chapter 2

Set Me Free

 

 

The nine members of SNSD headed to Chonggye Plaza for their Mr Mr fan sign the next morning. ‘Let’s make this memory a good one today.’ Jessica smiled sadly to herself. As the members settled for their seating arrangements, Jessica looked pleasantly surprised as she was seated next to Taeyeon. ‘Looks like God’s helping me this one last time.’

Flashback last night (at SME)

Jessica took slow steps towards the CEO’s office. She had informed the latter that she wanted to meet him for personal important reasons. The blonde inhaled deeply before placing three firm knocks on the CEO’s door. She turned the door knob hesitantly after hearing a soft “Come in” from the inside.

The CEO, Lee Sooman stopped whatever he was doing when one of SME’s precious money-makers in front of his desk, needing his attention. “What brings you here Sica-ah?” The way he was speaking gave off some fatherly vibe to Jessica, making her more nervous in what she’s going to say. Afterall, he’s closer to SNSD than any other groups because apparently, Sunny, his niece was also in SNSD. “I-I, ugh how do I say this. I..want to quit, sajangnim.”

The middle-aged man was utterly shocked and managed to spit out, “Quit? What do you mean Sica-ah? What do you want to quit?” Jessica felt dizzy with all the questions bombarded towards her, especially after crying ‘session’ she just finished. ‘No, I have to do this. It’s for the best anyway.’ “I..I want to quit performing. Here is my resignation letter, Sajangnim.” Jessica handed the still shocked man a nicely written formal letter.

The man saw some blotches of smeared ink and he immediately knew the girl wants this for real as she must have cried while writing it. He pinched the bridge of his nose and let out a big sigh. “Sic-Sooyeon ah, are you sure? This? Quitting SNSD? Leaving your members? It’s been 14 years Sooyeon-ah, not only since your debut, but also since trainee days. What made you do this? If it’s about the workload, I’ll try to ask the sponsors to extend your schedules another day and make them rearrange it. Just rethink about this, ara?”

Jessica muffled a sob with her hand and shook her head. “A-ani sajangnim, I really want this. I’ve already build Blanc & Eclare and I hope to leave as soon as possible. I really hope that you could help me, uncle. I need this.”

Lee Sooman had never felt so heavy-hearted since the withdrawal of JYJ from their former group, TVXQ. He didn’t expect another withdrawal, especially coming from his favorite group who shared a really strong bond with each other. Due to Jessica’s plead and with her calling him’uncle’, he decided that there must be a very important reason as to why she wants to quit. “Arasso, arasso. I’ll help you. Release a statement using your SNS next week. In the meantime, continue your Mr Mr promotions as usual. But you must remember, there are consequences, Sooyeon. I might have to put some blame on you too for the withdrawal. As of next week, you’re no longer an SNSD member, okay?”

Jessica nodded meekly with tears beginning to form at the brim of her eyes. She bowed to the man and gave him a brief hug of separation while muttering ‘thank yous’ for all he’s done for her before heading home.

 

Taeyeon’s POV

Remembering what Fany said yesterday night, I immediately settled down the seat which I know would be next to Sica. Hehehe. I kinda miss her, scratch that, I miss her a lot but..seeing her with other guys hurt. And I won’t forget the day she ditched me for that scumbag, Taecyeon. She promised me a movie night on my birthday but maybe he’s more important to her. It pains me not being her crush but just a simple member to her. But knowing that she’ll never like me the same, I’ve decided to distance myself from her.

To me, it’s a win-win situation. She gets to hangout with whoever she like anytime without me being a er, and I…I get to lessen my pain of not having her. I let out a small sigh. Today, I will start to treat her better. It’s been three years that I’ve had her this close to me. She must have felt betrayed when I decided to ignore her presence. She tried confronting me many times but during those years, I somehow had managed to avoid them. Maybe we can’t be together but at least this way, I could hold you closer eventhough it may hurt. I hope you’ll forgive me Sica-ah.

Putting on my best smile, I turned my head towards my beloved Ice Princess. She looks so gorgeous today with her white Mr Mr suit on. Makes me wanna eat her. Kekeke byuntaeyeon mode on. Sica pulled out the chair and sat down. Unconciously, I began to stare at God’s perfection in front of me. Her smooth skin, her y collarbone, her thin, kissable lips, her cute little pointy nose and her beautiful hazel eyes- wait why do they look so sad? The pair of mesmerizing eyes suddenly met mine. , Taeyeon don’t lose your cool, maintain the eye contact and look away coolly. Yes, that’s what I’m gonna do. I don’t know why but her eyes seem to convey a message that I don’t really understand. I just want to make them happy again.

 

Author’s POV

The duo awkwardly clear their throats and looked away with both hearts beating at an abnormal pace. ‘My Taengoo..’ ‘Sica-ah..’ thought the two at the same time. ‘I’m gonna talk to her today. It doesn’t matter if she ignores me again, I’m used to it anyway.’ “Taeyeon-ah, have you eaten breakfast?” the blonde asked the black haired leader. The midget who was still trying to look ‘cool’ in front of her princess widened her eyes and replied almost enthusiastically “Yes! I-I mean yes, I have. Have you, Jessica?” and presented her famous chin dimple smile. Jessica giggled at the dork in front of her and was happy she gained a sweet reply instead of a cold shoulder she’s used to. “Mhmm, had scrambled eggs this morning. Made them myself.”

Taeyeon gave her a worried look “You didn’t burn our kitchen, right?” and burst into laughter when Jessica returned an offended look. “Yah I’m not that bad alright? I just need a little practice, that’s all,” before giving a playful shove towards the other girl. Realising what she just did, she apologized profusely to the girl, afraid that she would be angry “Omg I’m so sorry I didn’t mean it, I-“ “Gwenchana Sica-ah, I’m sorry-“ her speech was halted when the MC started the event. They both had their attention towards the MC now with one of them still having deep thoughts inside .

‘It hurts so much Taeyeon-ah, why now? Do you somehow know that I’m leaving and this is your way to bid good bye? I also know you did this for Tiffany. I overheard your convo and I’m sad that you need someone to be mad at you for you to actually be nice to me. I’m happy that you’ve finally smiled at me but it’s too late. Who knows after today you may have a change of heart again. I’m tired of hurting.’

 

A/N : omg i think this fic is so boring but I'll try my best for the rest of the chaps. gomenasai!