The Other Bet

Dream High

“Welcome back to the National Open Swimming Competition! I’m Sohu and we’re here accompanied by my co commentator, Kim Shinyoung! Welcome noona!”

 

Sohu excitingly greeting Shinyoung who obviously happy to be welcome in the studio.

 

“Noona, how are you?”

 

“I’m doing okay. Retiring and happy with life.”

 

Sohu mouth form an O shape as he furiously nodding his head.

 

“That’s good to know. But seriously I’m happy to have you in the studio as we’ll be doing a preview before the final heat start in just a few minutes more.”

 

Shinyoung who dressed in a more formal attire can’t help but agree that a preview is needed especially when they are talking about the competitors.

 

“The Semi-finals were crazy. All swimmers were neck to neck. I think I had goosebumps watching the new generation of swimmers that our nation is trying to create.”

 

“True to that. It was intense but there was still an obvious favourite for the win; Kwon Yuri. Is she the answer to our hope in gold medal in Rio?”

 

Shinyoung rubbed her arm as she picturing how it felt just remembering the pressure that was put on a young teenage girl like Yuri.

 

“If you see her recent timing, she’s at 2.05 in her last Seoul Open. Of course she’s on the course to at least be on podium regardless what medal colours. 200m butterfly is her favourite event and I think she’s going to do well. But people need to give her some space. Too much pressure is not good for her or her body. She might push herself and get injured.”

 

Suho raised an eyebrow as he folding his arms totally engulf into this discussion.

 

“Does this pressure get to you back in your days noona?”

 

Shinyoung smile and shook her head.

 

“The way athletes are train now is a whole lot different from the way we used to. Expectations and pressure are normal and through that we let tough athletes mental and physical to soar. It motivates them to do better by pushing their limits. They can handle it way better than we did in my days but there are always injury problem arise. I see Yuri is doing so well in recent events but we need to keep her health in check. Her true potential will be evaluate in Kazan. She needs to be super healthy before that event.”

 

“This is the reason why I like having you around noona. A really in depth explanations. As expected from a former professional swimmer.”

 

“Just doing my job.”

 

Shinyoung always like make an appearances and share her opinions on sports event especially involving swimming. Suho saw his Programme Director giving him a thumb ups. He glanced towards the main camera and smile.

 

“I just received a confirmation from the director. We’re going live in Munhak Aquatics Centre bringing you the women’s event, 200m butterfly! Let’s go!”

 

…..

 

All athletes have their own pre-game routine. For Yuri, she tends on doing yoga just for body relaxing. No complicated moves, a simple stretch and mind relaxing are good enough. When she closed her eyes, she let her body relax and mind at ease as she imagine water surrounding her. It was no secret to her that her body interact well with water. She gain confidence as the familiarity of water around her. Her body and the water becomes one; a reason how Kwon Yuri, the swimming genius was born. Her body react well in the water. She exhale slowly letting her lungs prepared for today final heat.

 

“You have 1 boring pre-game routine Yul.”

 

Yuri lips tugging into a wide grinning as she fluttering her eyes open and saw Jessica standing by the frame door. Just like she promise yesterday that she will come and watch her competition today.

 

“This boring pre-game routine is going to help me cut another second and claim my prize.”

 

Jessica smirking as she made way towards Yuri and straddling on Yuri’s lap with both her legs dangling from left side and arm wrapping around Yuri’s neck. Her girlfriend is being playful and Yuri is well inform about it. She’s prepared over Jessica mischievous behaviour.

 

“Let’s change your boring ritual into something…fun?”

 

Jessica bite her bottom lips as she uttered the words in her alluring y voice tempting Yuri even more. Yuri knew she was being playful but how come each time she can’t get away from falling into it? Yuri nervously gulping her own saliva as Jessica leaning forward and run her nose down Yuri’s jawline to the dip of her neck inhaling the sweats scent coming from the tan girl. Yuri is close to let the beast out of the cage and just get Jessica under her right now and devour her being like she usually does but she held it in. She quickly entangled Jessica arms around her neck and swiftly turn her girlfriend around changing their position as she back hugging her and let her face settling on the dip of Jessica’s neck while her arms secured around Jessica waist as the latter yelped of the sudden change.

 

“Don’t do it Sica. I need to stay focus for this game.”

 

Jessica reach behind holding onto Yuri’s head as she felt Yuri heavy breathing on her neck making it hard for her too. If it wasn’t for the bet, Jessica would have read Yuri’s mind and just let the tan girl ing her senseless.

