04: Shikigami

Another World
Please log in to read the full chapter

I'm finally introducing two new characters to the story. Yes, this includes nap and chunjoe. I'm so slow, i'm so sorry. please enjoy~ Thank you for all your comments. I enjoy reading them all so much! 

Chapter 4

 

 

years ago

 

A ten year old boy crouched in the dark corner of his royal room crying. He locked himself in while threatening death to anyone who dares enter his room.

 

He held onto a torn piece of paper with the name ‘Bang Minsoo’ written in red ink. His shikigami of 7 years was killed in combat yesterday.

 

Minsoo was a servant created for him by his grandmother who passed on years ago. She enchanted Minsoo from a piece of paper.

 

Though he originated from a mere piece of paper no bigger than an index card, there he was. He looked like any other regular human being. His hand felt warm and minsoo even had a beating heart.

 

Tears flowed like a furious storm and his heart fell into a dark and heavy state. It became hard to breathe; his only friend in this world was gone.

 

“I never told you how much I loved you…” Niel bawled hoping everything was but a dream.

 

Niel wiped his eyes, ‘maybe I can resummon him.’  

 

Niel held onto the piece of paper taped together. He closed his eyes and poured his mana into the paper like his grandmother did years ago while reminiscing of their past.
 

Like magic, the paper unfurled and began bloating into a humanoid shape. In moments, minsoo stood in perfect condition like all this was but a dream.

 

“Minsoo!” Niel dashed to his friend, relieved. He was making a fuss over nothing.

 

“Yes young master, what can I do for you?” Minsoo replied in a stoic tone. He didn’t return Niel’s hug and stood up in a dazed motion. Niel’s body grew rigid while staggering back.

 

‘Young master? He’s never called me that before… he always calls me by my name.’

 

“Are you feeling unwell?” Minsoo asked without a bit of change in his facial expression.

 

It was a failure. Though he looked exactly like Minsoo, this was not Minsoo.

 

*** back to the present ***

 

“Minsoo how is my brother, Changhyun, living these days?” Niel, the crown prince of Noir picked a black rose from a basket of flowers.

 

“He’s been adventuring for about half a year now in search for his familiar,” Minsoo poured Niel black tea and set a plate of freshly baked lemon chiffon cake.

 

Niel nodded picking the black petals off one by one and set them neatly onto a pile. Niel took a sip of tea and continued dissembling the rose petals.

 

“Oh? How many has he gathered so far?” Niel gathered the petals into a stone plate and began crushing it with a round stone.

 

Minsoo paused for a moment, “As far as I know, none.”

 

Niel frowned, “It shouldn’t be so hard finding a familiar. What’s wrong?”

 

“It seems the demon blood makes the suitable candidates incompatible and the contract never binds,” Minsoo said while remaining in a respectful

Please log in to read the full chapter