Making a move.

Dream High

The dinner he had with Daniel Jung 2 weeks ago is still bothering him. The question he asked was so random as if he knew something and he’s finding an answer to it. He couldn’t get his head around another reason for it. Something is not right. He wouldn’t ask if he didn’t knew anything. Even today felt weird. Hyori Kwon is not here either to monitor Yuri’s progress. 3 days she had been absent from Yuri’s training. Coach Lim look up at the bleachers stand and saw Jessica sitting there with her book in hand maybe doing her revision while accompany Yuri. She’s here for the past 3 days since Hyori absence. He can’t help but feeling worried for Yuri. No matter how he see this, he has to admit that Jessica is the reason why Yuri is cutting on time. Jessica is the reason why Yuri is doing well at the moment. Yes her parents can’t be neglected to her success but Jessica influence in the way Yuri is performing is out of any logical reason. What would happen if they took Jessica away from Yuri? Coach Lim shivered as he brush away his thought as he focus back on Yuri who actually already in her 3rd lap.

 

“Okay Yuri! 2 more laps!”

 

Yuri dived in as she made another turn as her legs kicking harder. Today, she feels kind of good. Don’t’ asked why. She had a good feeling about today and it shown in her training. Every felt right and every kick push her further forward. Yuri swim harder as she push for final lap. She only breathe 3 times as she push herself forward as her body gliding through the water. Yuri touch the wall as she dive out of water finally taking that desperate air she needed. She took of her googles and swimming cap. She look up on the bleachers stand and saw Jessica leaning on the railings waving at her. Yuri smile and wave back. Maybe she felt good because Jessica is here and she’s here because her mother is not here. Yuri have no idea why but she likes it. Hopefully Hyori won’t come for another week.

 

“Yul, I’m here and not up there. Look at me.” Yuri awkwardly smile as Coach Lim already on his right knee, kneeling in front of her with his clipboard and that stern expression.

 

“Erm, sorry coach. I was just..” Yuri rubbed the back of her neck as Coach Lim shook his head.

 

“You’re doing well. I think next week open would be easy for you. Our main target would still be in Kazan. That will be your bench mark on how far have you gone. If you do well in Kazan then you’re going to be a serious contender in Rio.”

 

Yuri answered by nodding her head as she pushed herself up out of the pool. Coach Lim take a step back as he watch his student grabbing onto a towel and wrapped it around her body.

 

“I know coach. Thank you.”

 

Coach Lim glanced towards Jessica once again before back at Yuri. He felt it his job to warn Yuri about his suspicious.

 

“Hey Yul?”

 

Yuri look up as she grab her bag.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“How are you and Jessica?”

 

“Jessica and I? We’re doing fine. Why?”

 

“Really? No interferences from your parents? You know how they are against you dating right?”

 

Yuri chuckled as she takes out a blue sweeter and a pair of track pant.

 

“I didn’t tell them yet so basically they have no idea that I’m in a relationship. But I’ll tell them when the time is right.”

 

Coach Lim raised an eyebrow as he found her explanation is a bit weird. SangWoo didn’t know about Jessica? But why does he sounded like he is at the dinner? Is he missing something? But looking at how happy Yuri is, he decided maybe he was being a delusional. He over think it. He better get back to reality.

 

“Uh well maybe I’m over reacting. Good job for today. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

 

Coach Lim pat Yuri on her head as he always do. It is his way of telling her how proud he is to be her coach. Well who wouldn’t be proud having this swimming genius as a student? A lot of his colleagues were envious of this opportunity that was given to him. They said Yuri is going to hit big in the future and mark her name as one of a great swimmer. Yuri smile reaching her ears as Coach Lim walked away. As soon as he exiting the indoor pool hall, Yuri quickly look up once again and saw Jessica wasn’t there on the stands anymore. She frowned.

 

 

“I’m here swimming genius.” Her wide smile is back as she turn around and saw Jessica already standing behind her. She saw her girlfriend eyes travelling from bottom to her top body. She grin.

 

“I’m y aren’t I?”

 

Jessica cut the distance between them as she held both ends of Yuri’s towel on that she placed on her neck when she was speaking with Coach Lim. Jessica tug on the towel and the force pulling Yuri forward towards her.

 

“Which part do you think that you’re y Yul?”

 

Yuri wrapping her arms around Jessica waist securing her hold on her as they had eyes on each other. Yuri like Jessica’s brown eyes. Her eyes had this mysterious story behind it. There were times when she tried decipher what was behind that look Jessica gave. Well she got nothing. Her girlfriend seems to be able to control whatever her eyes might give a hint. To be honest, there were times that Yuri have no idea what’s going on inside Jessica head too. They had been dating for 4 months now but it felt like Jessica still have a side where no one can learn about it even from her. Jessica noticed how Yuri bright expression suddenly change.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong?”

 

Yuri shake away her thoughts as she focus back on Jessica.

 

“I’m thinking how I’ll go through senior year if you weren’t here. It might be boring as hell.”

 

Jessica pull away the towel from Yuri’s neck as she drop it down on the pool. Yuri glanced down and giggled as she saw her towel floating in the pool. But before she could say anything, Jessica cup her face and forced her girlfriend to look at her instead of the floating towel.

 

“Why would you be thinking like that when I’m here? Plus…”

 

Jessica leaned forward as she run her lips lightly from the base of Yuri’s neck upwards towards her right ear as her right hand slip inside Yuri’s jacket and tug it down her shoulder exposing her wet shoulder.

 

“…don’t you want to know which part of you I think is y?”

 

Yuri felt as her breathing quicken and coming out a little short. Her heat beating fast everytime Jessica come closer like this. She should be able to handle it well by now but it is far from it. She’s a pile of mess and it’s happening all the time and she would always freaking curses her body for reacting like this.

 

“W-What?” Oh her voice for betraying her. If only Yuri can see that playful smile creeping up on her face.

 

“When you scream my name.” Jessica push Yuri as the other girl couldn’t balancing herself anymore and fall back into the pool.

 

“Sica!” Yeah she did scream Jessica’s name as water splashing and the sight of laughing Jessica came to her vision. Jessica is laughing so much that she has tears in her eyes. Yuri pouts as she watch her girlfriend making fun of her.

 

“Seriously Sica?”

 

Jessica bend down a little as she had this teasing smile on her face.

 

“You’re y when you’re screaming my name baby.”

 

Yuri finally smiling. There’s no way she can get mad at Jessica pulling this kind of pranks. She shakes her head as she pushed herself up once again and looking at Jessica feeling rather suspicious when the girl handing over a new fresh towel.

 

“You’re not going to pull that away right?”

 

“Why would I do that?” Answered the girl. Yuri let a few seconds tick by as she’s watching that innocent expression on Jessica face. Yuri careful extend her hand as she reaching for her towel. Jessica remain rooted on her standing as she awaits Yuri to actually taking the towel. Once Yuri hand is near enough, she quickly pull back resulting as Yuri almost stumbling forward. Jessica chuckled.

 

“Darn it, I hate it when you keep on teasing me.”

 

Jessica had that smirks Yuri recognize on her face.

 

“Come and get it swimming genius.”

 

Jessica wav the towel around in attempt to tease Yuri. Yuri scrutinize her eyes as she keep her sight on her towel. She’s waiting for the right moment. Jessica on the other hand is keeping her guards up as she’s aware of Yuri attempt. Yuri counting in her head as she finalizing her movement in her head. She saw Jessica look away for a second and quickly charging towards her girlfriend. She’s not aiming for the towel as she held Jessica’s waist. She’s pushing her body forward so much that the force sending both of them to the other pool behind them. Before they fall into the pool, Yuri flip around as she gets below Jessica before they hit the water creating a huge splash. They fall deep into the pool. Jessica felt herself short of air when Yuri lean forward and claiming her girlfriend lips. She wasn’t just kissing her but transferring some air into the other girl mouth; the air that she manage to take before they fall into the water. Jessica relax in Yuri’s arm as she let Yuri slowly guiding them towards the surface. Once they finally floating, Jessica wrapped her arms around Yuri’s neck as they keep on kissing each other. The moment they finally pull away, Jessica didn’t feel breathless at all thanks to Yuri. Yuri grin as she let her forehead glued on Jessica’s. They were drowning into each other eyes as Yuri did her best floating both of them together.

 

“Did you like my prank?” Yuri can’t help but ask. She had a feeling that Jessica enjoyed it too. Jessica want to pretend that she’s mad but that playful smile of Yuri’s made her changed her mind.

 

“My Kwon Yuri is getting good at this game.”

