Spending Time

Dream High

“You’ve been daydreaming a lot Yul.”

 

Yuri came back to her senses and just grinning back at Taeyeon who seems to find the tan girl so happy today is really out of question. Not that she’s not happy about it does look weird when Yuri haven’t stop smiling since 4 hours ago. Taeyeon flashed Yuri a questionable look but the tan girl just shrugged it off and look back at their homeroom teacher still smiling. Taeyeon slowly leaned back towards Sooyoung table.

 

“Okay, she’s freaking me out. Is it just me or Yuri officially gone crazy? I knew all those trainings can eventually cut one of her brain wires.”

 

Sooyoung definitely agree with Taeyeon. Yuri really creepy right now. Who would be smiling for hours in a class where a teacher is teaching you literature? It’s boring as hell. Sooyoung bite the back of her pen while keeping her eyes at Yuri. Then she gasped.

 

“Omo!”

 

“What?” Taeyeon almost fall backwards but managed on balancing her chair. Sooyoung looked at Taeyeon eyes widen.

 

“Did anything happen between her and Jessica?”

 

“Who?” Sooyoung mentally slapped herself. She forgot that Taeyeon don’t remember people around her except Tiffany.

 

“Don’t you remember anything Tae? Yuri brought Jessica back at your dorm 4 days ago after she slapped Yuri on the cheek and fainted. Oh and also screaming at her about stealing her bra.”

 

“Ah you mean the nerd?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

Taeyeon glanced towards Yuri. Now that Sooyoung told her that, she realized that Yuri is smiling a lot after she met Jessica.

 

“Oh my god. You’re right!”

 

Sooyoung quickly hide her face when Taeyeon suddenly jumped from her seat. Everyone were startled by Taeyeon loud voice and now looking at her including Yuri. Sooyoung pulled her book anc pretend as she’s innocent. Taeyeon rubbed the back of her neck. Mr Lee eyed her.

 

“Ms Kim, do you have anything that you want to share with the whole class?”

 

“Nothing Sir.”

 

“If you don’t have anything to say please seat down and be quiet.”

 

Taeyeon bowed towards the older guy and quickly took her seat. Yuri chuckled at her friend behaviour. Mr Lee on the other hand was still not happy about Taeyeon’s interruption.

 

“Eventhough some of you are exempted from taking the test next week due to your sports event, I need to warn you that your graduation is still taking 40% out of academics result and not 100% sports. This include you too Ms Choi. I saw you talking to Ms Kim earlier. This will be my last warning.”

 

“I understand sir.” Sooyoung quickly answered not wanting the fierce teacher to be even angrier.

 

“Good. Now back to the subject.”

 

Mr Lee continued with his lecture while Taeyeon purposedly kick Sooyoung leg when she was sure Mr Lee couldn’t see her. Sooyoung hissed unhappy but shut up when Taeyeon showed her I’m-taking-you-in-if-he’s-failing-me look. Yuri eyed her two bestfriends but then smile again and focus on again on the lecture. Sooyoung quickly leaned towards Taeyeon when Mr Lee turn his back from them and whispered as low as she can.

 

“I know that look.”

 

“Yuri?”

 

“I can see that look in your face every time Tiffany’s is here.”

 

“Yuri want to touch my Fany’s ?”

 

Sooyoung rolled her eyes and slapped Taeyeon who then glaring at her.

 

“No you idiot. Why are you so ert? I meant Yuri is in love.”

 

Taeyeon pushed herself forward and cupped Yuri’s face. The latter struggle to get out of her grip but Taeyeon were holding tight and staring into her face. It’s uncomfortable.

 

“Yah, Taeng. Let me go.”

 

Yuri yank away from Taeyeon grip and distance herself from Taeng who ignored her but looked at Sooyoung.

 

“She’s in love.”

 

“Ms Choi! Ms Kim! Detention!”

 

“Oh .” Both of the girls answered simultaneously.

 

…..

 

Yuri picked up her lunch box and smile. Class just ended and now it’s lunch time. She promised Jessica that she’ll accompany her for punch and help her with her preparation for first round National Academic Competition (NAC). Sooyoung elbowed Taeyeon. Taeyeon silently groaned and rubbed where she just got hit.

 

“Yul, let’s go for lunch?” Both girls hoping to get Yuri to lunch and maybe get her to tell the reason of her being so happy. Yuri eyed Taeyeon.

 

“Aren’t you having lunch with Fany? You told me last night.”

 

“Uhh..”

 

Sooyoung sighed and interrupt the conversation.

 

“What she mean is you should join us along with Fany for lunch.”

 

“It’s not that I don’t want to have lunch with you but I have something else to do and I can’t follow you two.”

 

“Why?”

 

Yuri tried to not making it obvious to the two that she’s having lunch with other people than them but it seems they are trying digging information from her. Oh hell no.

 

“I really have to go. Bye!”

 

Yuri quickly leaing the two who could only looked at each other.

 

“Yah Kwon Yul!”

 

…..

 

“You always ate here?”

 

Jessica nodding her head and finishing her food. Yuri was already done a few minutes ago. She just enjoyed watching Jessica eating. Yuri took one of Jessica’s book and flipped it open. There were a lot of notes written at every pages.

 

“You takes a lot of notes.”

 

Jessica put away her lunch box and leaned towards Yuri so that she can see what’s Yuri is looking at. Yuri felt her heart pounding hard when Jessica came close.

 

“Ah this? I only do it in History class since I don’t exactly like to read long sentences.”

 

Yuri knew she hold her breath until Jessica moved away. She almost cursing her body refusing to work well in that moment.

 

“It helps? I mean making very short notes like this? I barely can even understand it.”

 

“It does. All I have to do is remember the main point. Once I do then I just have to write the explanation on paper.”

 

“For someone as smart as you I guess that is very easy to do.”

 

Jessica chuckled and took her book from Yuri. She put it away and lie down on the blanket next to her. She put her arms behind her head and rest on it while eyes staring into the sky.

 

“It’s call hard work Kwon. I didn’t become smart in 1 night.”

 

“Sorry. I didn’t mean to upset you.”

 

“No it’s okay. I heard it from other people before. So I’m used to it.”

 

Yuri felt guilty. No one likes when their hard work was put down just like that. She didn’t like it too. Yeah being gifted is something but if you’re not hardworking enough you won’t get to go as far as you can. Jessica glanced at Yuri and saw the girl frowning. She smile at her and extend her hand landing it on Yuri’s hand.

 

“Hey, I told you don’t think too much.”

 

“I’m really sorry Sica.”

 

“You know when I said you were weird I meant it.”

 

Yuri raised an eyebrow at her.

 

“No one call me by that name. Not even my family. Then I got to know you and you’re the only one that call me with Sica instead of Jess.”

 

Yuri lips forming a huge grin on her face.

 

“I wanted to be different. I did it didn’t I?”

 

Jessica let go of Yuri’s hand and chuckled.

 

“You’re so funny. How come we didn’t be friends back in Junior high?”

 

Jessica wanted to know what will be Yuri’s answer. She have her own answer for that but it will be her own secret. Yuri placed her arm behind supporting her body while she leaned back.

 

“I don’t know. I guess I was so into swimming that I forgot socializing. How about you?”

 

“Me?”

 

Jessica pretends to be in deep thought but then she stuck her tongue out at Yuri.

 

“It’s a secret.”

 

“Seriously? You never play fair huh?”

 

“We have rules now?”

 

Yuri narrowing her eyes on Jessica.

 

“You know you still owe me another kiss since you stole my kiss back at the basketball court.”

 

Jessica can’t help it and fall into a giggles. Yuri haven’t forgetting it?

 

“I did it because I want to badly win. I hate losing and I knew you’re good at basketball so I have to do something.”

 

“I’m holding you onto that one kiss. One day, I’ll asked for it.”

 

“Whatever Yuri.”

 

Both of them fall into a comfortable silence. Yuri closed her eyes while enjoying the gentle breeze of win sweeping her face gently. Jessica stared at Yuri. A small smile crept her on her face.

 

“Want to play a game?”

 

“I have a feeling that you’re going to play truth or dare. I don’t want to play.”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes.

 

“Does everyone play that one game only? It’s boring.”

 

Yuri glanced at Jessica when the girl suddenly pushed herself up and sat down hugging her knees in front of Yuri. Thank god she wore shorts today and not a skirt.

 

“What kind of game can we play right now other than that you called boring games?”

 

Jessica gave a look at Yuri and then grabbed a piece of paper. She started drawing something on it while Yuri watching in anticipation. Ever since their crazy basketball game before, she wanted to play more games with Jessica. Jessica finally finish and push the paper towards Yuri. Yuri looked at it but don’t really understand.

 

“A lamp?”

