Chapter 15

Subway Station

[Byulmi’s POV]

 

Ever since that day, Wonwoo always wait for me every morning at the subway station, then we will go to the school together, then later during lunch hour he will come and invite me to have lunch together, sometimes after school we will go back home together, so yeah, we were mostly together.

I am so happy.

“So,” Soonyoung said as he slides right in front of my table

“What is going on?” he asks with a cheeky expression appeared on his face as his eyes begin to disappear.

I raise my brows as I take out my book, pretending to not understand the meaning behind his question, “what?”

“you know what I want to know” the boy added as he already pulls a chair and sits in front of me with his chin drop on his palm.

“Oh! Yes, I’m free, let me go to the teacher’s office” I suddenly beam and quickly stand and leave him all alone there in a daze.

Soonyoung must be thinking that I was running because I was shy, to be honest, I myself was as curious as him, we are close lately, but what is our relationship to be honest? We just friends, as far as I remember, ever since the summer break, nothing has changed, it’s not like he confesses to me or I confess to him, like nothing happen—nothing.

*

I stare and the boxes of books in a daze as usual on that weekend, new stocks just arrived, meaning more works for me—sigh.

 

Hongbin is there as usual as he begins to start sorting the books on the shelf before he suddenly asks,

“So, have you guys start dating?”

I startle as I look around, “was that question for me?”

“Nope, it’s for this book, see this book” he replied as he points out at the book in his hand, I roll my eyes as I begin to take out the books as well, “What do you mean?” I casually continue the conversation.

“With Wonwoo of course,” he continues,

“Why is everyone keep asking me about this?” I replied, “I am curious as well” I added.

Hongbin stops doing his job as he glances at me, “So none of you confess yet?”

“How did you even know?” I ask,

“Even granny knows”

*

I received a text message from Wonwoo that night, asking if I want to go to the nearest café near my house, ‘they got a new menu’ he said in the text. People thought that I will play hard to get, right? Well of course—NO. If I can create more memories with him then yes am willing to create it, so here I am already standing outside my house with a simple shirt and jeans as am waiting for him.

“Sorry, I miss the train,” He said as soon after he arrives.  I just smile as I shake my head, “No never mind, let’s go then” I replied as we both walk towards the café that is around 2 blocks from my house.

We both sit at the corner of the café right after we’ve ordered at the counter, and suddenly we both freeze—as usual. For god sake Byulmi, SPEAK!

“So, we just come to try the new menu?” I start the conversation,

Wonwoo looks at me in surprise, “no” he replies, shortly.

“I got something to say to you as well” he added, and there goes my poor heart—it jumps a bit.

“Really, I got something to say to ask as well” I reply as I smile.

The pickup buzzer went buzzing right before any of us could say or ask anything, Wonwoo stands up as he picks the buzzer and goes to the counter to pick up our menu, I take a deep breath as I told myself that I will ask him this question no matter what happens tonight, I am one brave girl—YES BRAVE.

Wonwoo comes back with a tray that is full with two cups of ice americano and an ice latte with two plates of the new cakes, and then we both go FREEZE 2.0.

“So” he starts the conversation, this time. “What do you want to ask me,” he asks.

I look at him straight in his eyes and ask, “Can you like me?”

Wonwoo didn’t answer, all he does is staring back at me, “You can’t?” I added as I lower my gaze and look at the cakes in front of us.

“I already like you” he suddenly blurts it out, “since a long time already” he continues, “that’s why I ask you out this evening, I actually planning to confess to you, but you already did it before me, then what should I do now? What am I suppose to do now?” Wonwoo continue to spill all the words that he may have kept in his mind

I smile and soon end up laughing, “we both are an idiot don’t we,” I said, “what is it so hard to confess” I added as I look at him, I saw him smiling as he also nods in agreement. “true” he replies.