 

“Why are we torturing ourselves like this when we can just succumb to it?”

 

Yuri place a few light kisses as she stay around the soft spot on her neck.

 

“You’re the one that want to play.” Yuri murmured as she lightly take in a little bit of Jessica’s delicate skin into tasting the pale skin she’s craving for a while. Jessica want to moan out load when Yuri did that but her eyes caught onto the wall clock. This definitely need to stop or Yuri might not even show up in her own event. She felt as Yuri tightening her arms around her waist bringing their body closer. Jessica let her hands down on Yuri’s arms as she pulling it away from her body releasing her from Yuri’s tight hold. Yuri chest heave up and down in a fast manner as she frown upon Jessica successful escape from her. Jessica stood a few steps away from Yuri as she folded her hands and eyes on the tan girl. Yuri had this teasing smile plastered on her face as she saw Jessica flustered look.

 

“Don’t tell me that I actually won our teasing game today?”

 

Jessica remain expressionless as she pointed downwards between Yuri’s legs. The tan girl look down totally confused until she felt it. Jessica giggled as Yuri frantically grab her clean towel and place it on top of her both thighs. She looked up and saw Jessica already standing in front of her. The shorter girl forefinger under her chin guiding her face upwards looking straight into Jessica’s eyes.

 

“I’m not the one is wet right now Kwon. I won. Again.”

 

Yuri felt like hiding in a hole as she just embrassing herself in front of Jessica. Jessica kissed Yuri on the lips and pulling away as she watch Yuri face turn red. She look like a big round tomato right now. It’s cute.

 

“Sica… This is not fair.”

 

“Deal with it Kwon.”

 

Jessica turn around and walk away as she purposely swaying her hips in front of the already bothered Yuri. She suddenly stop on her trance as she glanced towards Yuri who is still looking so red.

 

“Yuri?”

 

Yuri look up. Jessica flash her most genuine smile.

 

“Good luck. I’ll be rooting for you all the way.”

 

It was just a simple encourage words but Jessica sincerity poking deep into Yuri’s heart and out of nowhere, she felt like she’s the most invincible competitor. She felt re-energize and pump up. The Jessica effect is what she needed to boost up her confidence. But that wasn’t all Jessica can say as she continue.

 

“Remember, win our bet and I am all yours anyway you wanted.”

 

If this is some animated cartoon, Yuri for sure knew her blood would be bursting out of her nose right now. Jessica is hers and all hers to take. Sweet.

 

…..

 

Tiffany saw Jessica coming from the far exit to their left and now walking towards them. She smile as she nudge Taeyeon on the stomach earning a small groaning from the white pale skin owner. Taeyeon rubbing her tummy.

 

“Fany, it hurts.” Taeyeon whining near Tiffany left ear only to earn a slap on her arm. She hissed acknowledging Tiffany hidden strength.

 

“I didn’t poke you hard okay? Stop whining.”

 

Taeyeon puckered her lips while Tiffany already turning around facing her.

 

“You should have join the sumo team.” Taeyeon was sure she said it under her breath but the look on Tiffany’s face suggest it differently. Did she just spoke that out loud? Tiffany quickly pinch Taeyeon both cheeks.

 

“Ow Ow! Fany!”

 

“Did you just put sumo and I in one sentence Kim Taeyeon?”

 

Tiffany get very loud everytime she’s angry and now it does. Taeyeon just face her punishment and let Tiffany getting her revenge by abusing her cheek. Tiffany give one hard pull before finally satisfied and let Taeyeon’s innocent cheeks go. Taeyeon rubbing her both cheeks with her palms. She look like a kid and it became her weapon to soften up Tiffany because the latter rage diminish in a second before she cupping Taeyeon’s face and caressing her cheeks with her thumbs. Taeyeon added her cute action by puckering her pouty lips and flash her puppy eyes.

 

“Owww, there there my little pumpkin. Is it still hurt Tae?”

 

Taeyeon shook her head as she let Tiffany pampering her with a few kisses on her lips. Jessica whom finally getting to her two friends make a disgusted expression as she watch the two lovers getting all cute and bubbly.

 

“Can you two stop touching each other for a while? Everyone is going to watch you know.”

 

Tiffany stick her tongue out at Jessica who took her seat next to Taeyeon. Jessica just shaking her head in disbelieve and focus back on the event happening in front of them. The final heat is starting anytime soon. Tiffany let go of Taeyeon’s cheek and force Taeyeon to change seat with her so that she can sit next to Jessica instead and being a whip Taeyeon, she did as her girlfriend wanted. Jessica didn’t notice the seat exchange but let her eyes wandering around. Tiffany saw through the restless behaviour of Jessica wandering what’s actually going on?

 

“I know you and I have been your friends since diapers. You look restless. What’s wrong?”

 

Taeyeon who obviously getting bored not having Sooyoung around who happen to have an extra basketball training leans forward wanting to get involve with the two conversation. Jessica didn’t answer as she’s still looking around.

 

“It’s weird.”

 

“What’s weird?” Tiffany can’t help but ask. Jessica glanced towards Tiffany and Taeyeon.

 

“I don’t see Yuri’s parents. I thought they go to all her competitions?”

 

“Well come to think of it, you’re right. Plus Yuri told me that her parents hadn’t even asking her where she went when she came home late than usual.” Taeyeon answered as she remembering the conversation she had with Yuri the other day. All the dates she had with Jessica after school time and her parents not asking a single question about it. It was so unusual. Jessica bite her tongue as she felt something is not right. Taeyeon explanations didn’t help much either but she’s sure Yuri’s parent absent have something to do with both of them. But what is it? It’s hard trying to figure out what will be their next move. She needed every she can get to guess it.

 

“Maybe they just have things to do today. You didn’t ask Yuri earlier?”

 

Tiffany is right though. Why didn’t she asked earlier? She was too occupied admiring Yuri’s firm body and being flirtatious rather than thinking why her parents aren’t here. Focus Jessica Jung.

 

“Maybe. Hey Fany?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

Should she tell Tiffany about what Yeri told her? Maybe Tiffany can help her out. Two brains are better than one.

 

“You know last week…”

 

Her words were cut off by loud announcement of athletes competing introduction. It seems the final heat about to begin and Jessica wouldn’t want to miss it at all. Jessica shook her head towards Tiffany.

 

“It’s nothing.” Jessica turn completely around as she keep her eyes on the centre pool where Yuri came out with the rest of swimmers marching into the indoor pool. She saw Yuri looking up at her and she somehow excitingly waving back like a kid she is. Well not always a kid. The shared a brief staring before Yuri walk to her starting podium preparing herself. She’s in line 1.

 

“This is the 200m butterfly women event final!”

 

Cheers erupted inside the vast swimming indoor hall echoing as every swimmers supporters gave their hardest and loudest cheering for their respected athletes. If felt like Olympics already but in a smaller scale. The announcer started the swimmer introduction announcement as he’s calling names for each athlete competing. The Nationals open is the last stage for national swimmers to prove their worth before competing in a higher scale competition. For Yuri it will be in Kazan after this.

 

“On line 9; back to back champion and still favourites, Kwon Yuri!”

 

Yuri put her right hand up so that new swimming fans can see which one is Kwon Yuri. Of all cheering, this was the loudest that it sparks envy inside of Jessica as she saw probably half of the fans are girls screaming for her girlfriend.

 

“Darn it Kwon Yuri.” Jessica muttered as she sent daggers of dangerous glare towards Yuri who had no idea what Jessica is doing. It was a childish attack from Jessica. Yuri ignored all the noises around her as she put on her swimming cap and googles. She stretched her body backwards and sideways so to relax her muscle. That earn more cheering from the audience.

 

“What the.. Did they came to watch Yuri swimming or stretching?”

 

Taeyeon laughed at Jessica childish antics.

 

“Chill Sica. I think Yuri gain more fans after her powerful performance in Seoul open. Thanks to you to be honest.”

 

Taeyeon has a point and she hates it. She did it for Yuri and now all this fans are here because of it? Oh Yuri.

 

“I might regret it by now.”

 

All swimmers get into their position as the white light flashing on screen. Yuri relax her breathing and step up her podium getting ready. The indoor pool became silence as audience pay attention for the start of the final heat. A swimmer to her right call her attention.

 

“You look confident Kwon. Don’t overdo it. I might be able to snatch the win away from you.”

 

Yuri smirks as she bend down grabbing the front of the small podium. Her eyes on the LED flashlight hanging by the roof truss.

 

White.

 

“Sorry to disappoint you Yoounjung. I’m taking the win.”

 

Red.

 

Yuri force her body to create a mass of momentum charging forward as far as she can before diving into the pool. The game had begun and Yuri will do anything it takes for her to win this. For her sake and Jessica’s.

 

 

 

 

I'm trying to write more happy moments and not just drama. It will ruin readers mood if I constantly adding drama plots. A few is okay right? hehe.