Friday: A Day Without You

Seven Days
Please log in to read the full chapter

Today, Jaebum doesn’t feel like doing anything. It’s a school day but he doesn’t feel like going. His sister bangs on the door, saying to get his up. He groans but gets up either way. He heads to the bathroom and looks in the mirror. A small bruise colors his right eye. For someone who’s light in build and looks passive, Youngjae threw one hell of a blow. Jaebum was also taken taken off guard when the younger cussed at him.   

“ you,” keeps in replaying in his head.

“Are you done in there?” Jaebum looks away from the mirror and at the door which his sister is yet again knocking hard on.

“I’ll be out in bit, calm down!” Jaebum yells out. He continues on with his daily routine of getting ready for school. After getting changed, he grabs what he needs and heads out. He hears his sister yell at him from her bedroom window but he’s too far away to hear or care. His phone buzzes and he checks to see that he’s got a text from her.

He stops in his tracks as he reads the message, “She’s crazy, right?” He says aloud and messages back that she should buy her own feminine products if she needs them just because she’s on her monthly. Jaebum hates how open his sister is when it comes to her bodily changes, it really grosses him out and he really doesn’t need to know. Shrugging his sister’s antics aside, he continued with his walk to school. He met up with his friends at the bleachers on the soccer field. He threw his bag and slumped on the cold metal bench.  

“Yo Jaebum, what’s with the eyeshadow?” Jackson said and made his way to touch which was slapped away from Jaebum. He chuckled and sat next to his friend.

“Who’d you piss off this time?” Jinyoung asked as he eyed his friend.

“Yeah, what happened?” Mark asked, also worried.

Jaebum wasn’t sure if he wanted to mention the events that took place yesterday. He knew his friends would give him for what he did and he wasn’t up for hearing it this early in the morning.

“Some guy mistook me for someone else that slept with his girlfriend.” he knew hi friends knew he was lying; especially Jinyoung.

“Yeah sure, whatever,” Jackson replied since he and the others sensed that Jaebum wanted to drop it. They carry on their conversation, cracking jokes and what not. They head to class when the bell rings, each separating and going in different directions. Jaebum first stops by his locker. Grabbing and putting away books and materials that he may need for his classes.

“Hey Jaebum,” he turns to see Nayeon leaning against the locker next to his. They dated a few months ago and he knows she still has a thing for him but he wasn’t interested.

“Oh, hey Nayeon,” he replied back. He closed his locker and continued his walk to class. The tardy bell was going to ring soon but he didn’t care. Nayeon falls in step after him.

“Omg Jaebum. What happened to your face?” she covers with her hand in shock. She steps in front of him, blocking his path. She grabs his face to examine further.   

“Who did this to you?” she continues to ask questions, worry written all over her face. Jaebum pushes her hands away, feeling too smothered by her. He really doesn’t feel like talking to her but he doesn’t know how to tell her to leave him alone.

“Got into a fight with someone, not really important,” (and not really a lie) as he said the last part, a small sting erupted in his chest. Did the fight with Youngjae yesterday really mean nothing? Nayeon looked more shocked than before.

“Who was it? Was it someone from school?” her questions continued without haste.

“It was no one from here,” Jaebum lied, but felt the need to protect Youngjae from potential bullying. “Listen Nayeon, I’ve got to get to class, I’ll talk to you later, okay?” Without hearing Nayeon’s reply, he took off.

Jaebum arrived to class just as the bell rang. The teacher looked at him, a stern look on his face but said nothing as Jaebum made his way to his seat. Some students stared at him when they noticed his face, a few murmurs here and there but they died down as class proceeded.

Jaebum went in and out with the class, mind wandering around with useless things. His notebook that was meant for copying down notes, was filled with doodles. He tried, he really tried not to, but he started to think about Youngjae.

Yesterday’s outcome was unexpected. He regretted what he had said and would have liked to apologize but then Youngjae, (who had a surprisingly strong arm) punched him. He’s stumped about what to do. He’s not even positive if he should do something. When people were mad at him for what he’d say, he didn’t care. So why was he being caught up about what happened? Did he care about Youngjae’s feelings? If he did, he really screwed up?

Classes came and went. It was the time of day that everyone looked forward to, lunchtime. Jaebum entered the noisy cafeteria and going towards

Please log in to read the full chapter