chapter 11

Set Me Free

 

 

 

 

Chapter 11

 

 

 

The nation’s girl group leader was seen punching the code to their apartment rapidly as if trying to break the security lock. Once the door beeped open, she kicked her heels off and slammed the door back to its place, shocking the occupants inside. Seven girls who were still on their holidays looked at the incomer with gaping eyes and mouths.

 

 

 

Tiffany being the loyal best friend tried to approach the obviously fuming girl but was shoved out of her way harshly. Taeyeon entered their shared room and slammed the door again, not caring to lock it. The frustrated girl did the only thing she could at that time - throwing her things around because her mind was clouded with so many mixed emotions she just felt the need to let it all out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

SMASH! CLANK! SMASH!

 

 

 

 

 

One by one of the items on the table the black-haired girl shared with Tiffany dropped to the floor and made breaking noises as they made contact with the ground. Taeyeon shouted incoherently and furiously threw her brand new cute little Koyanashi mirror she bought from Japan last time. Yuri and Sooyoung barged into the room after hearing the commotion the first time. They grabbed Taeyeon’s arms, one each, and the leader tried to struggle free against their hold but of course the two taller members were stronger.

 

 

 

 

“Let. Me. Go.” She gritted her teeth and eyes glaring at her two members.

 

 

 

 

“Taeng, why are you being like this? You’re going to hurt yourself at this rate. At least talk to us, calmly.” Yuri coaxed the petite girl.

 

 

 

 

“Just let me go!!” Taeyeon tried to break free again and flailed her legs up in the air but to no avail as it only tightened their hold on her. After realizing she stood no chance against them, she gave up and dropped down to the floor. Tiffany mouthed a thanks to Sooyoung and Yuri and signaled that she would take care of things from there. Yuri patted Tiffany’s back and locked the door to give the two some space.

 

 

 

 

 

“Taetae….what happened…?” Tiffany was caught off guard when the black-haired girl started sobbing with her knees pulled close to her body.

 

 

 

 

The Korean-American put her hand on Taeyeon’s shoulder in hopes that it will somehow coax the latter. “Taetae, talk to me. That way you will feel better. What had happened? I thought you went to Jessi’s event?”

 

 

 

 

Bull’s eye.

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon looked up to Tiffany with bloodshot eyes and her cute puffy button nose. ‘If I snap a picture of this cutie, Jessi would thank me forever. Okok come let’s dig the story Detective Hwang.’ Tiffany thought to herself while holding back a giggle because Taeyeon crying and sulking might be the cutest thing ever aside her dog, Prince.

 

 

 

 

 

“Fany….Sica…Jessica…She….S-she…” Taeyeon wasn’t able to finish her sentence when the incident flashed across her mind again, making her tears fall automatically.

 

 

 

 

“Why? What did she do Taeyeon-ah?”

 

 

 

 

“She kissed the guy…”

 

 

 

 

“What?! What guy??!”

 

 

 

 

“Tyler Kwon…That bastard…Ugh..I should’ve known. They always seem to hang out together all the time anyways…”

 

 

 

 

“Tyler? Oh..Wow, I didn’t know they’re together..I’ve always thought he was gay.”

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon glared at her friend. “Is that even an issue to be considered right now? The main point here is that Sica kissed him! On the lips! And I had ing be a witness to that.” After the infuriated leader let out her feelings, tears began to flow again.

 

 

 

 

“F-Fany…y-you … *sobs* said she likes me too….I k-know I shouldn’t have high hopes of her returning my feelings…but it hurts…neomu appaseo Fany-ah….” The black-haired girl clutched her chest and closed her eyes to embrace the pain. Tiffany stood there, stunned and pitied her best friend. She could tell her about all the nice things in the world, but they won’t overcome the hurt brought by a certain Jessica Jung.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After the surprise kiss and Taeyeon’s little accident at the event, Jessica’s eyes couldn’t have gone any larger. Poor Tyler was getting hit by the girl so many times his arms probably bruised from them. They were lucky people weren’t paying much attention to their side, at least not enough to witness their “inappropriate” actions.

