Chapter 13

Subway Station

"Wonwoo! Come here!" Byulmi shout as she smiles brightly at me.

I smile as I shook my head, didn’t have any intention to join her. My head is still dizzy over what Mingyu told me that morning. I need time.

Granny looks happy and cheerful. She hasn’t stop telling Byulmi about our childhood memories. It’s been a while since I saw granny being excited.

“Why don’t you go and join them? I glance at Hongbin who is approaching me with a cup of coffee.

Didn’t receive any response from me, Hongbin look at me and offer me his coffee, "Want some?"

I just shook my head as I look back at Byulmi and granny who are having fun in the backyard garden.

"Jjang!!" Everyone look at Mingyu in unison. He walks toward Byulmi and granny with a plate of watermelon. I saw Byulmi throw a bright smile toward Mingyu. Mingyu smile as he put the watermelon in front of Byulmi before he went to sit next to her.

My heart ache

"Why don’t you go and join them" Hongbin ask as he put the cup on the coffee table.

I glance at him, yet I did not give him any response

"You like her don't you?" Hongbin tried to grab my attention

"I brought her here for you" he said "not for you to waste this time and not for Mingyu" he continued

He looks at me, awaiting a response from me and he received nothing.

Hongbin let out a heavy sigh and ask," did you remember?"

I twitch my eyebrows, waiting for him to continue

"There's one day you was crying because your mother didn’t bought a bicycle for you? You ran to granny and asked her if she can buy it for you. Granny said yes and all of us went to the shop together"

"We thought granny will only buy one for you but instead she told us to choose one. I remembered chose the blue bicycle and I remembered that Mingyu chose the red bicycle, the one that you chose" Hongbin said as he look at me

"Did you remember what you had done on that day?"

"We both cried because there's only one red bicycle" I replied

"But then I let Mingyu took it and i took the black bicycle instead" I continued as I glance toward Mingyu.

Hongbin nods his head as he put his palm on my shoulder

"There's only one flower this time" his word goes straight into my ear

"Will you give this flower to Mingyu? Will you give in again?" He asks

My throat dried. I couldn’t answer that question.

"You are not an angel" Hongbin added before he leaves.

[Byulmi POV]

“Wonwoo ah” I call out his name as I approach him. Wonwoo look at me as smile plastered on his face. “Mingyu and I want to go the river; do you want to come with us?” I ask—even I know that he will say NO, yet I just take the chance, a chance to talk to him. We rarely talk right after we arrived in Granny's house. Somehow it seems like Wonwoo is ignoring me.

As expected, his answer is NO

So I left him as I tell myself that Wonwoo is always like that, get used to his attitude Lee Byulmi. Yes, get used to his attitude.

 

 

That evening Mingyu and I went back with a basket of fishes. I never imagine that I will ever go fishing in my life. It’s surprisingly enjoyable.

I saw Wonwoo looking at me from the balcony—he smile

I smile back at him as I waved my hand—showing him the fishes that we caught.

His smile becomes brighter as he form his finger into 'thumb up' sign.

Happiness bloom in my heart

 

 

“Aigoo” I startles as I hear Granny’s chiming, her jaw dropped as he grab my shoulder and violently shake my body. 

“What you have done to this girl” She asks Mingyu

Mingyu giggling as he shook his head. I was half sweating and half wet—my hair didn’t feel like hair anymore

“I’ll go and take a shower now Granny!” I beam and I quickly run into my room

 

 

“Let’s cook a stew for dinner then” Granny suggest as she look at all of us who already lining up behind her, It feels like she’s the head chef while we are her assistants.

“You take care of this fishes—make sure that it’s clean” Granny gave her command to her first assistant Mingyu.

“Ahhh why me” Mingyu cutely complaining yet he still walk toward the sink with the fishes.

“Wonwoo you can cook the rice right?” She asks “You at least can cook rice by your age right now right?” she continued

“Yes Granny!” Wonwoo beamed, “Please trust me” He added as he back hug Granny and kiss her cheeks

“Ya!!! That’s my Granny” Mingyu cutely whining while yet no one care

 

 

“You—”

“I will help washing the dishes later” Hongbin beamed before he quickly run out from the kitchen and once again Mingyu whining but this time Wonwoo join him.

“What about me then?” I ask,

“You—you can cut the vegetables” I finally received my duty.

 

Wonwoo quietly doing his duty—later he approach Mingyu and offer him help. They diligently doing their job and unknowingly I was smiling as I look at them.

“Did you like Wonwoo hyung?”

Mingyu’s a sudden question that evening when we were in the river strike my cells once again.

How did he know?

Am I being obvious?

How did he caught me?

Why Wonwoo can’t see that?

I was being pulled back to the reality as I feel a sudden pain, blinking my eyes I lift up my hand and realize that my finger is bleeding.

“Ah!” I stand up in surprise. I look upward and Wonwoo look at in surprise as well, “What happen?” he ask as he dashing toward me

I just let him look at my bleeding finger—I couldn’t even open my mouth

“Ohh—come here” Wonwoo said as he pull my wrist

 

 

After wash away the blood, Wonwoo pull me out from the kitchen and we goes straight to the living room, he carefully put the medicine on my fingers—And later, without we even realize it we were staring at each other.

 

 

I wish the time stops so that I can enjoy this moment.