Monday: Asking Him Out

Seven Days
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Did you hear guys? Jaebum broke up with his girlfriend.” Yugyeom said as he sat with a lunch tray in hand.

“That isn’t really a surprise Yugyeom.” Bambam retorts, dipping his fries in ketchup.

“Well the only reason why I brought it up was because that’s his tenth girlfriend already!” Yugyeom exclaimed with wide eyes.

“What do you think Youngjae hyung?” Yugyeom asked Youngjae, who kept quiet while looking at the younger ones talk.

“Um…I don’t know.” Was all he said.

“Don’t you like him though?” Yugyeom bluntly asked. Youngjae blushed; it was no secret to his friends that he was gay and that he had a crush on Jaebum.

“So what if he does, what’s your point?” Bambam accused.

“My point,” Yugyeom says; glaring at his friend, “is that Youngjae hyung should try asking him out.” Both Bambam and Youngjae look at him like he’s crazy.

“W-Why should I do that?” Youngjae asked after recovering from his shock.

“Because I don’t know, you like him that’s why.” Yugyeom sarcastically replies. “Apparently he says yes to anyone who asks him, so you should definitely go for it.” He adds while munching on some fries.

“Oh yeah, because Jaebum is gay, so he’ll totally say yes. “ Bambam adds in; rolling his eyes at his idiotic friend.

Yugyeom pouts, “I was just saying, no harm in trying, right hyung?” He looks at Youngjae with hopeful eyes that say he agrees with him.

“Maybe, I don’t know…” Youngjae trails off.

Bambam smirks knowing that he’s right. Don’t get him wrong; he’s got nothing against Youngjae being gay. It’s just that he worries for his hyung, what with him being a bit timid and all.

Throughout the rest of their lunch period, they talked about whatever came to mind. Afterwards they went their separate ways. Youngjae had choir while Yugyeom and Bambam had math. Youngjae sometimes wished that he was in the same grade as them but at least they managed to have the same lunch period.

He made it to his class and took a seat near the door. He waited for the teacher to arrive while the other students talked amongst themselves. “Hey Youngjae.”

Youngjae looked up and saw another boy with the same name as his. Since there were two Youngjaes, people called them by their last names; Yoo and Choi.

“Hey Youngjae hyung,” He replied smiling, it always sounded weird calling out ‘Youngjae’ when it was his name too.

Yoo Youngjae took a seat next to him; sliding his messenger bag off. “Have you decided what song to sing for the recital yet?” He asked after he got himself comfortable on the hard chair.

“Not yet, have you?” he replied. He’d thought of numerous of songs but none of them sounded right. The annual winter choir recital is when the juniors and seniors get to sing solo unlike the freshmen and sophomores, who either do it in pairs or groups.

Last year, the both of them sang together even though Yoo Youngjae was a year older; he decided to do a duet with the younger. They were called “Youngjae squared”, which they thought was funny, so they went with it.

This year though, they’re doing it separately. Although Youngjae would like to sing together again with the older, but he knows that Yoo Youngjae is in his last year of school. And because of that he wanted the older to have his spot light.

Since Youngjae only talks to the other Youngjae, he’ll have to sing alone. Not that he minds, just that he doesn’t do so well in front of crowds. He still has stage fright ever since he was little. Like the one time in elementary on the first day of school, they had to introduce themselves and when it was Youngjae’s turn, he got so nervous that he peed his pants. The kids laughed and even called him “pee pee Youngjae” for a while. Let’s just say that was a traumatizing incident for him.

This year though; Youngjae has decided to try and get over his stage fright and he thought the recital might be his chance.

The chit-chatting of the class was interrupted by Mrs. Hammingburge, a short, slightly round women from Germany in her sixties. She’d been living in Korea for a few years now because of her husband, who’s a professor at a university. She came in singing a German folk-song that she’d been teaching them for a while.

“Good afternoon children!” She

Please log in to read the full chapter