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica pressed the right button on her car keys and entered the silver Porsche the valet parked in front of the entrance for her. The drive back home was confusing, mind puzzling. ‘It’s what I wanted…right? To confirm her feelings for me? But she ran away…. It means she doesn’t like me right…?’

 

 

 

 

 

 

Flashback a few hours ago

 

 

 

 

“Tyler what the hell was that for??! And what if the media catches us?! Are you out of your mind?!” Jessica whispered harshly to the man beside her right after Taeyeon left the hall.

 

 

 

The guy raised up his arms in defense. “Woah girl, chill. You told me to do something, so I did!”

 

 

 

 

“Yes but I certainly did not ask you do to something like- like that!!” The brunette glared at Tyler but he was unaffected, perks of hanging around the Ice Princess for so long.

 

 

 

 

“Jessica hun, you wanted to know her real feelings towards you, right? Whether or not she has a slight crush on you. And I did it to help you! …..Or not..”

 

 

 

 

“What do you mean?” Jessica squinted her eyes and placed her hands on her hips, demanding for an answer.

 

 

 

 

“W-well… if she had liked you, she would’ve come over to us and act like a jealous lover..but instead she ran away.. O-or! Maybe she couldn’t handle us kissing and fled the heartbreaking scene instead….” The way Tyler trailed off his words make the Jung roll her eyes in exasperation. What is the truth?

 

 

Flashback Ends

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So does she have feelings for me or not?? She’s always the one who initiated the skinship, kissing my cheeks every once and then, complimenting me… Are those all merely friendly acts? We used to be close back then…but she should’ve felt a bit awkward with me but she doesn’t…Oh god I’m starting to talk to myself…”

 

 

 

 

Jessica tightened her grip on the steering of the car and shook her head out of those thoughts to concentrate her driving. ‘But I saw a bouquet of roses lying on the floor…did she want to give it to me? Why is this all so confusing??’

 

 

 

 

When she arrived at her house, Jessica waved off her sister Krystal’s greeting and rushed into her room.

 

 

 

“My phone....my phone…aish where is it??” The brunette rummaged through her handbag and frantically searched for her phone.

 

 

 

 

“Aha!” she tapped on the touch screen a few times before putting the gadget to her ear.

 

 

 

 

“Ring…ring…..ring..ring…”

 

 

 

 

“Why isn’t she answering??”

 

 

 

 

“You have reached the-“                      

 

 

 

“Damn it…” she cursed under her breath. Jessica dialed Taeyeon’s number a few more times, but all went straight to the mailbox. Finally feeling fatigue taking over her body, she placed her phone on the nightstand after sending Taeyeon a text asking her to call back and went to take a hot shower.

 

 

 

Done freshening herself up, Jessica wrapped her brown locks into a towel bun and slid into a bathrobe. She hurriedly went to pick up her phone and checked for any sort of message coming from the kid leader. Her shoulders slumped in disappointment as her phone screen showed no notifications of any sort. The brunette sat on the edge of her queen sized bed and went into a thinking mode. Her mind – heart, was a mess. One second she wanted to get rid of the black haired girl, and another she just want to wrap the midget into a tight hug. Jessica did the same thing for the past hour – trying to reach Taeyeon’s mobile and sighed tiredly after getting the same results. She sent a few more texts before falling asleep with her mobile in hand.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SNSD’s Dorm

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yah Taeng, can you please pick up your phone? It’s getting annoying, seriously.” Sunny complained with full of chips.

 

 

 

 

“Yeah Taeng, we’re trying to watch a movie here. Who is it that you don’t wanna answer?” the rest of the members who were relaxing at their living room watching TV turned their heads towards Taeyeon after Sooyoung. Tiffany saw that Taeyeon was hesitating a bit on telling them, and had a hunch that it was Jessica, so she tried to help the latter. The girls knew their leader was working on to get the Ice Princess back to their team, but none knew her real feelings towards Jessica except for Tiffany.

 

 

 

 

 

“Yeah Taetae, if you don’t want to answer then you could put your phone on silent..” Taeyeon gave Tiffany a glum look and the latter quickly made eye contact to signal that either she picks it up or silence the gadget. Taeyeon pouted and slouched deeper into the one person couch she was sitting and unwillingly put her noisy phone on silent. She wanted to ignore Jessica’s effort to reach her completely, but at the same time she wanted to know how long the brunette chase would after her. Taeyeon knows she’s acting stupidly but she couldn’t help it. But she was curious on why Jessica decided to call her. Was it because of the stupid kiss? Or was it because she stopped coming to see her again? Is Jessica really together with Tyler? All these questions were playing in her tiny little head, seeking for answers. They – She, literally only have five more days before Jessica’s contract’s termination activate and to be frank, the leader had already lost hope. ‘She’s with Tyler now, maybe SM’s dating rule is too strict for her..’

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s train of thoughts were cut off when the ringtone of an iPhone 6S blasted through the living room, only that it wasn’t hers. All the members groaned at the interruption of their movie and ushered Tiffany to pick up the call. Tiffany glanced up to Taeyeon after reading the contact name on her screen and bit her lips.

 

 

 

 

‘What?’ Taeyeon mouthed with one of her eyebrows raising.

 

 

 

‘It’s Jessi!!’ Tiffany mouthed back and panicked while pointing to her phone a few times. Taeyeon’s eyes widened a little but she tried to play it cool and act like she didn’t care so she just motioned the girl to answer and diverted her eyes to the TV screen but as soon as Tiffany placed her phone to her right ear, she secretly stole glances at the younger girl and stretched her ears a bit in hopes to catch an information or two about Jessica’s call.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey Jessi!” The moment the name left , seven pairs of curious eyes in the living room laid on her.

 

 

 

Tiffany tried to sound normal and shed off the nervousness of the questioning stares from the rest of the members but failed when she stammered in her next sentence.

 

 

 

 

“H-heyy, what’s up?” she was lucky Jessica’s too concerned about a certain midget to even realize her stuttering. Tiffany nodded her head twice before muttering an “Okay, talk to you soon, bye Jess” and ended the call.

 

 

 

 

Before Taeyeon could open to speak, the other members had already beat her to it.

 

 

 

 

“Fany-ah is that Sica???”

 

 

 

 

“Unnie what did Sica unnie say??”
 

 

 

 

“Is she coming back to us?!?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Hold up guys, let’s wait for Fany’s answer calmly,” Taeyeon said in her leader-like tone, trying to hush the girls when in actual fact her own heart was about to burst from anticipating what Tiffany has to say.

 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany glanced at the members with an apologetic look and turned towards Taeyeon. “It’s nothing about her contract guys, I’m sorry. Taetae can I speak to you in private please?”

 

 

 

The two walked to their room and Tiffany closed the door behind her. “Waeguree Fany-ah?”

 

 

 

 

“Nothing, Jessi sounded so worried on the phone. She really wants to talk to you, Taeyeon-ah.”

 

 

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes folded her arms. “I’m not interested.”

 

 

 

“Taetae…I know it hurts you..but she sounded genuinely wanting to talk to you.. Even I don’t know what was her reason but she asked for this favor from me and she even said that she would consider staying in SNSD if only you pick up her calls..”

 

 

 

‘Like I expected, it’s definitely about her contract. I’m a fool for actually thinking she’d say that the kiss with Tyler was an accident and that she might have feelings for me.. Stupid Taeyeon, you even saw she had her eyes closed that time too! Argh.’ The leader turned her back towards Tiffany and walked towards her bed.

 

 

 

 

“Can you give me some time alone, please?” Taeyeon said as she sat on her bed.

 

 

 

“Fine, but please return her calls, at least, for the group?”

 

 

 

 

“Fany I’m sorry I know I might sound very selfish after this…and I k-know I promised to help you guys to get S-Sica back..but I don’t think I could be close to her right now…I’m really sorry..” she croaked out with tears beginning to blind her vision.

 

 

 

 

Tiffany’s heart broke at the state of her friend and was about to approach the crying girl when she was halted by Taeyeon’s hand.

 

 

 

 

“N-no, I’m fine…I just need some time alone…please..”  The Korean-American dropped her shoulders and closed the door, not before heaving a sigh to give the leader some privacy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SNSD’s break are already over. Tomorrow is a big day for them after their break – their first ever Tokyo Dome concert in Japan, and also the day of Jessica’s contract termination. The members looked restless after practicing for long hours overnight and worrying on how to break the news of Jessica’s exit to their fans. Their formation would look ugly, but it’s not like they never performed with an absence of a member before, it’s just that the Tokyo Dome is their dream together from the start. And it feels empty without having the cold, blunt, icy but warm member by their side, relishing this long time wish with all nine of them. Tiffany had already briefed the rest of the girls about how Taeyeon tried to pull her back with her attempts (excluding her feelings to Jessica) so they accepted the results defeatedly. There wasn’t anything they could have done, really.

 

 

 

 

Yuri, Hyoyeon and Sunny who were among the closest to Jessica had already tried contacting her but their efforts were futile as the latter had already changed her number in hopes of making her leave easier and even Krystal was unable to disclose anything to the SNSD members without Jessica giving her the permission to do so.

 

 

 

 

With heavy hearts, they went to Incheon airport that morning to fly to Tokyo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~
 

 

 

 

“Tyler I think I have to go.”

 

 

 

“Hm? Go where? We have to run through a few designs with the interns, remember?”

 

 

 

Jessica rose from her seat and bit her lips nervously. Ever since Taeyeon won’t answer her calls and stopped coming to the company, her mind had been constantly thinking hard about what she was supposed to do. She purposely did not go to SNSD’s dorm because she had already planned on leaving the group and seeing the members would deter her will to do so. A lot was on her plate, but a decision still has to be made. Does she still want to be in the same group with her unrequited love and suffer until God knows when or will she take the “easy” way out and leave the girls?

 

 

 

“Ty, I love you and all so please take care of the company for a while. I’ll be back soon, I promise!” Jessica ran away with her white heels on, leaving Tyler dumbfounded.

 

 

 

 

“Jessi wait, where are you going?!”

 

 

 

 

“To my love!!” was all he heard as the Ice Princess went out of the company’s main entrance.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So…it’s for real, huh?” Yoona spoke up sadly at the waiting room behind the stage. The air was filled with tension and gloominess although loud cheers and noises can be heard from backstage as the stadium was filled with more than 50,000 people anticipating their show. Clearly, nobody was in the mood to continue but this was a big event, and SNSD’s name would be tarnished if they half-assed the performance.

 

 

 

 

Nobody answered the second maknae and left the question hanging. Nobody even have the answer to her question. It felt so ing surreal to all of them. The one who was the longest trainee among them was the first to ever leave. Things stayed the same until the worker asked them to get ready in Japanese as the concert is about to start.

 

 

 

 

The intro VCR to their Tokyo Dome was almost ending, and everyone was in their starting position for their first song, Mr. Taxi. Everyone tried to keep a professional face, but fans will surely realize the difference in their expressions.

 

 

 

 

A loud boom was heard and Mr. Taxi started playing. Lights shone the centre of the stage and the crowd goes wild as SNSD stood in front of their vision. It would only take them a few seconds before fans realized that Jessica is not there, though, which explains the worry in their hearts.

 

 

 

Realizing the responsibility she carries as her leader, Taeyeon tried to sing her parts with confidence and charisma, only to make mistakes during the first line.

 

 

 

 

“Seo-ul-do, To-ki-o, London, New York!” the leader cursed inwardly as she had forgotten they were in the land of the rising sun, not her home sweet home kimchi land.

 

 

 

“Kimama, ni sekai wo drive tonight~” the black-haired girl felt disappointed at herself and reversed back into position while trying to mask her feelings but was beyond surprised – scratch that, everyone in the stadium gasped and cheered in unison as another boom erupted and a big spotlight shone at the corner of the stage.

