Wednesday: Another Date plus a Crowd

Seven Days
Please log in to read the full chapter

Youngjae walks into school while yawning along the way. He woke up earlier than usual for whatever unknown reason. Maybe he’s too excited today since he’s going on another date with Jaebum. The smile that Jaebum gave him the night before made him stay up late. As he lay in bed, the image of a smiling Jaebum kept popping into his head, making him smile from ear-to-ear. He tried not to act too much like a girl about it but he couldn’t help it.

He walked down the hall with nothing but Jaebum in his head.

“Hyung!” Yugyeom exclaimed as he almost tackled Youngjae to the ground but Youngjae was able to keep his balance.

“How did it go? You forgot to call.” Yugyeom asked and not long after Bambam walked up to them.

“Hey, how’d it go?” Bambam asked as well.

“It was great; I had a lot of fun.” Youngjae replied. In return, Yugyeom gave him a big hug. They hung out in the hall before the bell rang and the three of them went their separate ways.

Throughout the first half of the day Youngjae was somewhat paying attention. He’d listen to his teachers for the first thirty minutes but the rest was spent on Jaebum. He’s like those lovesick girls even though he tries to deny it. But the time he’s spent with Jaebum, even though it had only been a day, it has made Youngjae extremely happy. He knows it will be short lived but nonetheless, spending time with Jaebum will be worth it.

After class, Youngjae heads to the cafeteria since it’s lunch time. He first heads to the table that he and his friends usually sit at and drops his stuff there. He walks to the lunch line and gets what he feels like having. By the time he gets back, Yugyeom and Bambam are already there, eating lunch that they brought from home. They both don’t like the cafeteria food so they decided to bring their won. Youngjae would do the same if he wasn’t so last to make something, besides in his opinion the food at school isn’t that bad.

At first the trio doesn’t say anything as they eat, but then Yugyeom starts to laugh a little. Youngjae and Bambam look at him like he’s crazy.

“You okay? You didn’t put anything weird in your food, right?” Bambam asked. Yugyeom shook his head but then laughs again right after that.

“Sorry guys, I was just thinking about something this kid did in English class my. It was pretty funny but cute at the same time.” Yugyeom explained after his laughing fit.

“What did they do that you’re still thinking about it?” Youngjae asked.

“They were trying to read aloud in English but they were stuttering a bit even though they know English.” Yugyeom explained further. The other two nodded that they heard and continued eating. They would have asked who it was but Yugyeom wouldn’t tell them and if they pester him too much, a hard punch in the shoulder is what you’re gonna get.

“What’s up guys?” Someone suddenly says. They look up to see Jackson plop down on a chair taken from another unoccupied table. Not long after Jaebum came up and sat next to Youngjae while Jinyoung sat next to Bambam and Mark took a seat next to Jinyoung.

“So how did your date go last night? Jaebum here won’t tell us,” Jackson said. Youngjae looked to Jaebum who gave him nothing but a blank face.

“Um…it was fun.” He replied.

“That’s it? No kissing?” Jackson continued to ask.

“Yah, Jackson, don’t ask uncomfortable questions.” Jaebum spoke up. Jackson made a face but said nothing.

“So, I heard you guys were going to the arcade after school. Mind if we tag along?” Jinyoung said after having a bit of his food.

Youngjae stared at him. He wanted to say yes but no at the same time. Yes, because he didn’t want to sound rude to Jaebum’s friends if he said no. But he wanted to say no as well since he doesn’t really have enough time with Jaebum and he wanted to spend every minute that he could with the older.

“The arcade?” Jackson asked. “I’m in; I haven’t been there in a while.” He said excitedly.

With Jackson’s enthusiasm; Youngjae didn’t want to say no. He nodded his head and Jackson cheered; happily eating the rest of his food. Youngjae turned to look at Jaebum but the other was eating his food; any thoughts about his friends coming along, he didn’t say. The rest of the lunch continued with chatter coming mostly from Jackson. Bambam and Jinyoung spoke to each other about anything. Yugyeom and Youngjae laughed at whatever jokes Jackson told while Jaebum spoke here and there. And Mark kept stealing glances at someone as he ate.

When lunch ended, Yugyeom and Bambam said their goodbyes and headed to class.

“See you later Youngjae!” Jackson said as he, along with Jinyoung and Mark walked to class. Youngjae awkwardly waved at them when Jinyoung waved at him.

“I’ll see you later after school, Youngjae,” Jaebum said as he walked away, following his friends.

“Okay, later hyung,” Youngjae replied and made his way to class.

 

 

Youngjae made his way out of his last class and was greeted with his friends. The trio made it out of the school to meet up with Jaebum and his friends. Bambam and Yugyeom had asked if it was okay for them to come along and since Jaebum’s friends were coming, Youngjae thought that it was only fair for his friends to come too. When they reached where the others were at, they were surprised that the group grew a bit.

“Hey guys!” Like always, Jackson shouted as he greeted them. “These are the rest of our friends who said that they’ve got free time, so they’re gonna come with us.”

The others introduced themselves as Hyunwoo, Jooheon, Namjoon, Taehyung, and Minhyuk. All twelve of them made their way to the arcade located a little passed the downtown area next to the movie theater.

Laughter and chattering was heard as the group walked. Youngjae had wanted to stand next to Jaebum but he was in between Hyunwoo and Jackson and he didn’t want to in. Instead he walked next to Yugyeom who was talking to Jooheon.

“Hi.” Youngjae looked to his left and saw the one named Taehyung smiling at him.

“Oh, hi,” Youngjae said back.

“Mark hyung told me that you’re dating Jaebum hyung.” Taehyung said.

“Oh…” was all Youngjae said since he didn’t know what else to say.

“No, what I mean is, is that it’s okay. I was just surprised; I also have a boyfriend too.” Taehyung explained.

“You do?” Youngjae asked.

“Yeah, his name is Hoseok,” Taehyung explained further. “He was going to come along too, but he’s got work.”

Youngjae nodded to show that he was listening. The duo spoke the rest of the way to their designated location. As soon as they arrived the group dispersed; Jackson made a dash for the racing games with Namjoon and Jooheon following behind him. Bambam, Jinyoung, Mark, and Yugyeom took off to the shooting games while Hyunwoo, Minhyuk, and Taehyung went to

Please log in to read the full chapter