Fifteen: A Strange Love Story

Topbom Oneshot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            I whistled merrily to a made up tune while flipping corns on the grill. After buttering the hot cobs, I sprinkled a pinch of salt, then added my one-of-a-kind homemade sauce to finish up my own special corn recipe. I took out a small mirror from my pocket and fixed my disguise. Soon afterward, she arrived at my stall.

            “Ahjussi,” she greeted me with a gentle smile, different from her usual grin.

            “Hello Miss,” I said with a fake old man voice. “What’s with the long face?”

            “Nothing,” she answered shyly while looking down at her feet.

            “Take a seat. Let’s talk while you eat.” She followed my order and settle down comfortably on the chair next to mine.

            “My treat,” I talked as I hand her the plate. “Tell me.”

            “I saw him with his girlfriend,” she mumbled before taking a bite out of her favorite food.

            A sharp pain stabbed my heart. “Who is he?”

            She sighed deeply, “A popular boy in my school. He led her into his car. Furthermore, she was pregnant.”

            “What’s his name? How can he not notice a beautiful lady like you?”

            “Promise you won’t tell anyone?” I nodded and smiled.

            “Choi Seunghyun,” she whispered shyly. I stared at her in disbelief. She said she liked me… such a beautiful dream! I silently pinched my leg. “Ouch!” I accidently slipped out an embarrassing and girly cry.

            “Ahjuhssi, are you okay?” she asked worriedly.

            I gave her a faint smile before trailing off, “Do you like him?”

            “Y-yes,” she stuttered.

            “Why?”

            “He made me laugh a lot when I tutored him at his house. He treated me nicely even though we don’t talk to each other at school. He made me feel special when we spend time together, just the two of us.”

            “Why did you think the girl was his girlfriend? What if it’s someone else?”

            “He held onto her hands tightly. Furthermore, she called him ‘oppa’.”

            “What if that Choi guy confesses his love to you?”

            “Ahjussi, why are you asking so many questions?”

            “U-uh,” I stammered. “I just want to know out of curiosity. Nothing more. Answer me anyways.”

            “I don’t know. It seems too dreamy to be true. I mean a popular guy like him loving me? Impossible,” she scoffed at the end of her sentence.

            “Well I say it’s possible.”

            “I think he only likes p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter