Final Chapter - Kazan.

Dream High

You might be throwing some bricks at me at the end of the chapter. But please read my last word after the end of the chapter.

 

 

Yuri look distracted and it didn’t go unnoticed by Jessica. Kazan is only a week away. Yuri need to stay focus. Whatever is distracting her must be stop. Like today, Yuri almost miss her turn around resulting her losing a second on the first lap. She’s taking too many breath at every dive. It’s slowing her down. Even Coach Lim look rather confused with Yuri’s condition. Something is not right with the tan girl. Jessica bite her lips as Yuri missing her rhythm again on the final lap.

 

“What’s going on?”

 

Jessica keep looking out for her as Yuri finishing her rounds with Coach Lim recording her timing.

 

“2.08!”

 

Yuri punched the water as she just adding in on time. Coach Lim knelt beside the ledge with his left hand holding onto the podium starter.

 

“Hey, calm down. You don’t look like you’re supposed to be training today. Go out and get your mind clear. You’re not being yourself and whatever is running in your head, it’s distracting you. We’ll have another go tomorrow before your flight the day after. Okay?”

 

Coach Lim pat Yuri on the head as he stood up and glanced towards Jessica as if telling her that she should do something about this. Yuri is not telling him anything. He was hoping she would tell Jessica. Jessica slightly nodding as Coach Lim walk away leaving the two alone. Yuri hiss as she punch the water once again splashing it everywhere. Jessica walked towards Yuri and sat down on the starting podium as she keep her eyes on Yuri.

 

“Yul.”

 

“Not now Sica.”

 

Jessica sigh as Yuri just dismiss her away. Yuri pull her swimming cap and toss it next to Jessica. She then threw her googles away as she dived back into the water and stay under it. It was her only method to stay calm; being surrounded by water. To be honest, she was still angry at her parents for the thing they have said a week ago. How could they? Is her happiness is not important as the gold medal? Why can’t she be happy? She just want to be happy and she’s willing to work it out. She’s planning on making her parents happy and she wants Jessica to be happy too.

 

“Yuri, I’m going to hate myself for blackmailing you by saying this but I have to. Please get out of the water if you love me.”

 

Yuri heard every words but being her stubborn self, she stay put so that Jessica will understand she’s not going up anytime soon. Jessica huffed but keep her calm intact. Yuri can be childish at times and it is her duty to understand it. Just like how Yuri always understands her.

 

“Fine. You’re not coming up? I’ll dive in and let myself drown so that if I’m dead then I can haunt you every night for revenge.”

 

Yuri hastily diving up as she hold onto the ledge of the floor. She pulled herself up in a quick fashion hoping she’s fast enough before Jessica do some stupid things and ended up in a pool pretending to be drowning.

 

“Okay! I’m here.” Yuri wipe her face from excessive water as Jessica giggling happy to know that no matter what, Yuri still put her as priority.

 

“You look a little stress Yul. You know you can share anything with me right?”

 

“I know.”

 

“And?”

 

Jessica didn’t want to force her but it will be nice if Yuri would open up. But she can’t really hoping for it since she’s keeping secrets to herself. Yuri contemplating on whether she should be telling Jessica about what really happened between her and her father but as soon as her eyes staring into Jessica’s brown eyes, the thought of telling her diminish in an instant. This is her problem. She should be carrying this burden alone. Until the right time comes, this is the right decision.

 

“And, I love you so much.”

 

Yuri chuckling hard as Jessica narrowing her eyes as she’s lightly tapping her feet on the floor and hands on her waist. Yuri playfully pinched both Jessica’s cheek as Jessica slapping her hands away.

 

“I’m serious!”

 

Yuri teasing smile grew wider as Jessica manged to release herself as she locked Yuri’s head under her arms securing Yuri from moving. Well, Yuri can easily get out of this situation but she let Jessica win so that she can divert her girlfriend’s attention away from her problems.

 

“Okay. You win.”

 

Yuri calmly stated as she wrapped her right arm around Jessica’s waist.

 

“I don’t believe you.”

 

“What should I do so that you will believe me?”

 

“By telling me what’s going on with you would be a good start.”

