Chapter 13

Not a fairytale
Please log in to read the full chapter

South Korea's independence day was a day to celebrate the day the royal family led to country to independence from the countries surrounding them. The royal family was hailed as the savior of the people and was as such celebrated on this day for the past hundred years. Unlike other countries, South Korea's independence day was like a carnival which was celebrated by all ages. There were concerts, stalls, games and competition. This was their culture which put the people first before anything else.

This year, the independence day was celebrated in the newly built stadium which could hold up to two hundred thousand people. The preparation had started half a year ago as the hundred anniversary of independence held a significant meaning for everyone. The Crown Prince, Prince Sunggyu had been trusted with the handling of the celebration in general. Despite the solemn mood caused by the rebellion near the border, Sunggyu was more determined than ever to make the celebration a success.

Finally, the awaited day arrived and the celebration was officially kicked off. The games and competitions were already done the previous month and what was left was only the final. The stalls had been opened since morning and people from all over the country had flooded the stadium. Foreigners also joined in in what was known as the Carnival of Freedom.

There were two stage built, one in the middle of the stadium for all the performance and one near the side especially for the royal family and Royal Council. A podium was prepared for the speech by the Crown Prince that was scheduled at night. 

Exactly at 8pm, two limousine entered the stadium accompanied by bodyguards that ran next to them. The first limousine stopped right next to the stage however the second one stopped quite far.

"His Majesty, the King, King Sangwoon, Her Royal Highness, the Queen, Queen Yewon and Her Royal Highness, the Dowager Queen, Queen  Hyesung." The three most important figures of the country stepped out of the first limousine as thousands and thousands as South Korean knelt in respect. The King did not smile as he sat on the throne set on the stage with the Queen and the Dowager Queen sat on each side. The emcee gave some time for the crowds to stand up before announcing the next arrival.

"His Royal Highness, the Crown Prince, Prince Sunggyu." Loud cheer can be heard among the crowds which then was magnified by the crowd many times louder. Sunggyu was as through as possible in his planning. He purposely allowed the King to went first so that he could greet the people in his own way. Despite being kicked into another limousine, he still retained his dignity by making sure he made a grand entrance. Even the loud cheer was started by his follower that he planted among the crowd. The Royal Council which was already seated on stage displayed their disapproval clearly.

'Grumble all you want, old people. I won this one.' With his bodyguards, Sunggyu made his way among the crowd, shaking hands here and there, a few hugs, a couple of high five. When he reached the stage, the cheer was louder than ever.

"What do you think you are doing?" The Dowager Queen whispered as he made his way to his seat. He merely smiled as he sat, ignoring the King's mother. Prince Sungyeol had an amused smile plastered on his face the entire time. 

"What do you think, my prince?" Sunggyu asked Woohyun that was seated next to him.

"Amusing, Your Highness. But inappropriate."

"Spoil sport." Before he knew it, he was called to give his speech. Once again the cheers started from the crowds. He made his way to the podium with a smile, he had gave

Please log in to read the full chapter