07: warmth

Another World
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hello,  I saw people upvoting and subscribing every few weeks thank you. T^T Although it's been so long since I've updated, thanks to those who still follow this story. OTL feel free to leave comments, and I hope you didn't forget what the plot was lol. 

Chapter 7

“…. And that’s what happened. Ok, I’ve rested enough. It’s time to go.” Minsoo said with a stern voice getting up. The giant swallow spread its grand wings and cried out telling all the humans it had enough time to rest. 

Minsoo and Changhyun hopped on while I remained rooted to the ground.

“I realize the crown prince is an important person to you. But to me, he’s a stranger. I have no reason to risk my neck sneaking into the dark palace.” I crossed my arms.

A part of the job description was NOT ‘commit suicide.’ Who in their right mind will voluntarily walk into the dark palace dungeons? 

It’s a piece of cake sneaking into the dungeon. It’s barely guarded. The problem was the spirit stones which takes control of some of the strongest hateful feelings inside your own mind. 

In an ideal world, a person without guilt will not be harmed because they have nothing to feel guilty over. Therefore, the spirit stones will be harmless. There are some who claim if one is truly guiltless you will feel nothing but euphoria. However, reality does not work that way because every human- no matter how perfect they claim to be always hides a dark secret. It’s hard enough being in solitary confinement with minimal water and food. One must survive the constant silent hissing of the devil for however long they are convicted.

From Minsoo’s explanation, the crown prince will not be released anytime soon for attempting to assassinate the Empress.   

 “You’re free to stay, but you understand if I die… you will die too. Do you want to sit there and bite your thumb doing nothing or come with me?” Changhyun smirked making room behind him. 

“ing hell,” I muttered under my breath while climbing onto the empty spot behind Changhyun. The more Changjo thought about this situation, the more confused he became.

Perhaps Changhyun isn’t the cleric his father wants to kill. This is the only logical answer, otherwise dad’s just asking me to just die a dog’s death. Unless, this familiar contracting business wasn’t part of the plan and I messed everything up- which doesn’t seem too far-fetched. I’ll never know until I get a chance to talk to him one more time, no use worrying about it now.

I hopped on and looked for some place to hold, I see Changhyun’s shoulders. I could a massive heat boiled inside of me. I feel so restless. I can hear many different voices inside my head hissing random things in a language I can’t understand. I feel like they are telling me something but it’s just so noisy and I want to punch them all out of my own mind.

“Changjo, we’re going to fly over 400 miles per hour. If you want to fall to your death before takeoff, please feel free to remain in your current position,” Changhyun looks like a harmless teddy bear but no amount of training in my life changes the fact that I can’t do anything to go against him at this moment.

I grumbled complaints under my breath. Ever since I signed my life away as a familiar, I feel so hungry and tired. No amount of sleep or eating could satisfy me. This was a different kind of fatigue that never went away and it was making me feel very irritated.
I grabbed Changhyun tight to the point of choking. Maybe he will die and I can move on with my life? Changhyun cried out and his face contorted, which was amusing to watch but let loose since his death would mean my own. 

Just then, soft warmth poured into my soul quenching the irrational thirst that has been plaguing my body. I unintentionally laid my head down on Changhyun's shoulder from momentary bliss and closed my eyes from pleasure. I let out a moan unintentionally which snapped me back to reality. I mentally kicked myself while reverting to my stoic face. 

Lucky for me, the swallow was squawking and flapping its giant wings that nobody noticed my strange behavior. 

The palace of healing mass produce ‘holy magic pills.’ Clerics in training are responsible for the mass production of this. That way, royal clerics don’t need to worry about daily transf

Please log in to read the full chapter