Thursday: A Fallout Already?

Seven Days
Please log in to read the full chapter

Youngjae sat in his first period class listening half-heartedly to what the teacher was saying. His thoughts as of lately have been on Jaebum. After exchanging numbers yesterday when they realized that they hadn’t before, Youngjae texted Jaebum last night before he went to bed asking if he’d gone home safely. Jaebum had replied with a sharp yes. Youngjae had looked at the text with utter confusion as to what was wrong with the older.

As Youngjae contemplated the various outcomes regarding Jaebum, he continues to go to his classes while mildly paying attention. When lunch time came around, he sat at the usual table with his friends. He would look at the cafeteria entrance every now and then to see if Jaebum would arrive. Upon noticing Youngjae’s dispirited mood, Yugyeom asked what was up. Youngjae replied that everything was fine, but Bambam didn’t buy it.

“Did something happen with Jaebum hyung after we left?” he asked, as if he could read Youngjae’s mind. Youngjae’s eyes widened at Bambam’s question, his friend knew him so well. He decided not to beat around the bush and tell them straight. He recalled the scene from last night. After he was done, he let the information sink into his friends.

“This might be me thinking too much into it, but do you think he was jealous of Changkyun hyung,” Yugyeom gave his thought after a slight pause.

“Yeah, I saw his expression change after Changkyun hyung came,” Bambam added.

Youngjae looked between his friends, dumbfounded by their accusations. The thought of Jaebum being jealous didn’t cross his mind.

‘Why would Jaebum hyung be jealous? It’s not like he would actually like me or be gay for that matter.’

Before Youngjae could voice out his opinion, lunch trays were slammed onto their table.

“Sorry we’re late, Jinyoung the smarty that he is, took too long talking with the teacher,” Jackson announced the presence of the four newcomers. Youngjae’s eyes immediately went to Jaebum who sat next to him.

Jaebum did nothing but nod his head to acknowledge the other three. Discouraged yet frustrated by the greeting, Youngjae continued with his lunch. He saw no point in asking anything with others around them. Lunch ended with them splitting up to their classes.

Jaebum gave a silent bye and took off. It gave Youngjae a feeling that Jaebum wasn’t at all mad at him or whatever it was that Jaebum felt about him. When school ended, Youngjae dashed out to the front of the school, hoping to get a glimpse of Jaebum.

He found him surrounded by a group of girls. He stopped and hesitated on whether to go or not. But the questions he kept wanting to ask the older outweighed his nervousness. As he continued to walk over, the voices of the girls were starting to become more apparent to him.

They were questions about whether Jaebum had a girlfriend for the week or not and if he did then who. Youngjae felt his nerves coming back, wanting to hear yet scared at what Jaebum was going to say. Jaebum didn’t say anything at first, eyes not meeting anyone. His eyes then landed on Youngjae and his expression changed, which the younger wasn’t sure if it was a good or bad thing.
“Yeah, I’m dating someone,” Jaebum replied. Youngjae couldn’t help but feel that Jaebum was angry when he said it.

The girls expressed their disappointment with sighs, gasps, complaints, and more questions (demands) on who the girl was. To this, Jaebum shook his head and started walking away. Some girls followed while others thought it pointless to even ask.

The rest of Jaebum’s friends showed up and the rest of the girls took it as their cue to leave. They were afraid of Jinyoung because he didn’t like it when his personal space was disturbed. Youngjae quickly walked up to them, his friends following a bit after.

“Hey Jaebum, your bae is here.” Jackson cooed when he noticed Youngjae. To Youngjae’s surprise, Jaebum stopped in his tracks and looked back at him. This caused those around them to chuckle at the scene as they walked on.

“Let’s go this way.” Jaebum said and walked in the opposite direction while grabbing and taking hold of Youngjae’s hand.

Taken aback by the sudden display, Youngjae didn’t have time to say anything to his friends or get his bearings together. So Youngjae lets himself be dragged to wherever Jaebum wants to go. His thoughts don’t straighten out until he realizes that they’re in the front of the music store that they went to on their first date.

Jaebum lets go of his hand and walks into the store and aimlessly walks around. Youngjae enters but stays by the entrance and stares at the older. More questions continue to run through his head. The girl at the counter looks at him and he sheepishly walks further into the store. He walks past Jaebum and goes further down the rows upon rows of music. He looks through the CDs without really looking for anything in particular. After sometime he feels Jaebum stand next to him. The other is so close that their arms brush up against each other.

“So hyung, are you alright? Last night you seemed off and today as well,” Youngjae asked, curiosity eating away at him.

Jaebum doesn’t answer but looks at the CD in his hand. “Nothing’s up, just other stuff on my mind.” Jaebum replied after some silence. They leave the store; with Jaebum buying a few CDs and they walk around. There’s a park comes into view and

Please log in to read the full chapter