 

“The game is easy. We both have to cancel out each other drawing. If I draw lamp then you have to draw something that cancel out lamp.”

 

Yuri hesitate for a while since she still didn’t get it but she trust her instinct and draw a switch. Jessica beamed.

 

“See? Now you get it?”

 

“Ah. Okay let start!”

 

Jessica turned the page and used the clean one. She draw a tree and passed it to Yuri. Yuri thought for a while and draw a saw. She grinned but then remembered something.

 

“Since you like to cheat Sica, we should set rules for this.”

 

Jessica purposedly pout. Yuri shook her head.

 

“Instead of setting rules, how about we create prize? The winner can ask anything from the loser.”

 

Yuri took notes on all the advantages of Jessica’s proposal before agreeing to it. Finally she came to a conclusion.

 

“Okay, deal!”

 

Jessica shook her head as Yuri seems to be happy with the prizes rules. Jessica draw fire. Yuri looked at it and started arguing.

 

“Fire can’t burn a saw.”

 

“Yes it can burn metal at 659 Celsius.”

 

“Not fair. I don’t even know if that’s true or not.”

 

“Keep studying Yul. You’ll get to it soon.”

 

Yuri tapped her chin using the pen and draw a bucket of water.

 

“Booyah! Take that!”

 

Jessica eyed Yuri. Yuri saw Jessica’s lips curving into a smile that she remembered when Jessica beat her at basketball.

 

“Oh . I messed up didn’t I?”

 

Jessica draw a patch of land and a polar bear on it. Yuri frowned.

 

“It’s Antarctic. Your water is frozen.”

 

“You can’t bring Antarctic into South Korea! It’s not even winter Sica!”

 

“Who said so?”

 

“Because it’s summer now and your Antarctic will be melted away.”

 

Jessica can’t help but giggling at Yuri’s childish explanation.

 

“You would admit defeat if I can bring Antarctic here?”

 

Yuri pondered on saying yes. She knew Jessica have something under her sleeve and she would lose this game. But if she’s back away then she will lose her only chance to humiliate this school genius at her own game.

 

“Bring it.”

 

“You ask for it Kwon.”

 

Jessica grabbed her lunch box that she had put away and placed it in front of Yuri. The lid of her lunchbox written Antarctic with a polar bear holding a carrot. Yuri eyes widen.

 

“Yah! You cheated again!”

 

“You said if I can bring Antarctic here. Tada.”

 

Jessica sarcastically emphasize on tada mocking Yuri. Yuri frustrated over it. She can’t believe it. Jessica tricked her again. Jessica flash her evil smile at Yuri.

 

“I win. So now for my prize.”

 

Yuri let out a defeated sighed and succumbed in defeat.

 

“Named your prize but I’m not going to go for you. Don’t even try.” Yuri was dead serious on her warning. Jessica chuckled.

 

“I’ll save that for our next game maybe.”

 

“Seriously, name my punishment.”

 

Jessica propped her chin using with her elbow. She have to admit, there’s something between them that made her very comfortable being around Yuri. 4 days and look where they are now.

 

“Come here.”

 

Yuri looked a bit confused but nevertheless, she get near Jessica. Jessica grabbed her shirt collar and pulled her even nearer. It was so near that Yuri felt like she’s hovering above Jessica. She gulped. This is not good. After the kiss at the basketball court, Yuri body seems to be heating up everytime she’s so near to Jessica. Jessica leaned closer and she can feel her breath on her face.

 

“You need to let some stress out Kwon Yuri.”

 

“S-Stress?”

 

“It’s not good for you.”

 

Yuri’s eyes travel down from Jessica’s eyes towards her lips. Oh the memory of tasting her lips came back.  

 

“Then what’s good for me?”

 

“You’ll know if you close the distance between us.”

 

Close the distance? Oh she would but then why is her heart eating so fast? Jessica entangled her hands around Yuri’s collar and slide it down her front before stopping at her heart. She smirks.

 

“It’s fast. You might want to do something with it Yuri.”

 

Yuri didn’t dare to even breathe right now. She gave herself a mental encouragement and closing in. The school bell rings signalling the end of recess and Jessica pushed Yuri away before Yuri can even landed her lips on hers.

 

“Time’s up.”

 

Jessica took her stuffs and stood up leaving Yuri rather froze in spot not believing her luck. Jessica giggled and pat Yuri on the head.

 

“See you later, swimming genius.”

 

A/N: This is the lightest fiction I ever write I think.