 

 

 

 

 

“Kakuchi de, hirou suru nyu sutairu! Mita kotonai mono dake mise tageru~” a familiar, unique but powerful nasal voice pierced through their ears – hearts, and the crowd went even wilder than before. All of them were definitely confused, but pleasantly surprised and somehow relieved.

 

 

 

 

“JE-SSI-CA! JE-SSI-CA! JE-SSI-CA!” Jessica’s contract issue did not only worry the members but also the fans as rumors had been going around for quite some time, speculating about her leave from SNSD since the fanmeeting in China. But seeing the Ice Princess in action right in front of their eyes again soothed the whole fandom and fanchants for her burst through the whole stadium.

 

 

 

 

The song was playing by its own for a good few seconds because even SNSD looked shocked but gradually turned into pure happiness and gratefulness for the return of Jessica. Except for one person who diverted her eyes away from the latter. The song entered the chorus and like the professionals they are, all nine fall into line and showed off their famous dance moves.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The concert had ended with success, and Sooyoung had apologized to the fans for surprising them with Jessica’s late appearance and reasoned for it to be special for the Ice Princess since her birthday is coming soon (thank God for Sooyoung’s quick mind). After the long two and a half hours stage, the girls skipped backstage with happy smiles stretched on their faces. It might be a tiring event, but nothing beats the joy and excitement they felt when cheered on by thousands of audience, and also because Jessica is back.

 

 

 

 

 

After they get to a wider space, as if they had telepathy, all the members gathered and made a circle around Jessica with hands on their hips and frown on their faces.

 

 

 

 

“Why did you leave us just like that, Sica?” Yuri started while staring into the brunette’s eyes.

 

 

 

“Yeah, unnie don’t you love us anymore?” Yoona whined out.

 

 

 

“That is very irresponsible and unethical of you Sica-ah. I thought…we were family..” the others nodded to Sunny’s words. Jessica closed her eyes and sighed. She knew this was bound to happen anyway but she couldn’t just tell them she left because she loves Taeyeon and it ing hurts, can she? She fluttered her eyelids open and was about to speak but was stopped when she felt a sudden surge of warmth of hug from all the girls. Well except the leader, which Tiffany forcefully dragged her to join in the group hug.

 

 

 

 

“I’m really sorry guys…”

 

 

 

 

“Shh it’s okay unnie…” No words were needed as they felt complete in their circle of hug.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Taeyeon!”

 

 

 

 

“Taeyeon wait up, please!” The girls have flown back to Korea and all were dead tired so they quickly dressed up for bed. But Taeyeon told them that she’ll be going out for some fresh air and the rest were too tired to argue so they let her out. Jessica had been wanting to speak to the older girl since forever but her efforts always got turned down. It’s either Taeyeon said she’s too tired to talk and need rest or she occupies herself with other members. Jessica couldn’t just go to them and be like “Hey Taeyeon can I have a minute with you?” because she actually already did and as expected, the leader replied uninterestedly with “You can speak to me here, in front of Yoong and Seo.” To which of course she retreated awkwardly saying she suddenly has something to do. And now that Taeyeon was finally alone, she decided to follow the older girl.

 

 

 

 

“Taeyeon! Ouch!” The brunette successfully grabbed Taeyeon’s attention as she tripped upon a small crack on the pavement. Jessica wrapped her hands around her knee and blew some air to it as it began to bleed.

 

 

 

“Aish, can you stand up?” Jessica turned her head upwards and saw a small hand offering her to stand up. She hid a small smile while holding on to the smooth hand but frowned as soon as her knee straightened.

 

“Eish…it’s bleeding a little but I’m fine Taeng- Taeyeon…” the younger girl pouted a bit when she saw the other girl not even bothering to look her in the eyes.

 

 

 

 

“But you can still walk on your own right?” the brunette winced at the cold tone but nodded, nonetheless.

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon hummed, acknowledging her reply and released her hand before walking away.

 

 

 

 

“T-Taeyeon!”

 

 

 

 

Dudeun. Dugeun. Dugeun.

 

 

 

 

A hand tugged on the black-haired girl’s wrist, preventing her to take another step.

 

 

 

“T-Tae..-“

 

 

 

 

“What? Cut the crap and go straight to the point, will you?” Taeyeon saw a flicker of hurt in Jessica’s eyes and to be honest it hurt her too, but remained her stance.

 

 

 

 

Jessica masked her feelings and tried to crack a joke. “Eheyy, the other day we were doing just fine hanging around each other. Aren’t you glad I’m back?”

 

 

 

 

No reply.

 

 

 

 

“Taeyeon-ah…tell me, did I do something wrong to cause you to be like this..?” she breathed out in the cold weather.

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon pursed her lips before staring into the latter’s eyes and spoke up. “Jessica, I…We…I think it’s better if we stayed the same..like before all this ever happened..I really am sorry for ignoring you, but I guess that just might be the best..”

 

 

 

 

“W-what do you mean?” Jessica croaked out, tears threathening to fall.

 

 

 

Don’t cry, please don’t cry, Sica-ah. You’re better off without me..

 

 

 

 

“I’m just saying that it’s best if we keep our distance, just like always.”

 

 

 

I’m  sorry Sica-yah…But I hope you’ll be happy with him..I’m only going to ruin the picture..

 

 

 

 

And she did it. The tears betrayed her eyes. Taeyeon turned around, ready to walk away because she knew if she stayed a second longer, her heart will succumb to its wants – needs.

 

 

 

“I-I was going to bring this to my grave but since the damage has been done, might as well get down to it... I love you, Kim Taeyeon.”

 

 

 

 

 

The word ‘love’ coming out from Jessica’s mouth got her tracks stopped. Her heart hammered against her ribcage. Taeyeon knew that Jessica might meant the sisterly love but she could not help but feel things.

 

 

 

 

“I have always loved you. From the very first moment I saw you I was already attracted to this wonderful creation of God. Your cute chubby cheeks, God I love them so much. Your amazing voice that everyone loves. At first I thought it was merely an admiration, or a girl crush, which is normal. But then I started getting jealous of you interacting with anyone so I started going out with guys, you know, to get my mind off you, and  to confirm things. During the dates, I would always think about how nice if you were there, and what – where, would we go on ours. When they hold my hand, I just wished that it was your soft ones I’m holding. When they hugged me, I just get turned off by their musky cologne because it’s your vanilla scent that I prefer. A-and, this is embarrassing, hahaha..but the only time I could kiss them back is when I imagine that it’s you. And that’s the reason why I failed so many relationships. Because I ing love you. Not as a friend or family, as a person. I love you, as a person. And it ing hurts when the one you love ignores you for so long. That is why I precisely want out of the group. Because I know you’d never feel the same. Because I know that we, won’t work out. There will never be a ‘we’, in fact. Because it ing hurts.”

 

 

 

There was a pregnant pause after the statement. Jessica wiped her tears gently with her long sleeved t-shirt and inhaled a lungful of air.

 

 

 

“Sigh. Funny how I feel so much relieved after letting it out. I’m sorry for making this – us, awkward, Taeyeon – umpff” A gush of warmth enveloped her body in the harsh weather, making her feel all fuzzy inside.

 

 

 

Taeyeon had hugged her.

 

 

 

Taeyeon nuzzled her face into her boo- chest.

 

 

 

Taeyeon was definitely sobbing because she could feel her t-shirt suddenly wet.

 

 

“Tae….yeon?” Jessica whispered, afraid to startle the crying baby.

 

 

 

 

“S-Sica…”

 

 

 

“Y-yes?” Jessica asked while slowly the shorter girl’s hair.

 

 

 

 

“I love you too…”

 

 

 

 

Jessica stopped her movements and stiffened in her spot. ‘Did I hear that right?’

 

 

 

 

“W-what did you just say?”

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon nuzzled more into her chest before placing her chin onto Jessica’s shoulder. “Sicaaaaaa….” She breathed out. Jessica stood still, not wanting to interrupt what the older girl has to say. Both hearts were matching each other’s beat, fast but calming.

 

 

 

“I…I never know you had those feelings for me…All these while I thought…Oh my gosh I’m such a fool.”

 

 

 

 

To Jessica’s dismay, Taeyeon detached from the hug and stood facing her instead, eyes just one or two centimeter short from the latter.

 

 

“Jessica….I ing love you too. The days I ignored you? They were because I couldn’t stand the pain of having you clinging to me, by my side, when you actually have other guys in your heart. It kills me, Sooyeon-ah. And then one day I thought to myself, why am I doing this to you? You don’t deserve such a treatment from me. And that I don’t mind the pain anymore even though you might go out with other guys because all it matters to me is your happiness. To see you smile. And having you by my side is more than enough. But all crumbled down when I saw you kissing T-Tyler…”

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica’s eyes widened and quickly waved both of her hands as a “no” sign. “God, no! It was all a mistake, Taeyeon-ah.” Taeyeon raised her brows at the statement.

 

 

 

Jessica huffed, “He’s the one who kissed me first. He told me that…you would open up your feelings to me if you had any…Which clearly didn’t help.” She pouted. “But it was nothing else, I swear! And, lol, he’s gay, to be honest.”

 

 

 

 

“Really?” Taeyeon said in a possessive tone.

 

 

 

“Really.”

 

 

 

Taeyeon looked to the ground and swayed her feet a bit, suddenly looking all shy. “So u-umm Sica…”

 

 

 

“Yes?”

 

 

 

“C-can we start over? Wait no, not start over…Aish how do I say this..” Jessica put a hand over and chuckled because the black-haired girl was looking way too cute right now.

 

 

 

 

The older girl rubbed her nape and took a deep breath, “It’s been years, and I don’t wanna wait anymore considering we share the same feelings. Jessica Jung Sooyeon, will you be my girlfriend?” Taeyeon bit her lips nervously and met the younger girl’s eyes. Jessica totally didn’t expect this to happen, well at least not tonight, but it was definitely more than what she could ask for.

 

 

 

The brunette nodded her head furiously and jumped into Taeyeon’s arms without caring about her slightly bruised knee. Her heart was pumping loudly as if it was about to burst. Taeyeon’s too. She grinned widely at her attempt. It was totally unplanned, but she’s been keeping the feelings stored for so long it’s only natural for her tongue to smoothly utter those words.

 

 

 

The leader tightened her arms on the younger girl’s slender waist, bringing her body closer and buried her face in her hair. Jessica did the same, too. Taeyeon’s vanilla scent was effectively bringing a race to her hormones but at the same time also calming her heart.

 

 

 

They broke the hug after a few minutes and rested their foreheads on each other’s, not caring how the cold the night was.

 

 

 

 

Like it was the only right thing to do, Taeyeon leaned in closer, closing the gap between their lips and captured Jessica’s soft, thin ones in hers. Taeyeon nibbled on the younger girl’s lower lip slowly but sensually, begging for entrance. Jessica moaned as their tongues collided and tilted her head more towards the right to give Taeyeon access. The leader placed her right hand behind the brunette’s head and gently pulled her closer. Feeling a desperate need of oxygen, the two unwillingly parted, making a soft “pop” from their lips as they did so. Both cheeks turned crimson red as Taeyeon grabbed Jessica’s cold ones in hers and rubbed the hand with her thumb.

 

 

 

 

“I really love you, Jung Sooyeon.”

 

 

 

 

“I really love you too, Kim Taeyeon.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : ES IT’S THE ENDING!!! Ohmygosh. I’m getting emotional rn loll. Took me such a long time to figure out the freaking plot and ending to this. This is by far the longest chapter I’ve ever written in my whole life! And ofc its not perfect, but what can I say/do, I’m HORRIBLE at endings!! I’m just glad I don’t have to feed this nonsense to you guys anymore uhuks. Really sorry guys! Thank you for still reading this (for those who do), thank you for being patient with my super slow poke updates! I really appreciate the comments, really. I THINK I will start a new taengsic fic, it depends on my schedule lol. It’s gonna be a high school theme I guess. And heartbreaks ;) All in all, thank you so much yereobeun! Love you! Xoxo, :*