Three: Airplanes

Topbom Oneshot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            “Someday, I’m going to be a famous rapper!” Tabi shared his dream with me.

            “And I’m going to be a singer!” I exclaimed back.

            “Oh, look at the two fatties,” our young classmates teased.

            “Stop! It’s not nice to call people that,” Tabi stepped up to defend me.

            “When we grow up, we’re going to be famous together, and I’m going to marry her. Back off or I’m going to teach you guys a lesson,” he said with determination.

            I suddenly smile at the flashback fifteen years ago, back when we lived together in the orphanage on the countryside.

            “Why are you smiling?” Tabi asks while holding my hand.

            “Just remembering the old times,” I smile cheekily and continue to stroll.

            Years and years ago, everyone called us ‘fatties of the school’. People would often tease and bully us of our unattractive looks. Because of the situation we shared, Tabi and I became good friends, and eventually, lovers. Despite of our ugly looks, we had strong and desirable dreams of our own.

            “Tabi, I can’t stand it anymore,” I cried out loud. “They keep teasing me!”

            “It doesn’t matter what they think of you. All that matter is you.”

            “B-but… aren’t you tired of getting bullied by others?” I whimpered.

            “Alright, if you demand… we’re going to lose weight now. By the end of summer, we would be skinny just like others,” he offered his pinky.

            “Promise,” I hooked my pinky with his.

            Again, I chuckle out loud at the memories of our fat selves. “Don’t tell me you’re still thinking about the past?”

            “Yeah, can’t help it. You’re too adorable,” I stand on my tiptoe to peck him on his cheek.

            “What was that for?”

            “Everything!” I wrap my arms around his waist and rest my head on his shoulder. As we walk in silence on the streets of Seoul, my mind travels back to the sweet memories we shared.

            “Tabi, I’m nervous,” I said while leaning on him.

            “The audition for YG?” he asked me while my hair. I nodded.

            “Don’t worry. We’re going to get accepted together,” he gently kissed my head.

            “Look a wishing star!” he pointed with his index finger.

            “I’m not dumb. That’s an airplane,” I pouted.

            “Pretend it’s a wishing star! A manmade one,” he smiled sweetly. “Make a wish.”

            “Tabi, you know what I wished for?” I snuggled closer to him after opening my eyes.

            “To get accepted?” he guessed blindly.

            “Nope. I’m not telling you, otherwise it won’t come true. I promise to tell you when the time comes,” I smiled and pecked his lips.

            “Bom?” I jump back into the present after hearing his voice.

            “Want to get bread?” he lightly squeezes my hand. “Sure!”

            “May we have a dozen of corn flavored cupcakes?” he walks straight to the register without hesitant.

            “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter