Two: One More Time

Topbom Oneshot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            “Bom,” a male’s voice croaks over the phone; some quiet sniffs and cries follow afterward.

            “Tabi!?” I ask worriedly. “Are you okay? Where are you?” I panic at his voice. “Tabi!?” I ask again after a long silence, hoping he would reply back. Instead of an answer, a beep echoes through my phone, signaling the end of the call.

            “What’s wrong?” my friends ask in unison.

            “Tabi. Something’s wrong. I gotta go,” I mumble while throwing everything into my bag. “He turned off his phone,” I frown in frustration as my friends stare at me. “I’m going to look for him,” I grab my purse and run toward my car, leaving my friends clueless about the situtation. Once I got in my car, I step on the accelerator with full force and speed off to our secret hang out spot. Tabi… you never cry. What exactly is going on? my mind drifts off as I race down the road.

            Friends, a word most people don’t consider our relationship as, besides the ones that know us very well. Choi Seunghyun, my best friend on the whole planet Earth, and I, Park Bom, have known each other since birth. Other than our family and friends, every single person who has seen us thought of us as lovers. Let me clear this up, the word ‘friends’ and ‘lovers’ have a very thin yet distinct difference, which I think most people can’t tell. Like I said, most people don’t consider friends as two humans of different gender sleeping together almost every night. Yeah, that’s Seunghyun and I. What we consider ‘normal’ doesn’t seem to do the same for others. For example, people freak out to see us coming to school together or going home together. Even our close friends overreact when they see me walking around his house, wearing nothing but his big t-shirt and a pair of . I don’t see the big deal in that; even our overly protective parents find those actions okay. Well, at least I can deal with my close ones. Back at the main point, why I even bother to talk about all these stuff… it all comes down to love and lovers. Wait, before this gets anymore complicated, let me explain a fact; he has many names… Choi Seunghyun, his real name that only a few people knows… TOP, what everyone calls him… and lastly, Tabi, my personal nickname for him.

            As we both grow up, our social statuses split apart. Apparently, TOP has the highest social position in the whole school. In other people’s eyes, not only does he have the look, but also money, fame, popularity, personality, and women. Everywhere he goes, girls would go crazy, follow him, and try to come in contact him as much as possible. Regardless of whether he has a girlfriend or not, all those girls would freely and publically flirt with him. They would fight everyday just to get the honored position of ‘TOP’s girlfriend of the day’… which I find hilarious when his friends call it ‘TOP’s new toy o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter