Chapter 2

Subway Station

A week has pass since the day I let myself getting involve in a mess that Soonyoung created for me. It was exhausted—to make the girls agree—Minji keep saying that she is busy—there are so many blind dates, I’m not the only one that want her to join—in the simplest word—she’s trying to tell me that she is hot and famous—I’m in dead road, it takes me one night to finally remembered that there’s a picture during our middle school—the day Kim Minji still look like an anchovies—so I threaten her—I didn’t mean to be rude or cruel—but I must help my friend, and that’s how Minji agree to join the blind date.

 

 

The quietest girl in the class—Cha Seuljin, I’m curious which boy that has interest with this weirdo—If Wonwoo is the quietest guy, then Seuljin is the quietest girl. She looks surprise when I told her about the blind dates before she told me that I was crazy. I feel attacked—she keep saying that she don’t know what she should do during blind dates and she don’t have any experience. I suddenly said that “Seungcheol sunbae will be there”

 

 

I lie. She will kill me if sunbae didn’t appear later but what is important is she automatically said YES later.

My question is—will Jeon Wonwoo join the dates later—or no

 

 

 

I spend my time changing from this dress to another shirt to that dress till I finally decided to wear my favourite hood. It’s not that I was anticipate to join this blind dates anyway—it’s not that Jeon Wonwoo will be there—I wish he will be there—whatever it is I’m ready to the blind dates.

 

 

I take the subway to go the restaurant that is nearer to our school, my anticipated drops when I didn’t saw Wonwoo in the subway,

 Of course he won’t agree to join this, what do you expect?

 

I walk into the restaurant and they already arrived. I was surprise to see Seungcheol sunbae was there—my trick becomes reality—Seuljin must treat me a pizza later—I’m an expert.

 

I throw them an awkward smile as I approach them, they are sitting in front of each other and there are two empty chairs at the end of the table. Without I realize it, I was disappointed, I wish he was there, but he doesn’t. Soonyoung look up at me and said, “I already ask Wonwoo to join us” I startles as I nodded, “so what? It’s not that I want to join this blind dates—I just come to ensure that they are here” I reply as an excuses as I look at the girls.

 

“Since they are here then—I’m” I couldn’t finish my word when someone interrupts, “sorry—I was late”

 

A very unfamiliar voice to me—I turn back and saw Wonwoo was there, standing few centimetres away from me as he still trying to catch his breath—did he run from the subway station? I froze, my heart was beating faster, and I did not expect this to happen to me, what is wrong with me? I feel a sudden coldness wrapping my body—I never know that his voice is deep and husky—as the only thing that I always sees is quiet Wonwoo. It feels like I take one step in getting to know him.

 

“Never mind” Soonyoung’s voice bring me back to the reality—“Byulmi just arrive as well” he continue, “Come take a sit then” he added as he pull both of us to our assigned place.

 

 

I glance toward my left and I saw Seuljin is shyly smiling as she listen to whatever that Seongcheol sunbae is telling her, sometimes both of them cutely chuckles together—I never know that Seuljin can smile. I was fail as her friend. On the other side Soonyoung is working harder to make Minji laugh—he keep makes jokes, from the childish jokes to the stupid jokes. Minji look like she tried to maintain cool—but later she burst into laugh and Soonyoung look like he just won a gold medal.

 

They must be happy

 

 

Meanwhile Wonwoo and I is the quietest out of the three couple. I have so many question to ask him, did you always this quite? Did you notice that we always in the same subway? Did you know that I even exist? did you?

Without I even realize it I let out a heavy sigh, my eyes grow bigger when Wonwoo suddenly look at me, “Sorry” he suddenly apologize. “Never mind, it’s not that we are agree to join this dates anyway” I said as I sip my soda.

 

 

 

And that’s the only conversation that we had that evening.

 

 

 

Later on, before we decide to go home, I take a pen and empty paper from my bag,

“Wonwoo, would you mind to sign here” I shove him an empty paper, he look at me in confusion for a second and without doubt, he signs the empty paper for me.

And that’s the end of the boring first blind dates for me