Tuesday: First Date

Seven Days
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Youngjae.”

Said person stopped mid-sentence from talking to Yugyeom and turned around. Jaebum came walking down the halls, backpack slung lazily on his shoulder. He stopped in front of Youngjae, hands on his pockets and head down as he spoke. “Where did you want to go to hangout?” He asked sounding uninterested. Before Youngjae could reply Yugyeom interrupted, “hyung, when did you start talking to Jaebum hyung?” bewilderment was all over the younger’s face. Youngjae broke away from staring at Jaebum to his friend.

“Oh, um…I-”

“I’ll wait for you up front, okay?” Jaebum cut him off. He walked past the duo and made his way outside of the school. Youngjae looked at him as he moved further away from him, a small smile gracing his face.

“Hyung!”

He switched his attention back on his friend; who still had a face full of questions. He racked his brain with the right words to say, but he decided to just get straight to the point. “We started going out?” he spoke out, but it came out like a question. He watched Yugyeoms’ face for any reaction. The younger’s face changed a couple of times; from shock, to disbelief, to happy all at once.

“Wah, hyung you did it!” He brought Youngjae into a tight hug, even picking him up off the floor a little. Youngjae lightly hit him on the shoulder to get him to stop. People started noticing and he was not one to like attention. After being put down, he straightened himself and began to open his mouth to speak before he was interrupted again.

“Yah, what are you doing?” Bambam walked up to his friends, “I could see down the hall that Yugyeom was carrying you, why?”

“Hyung is dating Jaebum!” Yugyeom exclaimed loudly while Youngjae tried to shush him to be quiet. There were not that many people but still, he didn’t want to attract too much attention than they already did. Bambam stared at the two in confusion about what was happening.

“Did I hear correctly?” He asked.

“Yugyeom, before you say anything else, don’t, please.” Youngjae warned when Yugyeom started to open his mouth. Youngjae rarely got mad but when he did, Yugyeom learned how to and when to shut up. He closed his mouth, waiting for Youngjae to explain.

“J-Jaebum and I-I started going out.” He said, looking at Bambam for his reaction.

“What?!” Was all he said. Both Youngjae and Yugyeom jump at his booming voice. “I mean, that’s great hyung, but how?” Bambam corrected himself.

 

Youngjae swallows hard, “um…” He’s too nervous to say anything and when Jaebum is staring at him like that, he gets even more nervous.

“Is there something you want?” Jaebum asks to which Youngjae all but looks at him.

Jeabum sighs, he continues with his shoes. He gets up with his backpack slung over his shoulder and heads to the door. “If there’s nothing; I’m leaving.”

Youngjae breaks out of his daze and quickly moves to grab hold of Jaebum’s arm. “Please go out with me!” He shouts. Youngjae’s eyes widen, ‘Did I just say that?’ He thought. Youngjae looks at Jaebum staring at him.

“Um…sorry…I-I w-was, forget wh-what I said. Haha…” Embarrassment rushes through Youngjae’s body. He could feel a cold sweat coming on.

“Why?”

“Huh…”

“Why do you want to go out with me?” Jaebum asks, taking his hand off the doorknob to straighten out and look at Youngjae properly.

Asking him why he wants to go out with Jaebum was not what Youngjae would have expected to happen. Maybe an outburst of Jaebum going off on him and calling him a and also a punch in the face, but not a question asking him why.

“Um…I like you.” Youngjae says, playing with his fingers because that’s what he does when he’s nervous.

“But why do you like me?”

Youngjae isn’t sure how to answer. He plays around with the question in his head. There are a million reasons why he likes Jaebum. But since he’s so nervous that he’s actually talking to Jaebum, he bluntly says the one thing that makes him sound shallow.

“I like your face-”

“You like just my face?” Jaebum scoffs at the answer.

“No! Not just you face, but your personality.” Youngjae is quick to explain.

“You don’t even know me properly.”

“But from what I do know is that you’re sweet,” Youngjae says, “the girls who have asked you out; instead of saying no, you say yes because you’re kind to not reject them. And even though it lasts only a week, the girls say that you were nothing but sweet and charming to them.” Youngjae says so enthusiastically that when he comes to terms with what he’s said, he wonders if he’s creeped Jaebum out.

“I’m sorry if I blurted nonsense to you. Again, forget I even said anything.” Youngjae apologizes and makes his way to the door. He goes around Jaebum but before he can get his hands on the doorknob, Jaebum blocks him.

At this point Youngjae is already trembling in fear and more embarrassment. Fear because he doesn’t know if Jaebum will actually hit him or tell the whole school of what happened, and embarrassment, because he told his crush how he felt and got rejected. ‘This is the last time I let Yugyeom influence me!’ He vows, reminding himself to kill Yugyeom when he sees him.

“Okay.”

Youngjae snaps his head to look at Jaebum, “what?”

“I said okay, I’ll go out with you.” Jaebum repeats.

“W-Why?” Is all Youngjae could say.

“What, now you don’t want to?” Jaebum sighs as he runs his hand through his hair.

“N-No, I do. But what changed your mind?” Youngjae asked out of curiosity.

“In all honesty? I don’t know, but I’m not gay just so you know,” Jaebum explains, “I’ve never dated a guy, and I’m curious on how this will go.” After hearing the reason, Youngjae is ex

Please log in to read the full chapter