taeyeon confused.

 

 

 

“Why are you giggling?”

 

 

 

“N-no, I just remembered the ‘ahjussi’ at the store just now. He was really creepy loll.” The thought of the scary Santa made the older girl crack up too.

 

 

 

“Omg did you see his face when I paid for our stuffs? I thought he was going to kill me with his eyes! And he didn’t even move one inch! So I just asked him to keep the change. Aish, what a scary guy.”

 

 

 

“You know, Taeyeon, this actually feels nice.”

 

 

 

 

“Hmm, what is?”

 

 

 

 

“This, me and you hanging out together. It’s been a long time, isn’t it? I didn’t think I’d enjoy this as much but I did anyway. Thank you.” Jessica smiled sweetly to the other girl.

 

 

 

“Ahh… I’m sorry for ignoring you for before… And I’m glad you like it. Because I like this too, hehe.” The black-haired girl rubbed the back of her nape, feeling shy.

 

 

 

“Oh by the way, do you want to visit the rest of the girls? I bet they’re still up, playing or watching some movies or something.”

 

 

 

“Umm… That’s okay.. I think I’m just gonna head home after this.”

 

 

Taeyeon understood that the younger girl might still feel awkward about her resignation, so she let her off the hook. “Ohh alright, that’s fine. Come, let me send you home.”

 

 

 

“Ani, gwenchana. I can just take a cab.”

 

 

 

“Nononono. I was the one who asked you out, so I’ll send you back.”

 

 

 

Jessica just shook her head and pointed at the bus stop where a cab is waiting. “It’s really okay. Besides, your dorm is here. I don’t want to trouble you. Goodnight, Taeyeon.” The brunette started to walk away but halted her steps when her wrist was pulled.

 

 

 

Smooch.

 

 

 

“Goodnight, Sica-yah.” Was all Taeyeon said before giggling and running away from her date that night.

 

 

 

 

Jessica placed her hand on her right cheek and blushed like a silly high school girl getting asked out by her crush. Goodnight, Taengoo-ah.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : Ssuupp! So how was this? Is there anyone who even reads this anymore? Lol anyway be prepared because THE QUEEN IS BACKKKKK!!! KIM ING TAEYEON IS GOING TO BE BACCCCKKKK!! #WHYYYYYYYYYY IM SO FREAKING EXCITED KYAAAAAAA~~~~