 

There she goes again. Yuri used her strength since she’s slightly stronger as she pulled away from Jessica grasp and smiling widely as Jessica is practically glaring at her.

 

“Sica, let’s have a date?” Well anything to divert Jessica’s attention away.

 

“Why are you keep on avoiding this?”

 

“I’m not baby. I just want a date. A date will definitely help me stay focus.”

 

Jessica studied Yuri’s face and she knew that look. Yuri is not going to tell her anything. She will eventually but definitely not now. She can’t force her while at the same time Yuri is not forcing her either. Jessica soften up as she grab a hold of Yuri’s towel and toss it to the tan girl.

 

“Go and get shower. We’ll have that date that you wanted.”

 

Yuri eyes beaming in happiness as she punch through the air celebrating her win in persuading the blonde girl. Jessica just smile as Yuri took her bag and ran towards the locker room.

 

“Wait there okay?! I’ll be out in 5 minutes! Love you!”

 

“You’re so childish Kwon Yuri.” Jessica whispered as Yuri disappear into the locker room. When Yuri was gone, Jessica heaved a heavy breath. One more week and that’s all the time she have. She knew what she’s getting herself into but as Yuri is put on line, she can’t back away. Do it or go home. A decision that she might regret agreed to.

 

“Yul, we’re both going to win this.”

 

…..

 

“Say ahhh..” Yuri imitate the look of a happy child with mouth wide open and hand holding onto a spoon fill with a slice of chocolate cake as she ushered Jessica to eat it. Yuri is so persistent on feeding her like a child and although it is kind of embarrassing, she have to admit that she enjoys this rare situation. Jessica take the cake into and munch on it happily while Yuri scoop another for herself.

 

“Taeyeon was right. The cake here taste so delicious!”

 

“I was wandering where you knew about this café. Thought so.”

 

“Did you just questioning my taste baby?”

 

Jessica laughed as her palm automatically covering so that she won’t be attracting the public attentions. Yuri puffed her cheek as she ate another spoon of cake. Jessica leaned forward as she lightly pinching Yuri’s right cheek.

 

“Sulking Kwon Yuri is so cute.”

 

Yuri jutted her bottom lips out and rubbed her right cheek. She quickly grabbing on the plate of cake away from Jessica with a smirks plastered on her face and eyebrows wiggling.

 

“I’m so not sharing this with you, smart .”

 

“I’ll order another one, genius.”

 

Jessica almost burst out loud when Yuri look totally defeated and put down the plate. She poke the cake with her fork.

 

“But but, I want to eat this with you..” Yuri puckered her lips as she innocently mumbling her words but loud enough for Jessica to hear. Oh my god. Jessica fan herself as her girlfriend is so adorable that she would have lunged upon and kissing her hard on the lips.

 

“Ughh, stop doing those cute faces Yul.” Jessica retort as she try keeping her calm. Yuri grin as she showing more cute expression just to annoy the other girl. Jessica take the fork away from Yuri’s hand as she scoop a large portion of the cake and shoved it down Yuri’s throat almost choking the poor tan girl. Yuri was too dense to realize what Jessica did until the cake was shoved down . Jessica smiling in an evil way as she continue eating the cake while Yuri trying so hard to munch on the cake and making sure it goes down without choking her up. With one big gulp, Yuri finally finish the large portion of cake forcing it down .

 

“Yah! You want to kill me baby?”

 

Jessica seductively her fork clean just to tease Yuri.

 

“Why would I kill the girl who is my source of happiness?”

 

Yuri blushed as she shyly rubbing the back of her neck.

 

“I..I’m your s-source of happiness?”

 

“All the time.”

 

…..

 

“Have I ever told you how beautiful you are? Everything about you are so beautiful.” Yuri said as she gently ran her palm along Jessica’s neck then towards her collarbone. The feeling of Jessica’s skin under her touch always igniting her desire for her. Yuri changed her palm direction downward towards Jessica’s chest as the other girl leaned further backward into her arms where her back graze upon Yuri’s chest. Everything right now felt so perfect. Jessica face colour changed into a pink shades as she entangled her fingers through Yuri’s black hair. She moans as Yuri started trailing kisses down her neck from behind with her thumb grazing on her chest tip.

