05: holy devil

Another World
Please log in to read the full chapter

author's note: Finally all the characters! It only took 5 chapters, oh don't mind me. -_______-. Thank you for loving and reading my story. I hope I didn't let you down. 

A haggard male dressed in torn clothes walked the mud road. It was raining, but the male didn’t bother seeking refuge and continued to walk in a slow tired manner. He was in no rush, but he didn’t look like he would stop walking any time soon.

 

His feet was bare and had many bruises all over his body. People looked pitifully at the male wondering if he had a loose screw in his head. The male was handsome, but something about him didn’t sit right and frightened anyone who passed by.

 

The air around the male had a terrible cold vibe that made all the hairs stand up. Nobody bothered to stop and find out why; they just wanted to get away as fast as possible.

 

The male glared across the land, there was a body that lay collapsed face down.

 

The male made his way to the body in no rush. He used his feet to kick the body upright, the body moaned in pain.

 

The collapsed boy was scrawny and looked like he’d been starving for days.

 

The male tsked and slung the body over his shoulder.

 

He continued walking with a body slung over his shoulder in the pouring rain in a slow leisure walk. He didn’t feel obligated to save this person’s life, but something wouldn’t sit right if he just walked by pretending to be blind to it all.

 

After about three hours, he found a small inn. He would have continued walking all night without rest but instead because of this starved looking person, he decided to stop and rest for the night.

 

It was a modest run down place. The inn had only 10 rooms and was kept clean but there wasn’t anything flashy or memorable about the place.

 

“30 gold,” a grandmother answered without batting an eye.

 

The male threw 3 gold and glared with knife like eyes. She jumped for a moment and took the gold while handing him the keys. She mumbled some dissatisfied remarks under her breath as he left to his room quietly.

 

The male threw the starved guy onto the bed while he himself sat down against the wall with his katana held loosely on his hand. Though he looked relaxed, he would be ready to counter against any surprise attacks.

 

The male observed the newly picked up straggler. The guy had fair skin and supple hands though they were covered in dirt. He looked like someone who lived without struggle in a well to do family.

 

“Wa..ter…. water,” the straggler croaked.

 

The male didn’t have time to babysit, but now that he picked up the guy he couldn’t be half assed and abandon him now.

 

He heaved a sigh wondering why he’s got to help every passing stranger even though he’s a walking curse himself.

 

‘I only cause trouble wherever I go, what am I trying to achieve by doing this?’ the male thought to himself while walking over to the struggling man.

 

He propped the straggler up in his arms and tried to pour some water into his mouth. The straggler started choking and coughing like crazy.

 

“You’re nothing but trouble,” the male tsked. He chugged some water into his mouth and kissed

Please log in to read the full chapter