 

“Will I a-always look beautiful for your eyes, Y-Yul?”

 

Yuri smiling into the kiss as she’s now nibbling onto her girlfriend’s earlobe earning a soft moans from Jessica.

 

“Always. Even after a hundred years have pass, you will always look beautiful to me and I will always love you.”

 

The feelings in her heart burst as Yuri confessing with all her sincerity layered along the beautiful words. To think that this could be their last night together, Jessica felt tears pooling in her eyes. The room that is so familiar to her since she was a kid look a little blurry by now. If only Yuri knew what’s going on in her mind. If only Yuri knew the pain and struggling she had to endure just to have Yuri by her side. Tonight might be the last time she’s feeling the warmth of the tan girl’s body. One that she will miss even afters years have pass. Jessica blink her tears away as she felt Yuri flipping her around and laid her down on her bed as she hovered on top of her. Thanks to the dim light, the redness of her eyes were barely seen. Yuri look down on partner body as she’s smiling.

 

“All of this is mine.”

 

Jessica closed her eyes as Yuri gently kissing her chest and begin on her tip. Her other free hand keep on massaging the other . Yuri is so good at this that the moment her tongue touch her tip, she swore it was already erecting hard making her squirming a little. Jessica didn’t want to miss anything as she runs her hands along Yuri’s back feeling the sculpture of perfection in the form of her girlfriend’s body. Yuri backside is one to admire.

 

Yuri pushed herself up once again as she claims Jessica’s lips kissing her hard. More passionate than usual ad it breaks Jessica’s heart knowing the impact of her decision if she fails. How can she live knowing she’s the reason to Yuri’s broken heart? No. She won’t let that happen. They will strive through the ordinal. She trust their bond. From to her neck then down to her chest again, every kisses felt like the final kiss; passionate with a hint of farewell. Why is Yuri feeling all of these? Is she missing something? Jessica shrugged it off with a loud moan when Yuri finger grazing and gently pushed inside and with a swift motion moving ever so gently inside of her. Jessica both hands grasping hard on the pillow and pulling it towards her face hoping to silence her loud moans. Yuri let engulfed the whole of her as her thumb working on her sensitive spot down between the legs as she’s moving in and out. Jessica felt the fire rising in her as her breath hitched. Yuri started moving even faster all the way in and rubbing hard.

 

“Y-Yul..”

 

“It’s getting hard to move Sica.” Jessica felt the fire getting stronger inside of her and when she comes, she could only see white lights and probably some rainbows as her body arch forward and eyes shut tight. It was so powerful that she shuddered and gasping so hard as Yuri hold onto her watching her reaction to their lovemaking. When the fire died down, Jessica body lumped back into the bed with Yuri still gazing upon her. Yuri smile and kissed her lips.

 

“One more round baby?”

 

Jessica had no idea if she said yes or no to that but the last thing she remembered was Yuri face so close to her and she was drain out of her strength and energy to continue anymore as succumbed into her deepest desire at that time; sleep. Yuri on the other hand were tired as well but decided not to fall asleep before her girlfriend. Yuri tuck Jessica’s strand of hair behind her ear as she let her eyes wandering upon the face that gave her happiness in just a short of time. Jessica is her healing medicine. One that she’s afraid of losing.

 

“Sica, no matter what happen, please try harder for us. I love you.”

 

…..

 

“Call me okay?”

 

“Why? You’re missing me already smart ?”

 

Jessica didn’t answers as she push Yuri slightly away. Her eyes caught onto the LED board indicating that the gate for Yuri’s flight is finally open. There were a lot of their National swimmers boarding this plane for Kazan World Championship Competition. No the Kwon’s though since Yuri told her that her parents had already flew to Kazan.

 

“You’re gate is open. You should go.”

 

Yuri saw the rest had started gathering their stuffs and heading towards the right gate. Yuri didn’t want to leave Jessica here and even wanted to pay for her flight ticket but Jessica have school and that is important for her. Yuri pull Jessica for a hug. Jessica closed her eyes and hugging tight as she was afraid of losing Yuri. Yuri felt it but deciding not to ponder long around it. Jessica will be missing her and that’s good to know. They finally pull away as Yuri gathering her bags. Taeyeon and Tiffany who stood behind the couple all the time sense the sadness going on but decided to ignore it. Taeyeon hugging Yuri and pat her back.

 

“Hey, win this for her okay? I’ll scream my lungs out in front of the TV for you.”

 

Yuri giggles.

 

“Bring out the flag too. It’ll feels like you’re in Kazan.”

 

The two bestfriends pull away as it was Tiffany to hug Yuri.

 

“Do your best Yul.”

 

“I know. Hey, I’ll be needing your help to take care of Jessica while I’m gone.” Yuri whispered just loud enough for Tiffany hearing range. She felt Tiffany nodding her heads and smile as she pull away for the third time. Tiffany ruffling Yuri’s hair.

 

“Make her proud okay?”

 

Yuri nodding as she picking up her bag and walked towards where the rest of the swimmers heading to. But before she could entering the gate, Jessica suddenly behind her hugging her waist tight and face on her back.

 

“I heard what you said the other night. I love you too.”

 

Yuri smile without even realizing the single tear running down Jessica’s cheek. If only she did then she would have known something is seriously not right.

 

…..

 

Taeyeon, Tiffany, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon are all gathering in Taeyeon’s dorm watching the live show of Yuri’s swimming competition. Jessica is also there hugging her knees and eyes on the screen. Anything can goes wrong right at this moment and Yuri has no idea what. She can only prays. For the sake of both of them.

 

“We’re alive from the indoor swimming pool for the final heat of 200m butterfly women’s event!” The announcer finally announce after the end of men’s final event. All the athlete’s came marching in with their bag in hand looking so focus. When it was Yuri’s turn, the commentator gets excited.

 

“Here she comes! Our own Kwon Yuri! Oh this is so epic! Shinyoung, can Yuri win today’s event and prove to the world that she’s South Korea gold medal prospect in Rio?”

 

“Of course. She did so well in the previous event. I think she’ll be the surprise package that we are all desperate to see today.”

 

Jessica felt her hands sweating. Of course Yuri can win this. She have to. Everything comes down to this. Tiffany nudged Jessica from the side.

 

“Hey, she’s going to win this.”

 

Jessica want to assure herself the same thing. Yuri will win this.

 

“Of course she will. For us.”

 

…..

 

Yuri get her gear ready as the official announcer announcing all the swimmers name for the final heat. She take a deep breath and slowly exhale just to calm down her nerves. She swings her arms in a round circle to loosen up her muscle. She pats her legs to get her body ready for the final swim.

 

“On line 5, from South Korea, Kwon Yuri!” Yuri waved her right hand towards the audience as some were cheering for her probably amaze with her age. She’s the youngest competitor today. But her eyes caught onto a couple that creating all this mess in her head. She was staring right into her father’s eyes as he did the same.

 

“All swimmers, get into your position!” The announcement brings her back to her current situation as cheers erupting around the indoor pool ecstatic for the final event to start. Yuri climbed the starter podium as she gets ready. Her eyes sets on the LED board in front of her.

 

Red.

 

‘I’ll prove to you dad.’

 

Red.

 

‘You can’t keep on controlling me.’

 

White.

 

The event started as all swimmers dived into the pool with Yuri jumping the longest amongst all. Remembering every scientific tips that Jessica told her. It’s now or never.

 

…..

 

“Yuri!”

 

Cheers from Taeyeon’s dorm erupted as not just the 5 of them are in but it seems the whole building tenants came down cheering up for Yuri. Yuri started sharp as her posture looks good. She’s barely leading the pack for the first 50m. Jessica bite her nails as she watch Yuri fast into the water cutting her ways through. Sometimes the camera would zoom into the competitors’ face and it gave a slight relief to Jessica noticing that Yuri isn’t taking too many breath on each . She’s balancing it nicely.

 

“Oh, Yuri is so good at this! Come on Yuri! Kick their asses!”

 

Hyoyeon remarks earning laughter from the rest. The room is jam pack but everyone gave Jessica some space so that she can watch Yuri without anyone blocking.

 

‘Come on Yul.’

 

…..

 

“150 metres! Two swimmers are head to head with each other right now but it seems the China athlete is slowing down. Yuri can give her all for this final 50 metres!”

 

….

 

Yuri knew how far she’s now. She knows where her opponent is. She knows she do the last push here and everything will ends. But not what she had in mind. When she remembered what her father said, the words still burning behind her mind. She control her own life. Yuri slow down a little just enough for the China athlete to catch up earning more noises coming from the audience.

 

‘You lose dad.’

 

…..

 

“Why is Yuri slowing down?!” Taeyeon screaming as the final 50 metres almost coming to an end. Jessica shook her head.

 

“Yul!” But her scream can never reach Yuri as Yuri hand touch the board 2 seconds slower than the winner.

 

“Chan Il from China won as Kwon Yuri came in second place!”

 

Jessica eyes widen as tears that she held on all these times pouring out. This was it. She was worried that she might be losing Yuri and now it becomes a reality. While everyone were annoyed by the results, no one saw Jessica leaving the room heading home with a broken heart. One that never be mending back even if she tried.

 

…..

 

“Why aren’t you eating your food Ms Jung? Is it not tasty?” SangWoo said as he took another piece of meat and ate it with his eyes looking at Jessica. Jessica shaking her head.

 

“I already ate. I told you.”

 

SangWoo smile as he put down his utensil and wipe his mouth with the cloth provided.

 

“Fine. We should be talking right now, aren’t we Ms Jung?”

 

“I don’t get what you meant.” Jessica press her lips hard so that she remains as calm as she can. SangWoo lean back on his chair.

 

“You’re a smart kid Ms Jung. I saw your reports and to be honest, I really like you but when it involves my daughter, I can’t seem to like you at all. I loathe everything about you.”

 

Jessica didn’t feel intimidated at all. She kind of knew he might be resorting to dissed her through his words.

 

“Too bad Mr Kwon. This is not about you.”

 

“I know. That is why I ask you to come here. I want to turn this into about me and you.”

 

Jessica raised an eyebrow.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I am concern about Yuri’s future while you are concern about her wellbeing. To make it fair, how about you and I make a deal?”

 

Jessica sneer as she pushed herself up ready to leave but SangWoo next word stop her from doing so.

“I’ll let you date Yuri and will never come in between the both of you forever if Yuri win in Kazan. I’ll respect your love for her.”

 

“But if she lose?”

 

SangWoo lips tugging into a small smile that annoying the hell out of Jessica.

 

“I’ll make things easier for you to leave her. I’ll transfer your father to my new branch in France as the new manager. The flight will take off the night after Yuri’s tournament. You will never see Yuri ever again and she’ll forget about you soon. But if Yuri wins then I’ll cancel the transfer and promote your father as the new head of operations and you and your parents can start unpacking your bags again.”

 

“I’m not taking the deal.”

 

Jessica watch as SangWoo drink from his cup of wine.

 

“Ms Jung, I can make this hard for your family. I have money and power to do so but instead I’m here to play games with you giving you a chance to prove your worth to my daughter. I’m being generous right now.”

 

Jessica hands gripping hard on the chair as she’s weighing her options. Both aren’t good either.

 

“How would I know if you’re not going to play dirty?”

 

SangWoo grinning. One that resemblance Yuri so much.

 

“Because I am a gentleman Ms Jung. If I want to play dirty, I would have destroy you right now, right here and no one is going to know about it.”

 

SangWoo stood up as he buttons up his blazer. She held his hand out for Jessica to take. Jessica look briefly at it before shaking the older guy’s hand.

 

“Let the best men or women, wins. Oh and by the way Ms Jung, to make it fair for both of us, Yuri shall not be told about this meeting or the deal.”

 

“Fine.”

 

“Good choice Ms Jung.”

 

…..

 

Hyori hold onto SangWoo hand as he look towards her. He had this satisfying smile on his face.

 

“I told you we can’t win by force. Those two will never know we had it all figured out.”

 

“You’re a genius SangWoo.”

 

“I am. We won.”

 

…..

 

Yuri dial Jessica’s number again. She tried since yesterday. She can’t wait to tell Jessica what she did in Kazan. Jessica will be proud of her. She finally stood up against her father. But Jessica seems to off her phone. She can’t get through. She was supposed to be back by tomorrow with the rest of the swimmers but she booked an earlier flight because she can’t wait to see Jessica. So like she had planned, as soon as she reach Incheon, she’s going straight to Jessica parents’ house and wait for her girlfriend there. Yuri grab a taxi and while the taxi driver compliments her for her effort yesterday, Yuri’s mind if full of Jessica. She would have drove this taxi by her own. They are finally right on destination. Yuri thank the driver and let him keep the changes as she walked towards Jessica front door and put her bag down. She rings the bell and waited but no one comes out. She rings it again but still the same. Yuri frown. She was about to ring it again when a slightly older women comes out from the house next to Jessica’s calling Yuri’s attention.

 

“What are you doing there?”

 

Yuri bow a little out of respect.

 

“I’m looking for Jessica. I’m her friend.”

 

“Jessica? They have moved out of the house yesterday. I heard they’re going out of country but I have no idea where. They didn’t tell me.”

 

“W-What?”

 

Yuri search for her phone and call Jessica’s number again but she still can’t get through. Yuri call Tiffany’s number.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Fany, where’s Sica?”

 

“She had a fever Yul. Our homeroom teacher told us she won’t be coming to school today. I’m going to visit her later. Are you back in Seoul already?”

 

Yuri felt her knees shaking as she drop her phone on the ground. This can’t be true. Jessica won’t leave her. Yuri leans against the front door as her body slowly sliding down as her bum finally on the floor. She didn’t just lost in Kazan, she lost Jessica in the process too. Now she knows why Jessica had this farewell feelings everytime they are together. She was going to leave her. She was going to ing leaving her.

 

“Why? Why?!”

 

Yuri screamed as her hand grasping her shirt crumbling it in her hands as the pain were too much for her heart to handle.

 

“Sica… It.. hurts..”

 

…..

 

Jessica had no more tears to shed. She had nothing to cry for. If only she did more for Yuri. If only she helped her training harder then all of these wouldn’t be happening. She lied to her parents and told them she broke up with Yuri and it was okay to leave in the middle of the term. She’s hurting inside but she knows that Yuri is hurt even more especially now knowing what had actually happen. Krystal saw her sister tearing up all the time and it hurts her too. She and Amber agreed to a long distance relationship and encourage Jessica to do so but Jessica told her it will not work out for her and Yuri. It will never will so Krystal stop asking. She let her sister have that alone time for a while until who knows when.

 

“Yul, I’m sorry.”

 

Jessica clutched on her chest as a sudden pain hitting her hard. It wasn’t like a disease or anything but it felt like the same pain she endure the first day of leaving Korea. Her thought wander back to the night before Yuri left for Kazan.

 

FLASHBACK

 

“I’m going to be in deep pain if you ever decided that you’re going to leave me.”

 

Jessica slap Yuri arms.

 

“You think you’re the only one? I’ll get hurt as much as you do.”

 

Yuri kissed Jessica on the forehead as the two cuddling together.

 

“Let’s be in pain together then until we meet again, IF we ever leave each other.”

 

Yuri emphasize on the word if daring Jessica to do the opposite. Of course that is only if it does happening. She’s hoping it will never happen.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Jessica hugged her knees as she buried her face crying again even when there’s no more tears coming out.

 

“Yul, I love you.”

 

…..

 

Kwon Yuri representative announce as Yuri forfeit from taking a part in Olympics in Rio. An official statement had been release by the swimming confederations on behalf of Kwon Yuri to announce that Yuri will not be participating in Rio due to injuries. It is a sad news but we hope the best for her recovery and we will see her on the next Olympics. This is Suho, for KBC News.

 

 

 

 

Hi. I don't know what to say since this is the ending I have been picturing inside my head since the moment I started this story. There are no perfect love story. I know it for sure because half of the story inspired by my own. Please don't hate my father. He just wanted the best for me. But before you gusy get ready to throw more bricks at me, I'm announcing a sequel for this story and it is call DREAM HIGH 2. I will not be updating the sequel here in AFF. But I'll be updating on my blog and I'll announce it on twitter every time I updated. So add me on twitter if you want to get updated. Until then, This is Bluppy signing off from Dream High.