 

Jessica closed her eyes as she feels Yuri lips on her neck placing gentle kisses.

 

“I do learn from the best.” Yuri mumbles as she keep on kissing the expose neck of her girlfriend. Jessica like it but remembering as they are still in a public area, she stop Yuri by slowly pushing her away creating distance between their faces. Yuri groan as she lean forward again only to have Jessica placing her palms on her upper chest.

 

“I don’t think coach Lim would have appreciate us making out in the pool.”

 

Yuri puckered her lips as she remembered coach Lim warning when he learn about their relationship. He made it clear that the pool is strictly prohibited for training only and not for naughty stuffs. She would have hope Jessica would have forget but it seems she’s not.

 

“Can we just ignore that can continue?”

 

Jessica her lips as she untangle Yuri’s arm around her waist and swimming backwards.

 

“We had a deal Yul. Bring me that open medal home and another 0.1 second faster, I’ll be yours all night. You can have me anyway you want.”

 

Yuri gulped as she can feel her body heat rising. If it wasn’t because of the water around her, she knew she would be sweating so much. The thoughts of doing anything she wanted is so tempting. Jessica knew she had Yuri’s wrapping around her finger and it is satisfying to know that.

 

“God that sounded so good just by thinking about it.”

 

Jessica smile and push herself out of the pool. She wink at Yuri and walking away leaving Yuri in awe as she purposely swinging her hips and with a teasing manner taking off her wet chequered shirt leaving her in her black top. She swear is she turns around now, she can see Yuri jaws hang open and eyes widen. Another win for Jessica Jung.

 

…..

 

“You call for me Sir?”

 

Daniel Jung comes in holding a file as he stood in front of Kwon SangWoo desk waiting for his boss order. SangWoo flip close his laptop as he gestured for Daniel to sit down. The latter did as he was told. He didn’t say a word and just waiting for SangWoo to say anything. SangWoo cleared his throat.

 

“How do you feel working alongside me now Daniel?”

 

Daniel smile as he thought back of the impossible 2 months ago when he got promoted.

 

“It’s good to be here, sir.”

 

“Good to know that. How’s your family doing?”

 

“They’re doing good and happy. My daughters especially are happy.”

 

SangWoo smile as Daniel mention about having daughters.

 

“How many daughters?”

 

“Just two sir. Jessica Sooyeon and Krystal Soojung. My wife want to keep their Korean names.”

 

“Really?”

 

SangWoo leans forward as he held a frame picture of Yuri and let Daniel see it.

 

“This is my daughter, Kwon Yuri.”

 

Daniel startle a little as he feels familiar with that name. Maybe he’s mistaken it so he shrug it off completely. SangWoo watch his worker reaction before putting back the frame and lean back on his chair.

 

“I’m sure you love your daughters right Daniel?”

 

“Of course sir. They’re my everything.”

 

There are a sense of proudness layered in his voice and SangWoo acknowledge it.

 

“You know, I love my daughter too. She’s a swimming protégé. I want to see her success in it. I’ll do anything I can to see her do well. I don’t appreciate people coming in and disrupt that mind set. All she needs to do is focus for her future and don’t entertain all this teenager stuffs. It’s only going to bring her down. Do you understand what I meant Daniel?”

 

Daniel is a little bit confused.

 

“But sir, I’m sure your daughter knows that. It just that maybe you can cut her some slack? I mean my daughter Jessica, I let her have her freedom but at the same time I watch over her so that when she make mistakes then I can be there and help her learn from it. Being harsh on them is not good sir.”

 

SangWoo chuckled as Daniel explain his thoughts.

 

“In my family Daniel, there’s only success or failure. There’s no in between. I’ll stop to nothing just to make sure Yuri is on track. A great athlete is a person who willingly to sacrifice her freedom so that the future look secure. Teenage love is not needed in my daughter’s life and I make sure of it.”

 

This is more confusing to be honest and Daniel had no idea why SangWoo is telling him all these. Daniel turn his chair around as his back facing Daniel.

 

“Thank you for your hardwork Daniel. I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

 

Daniel stood up as he slightly bow and exit his dorector room looking even confused. What was that? He shake the thoughts away and get back to his desk as he packing up to go home.

 

…..

 

Yuri make a noise as Jessica comes out of bathroom with towel wrapping around her body. Jessica heard that and ily run her fingers along her hair. Yuri is already cheering for her.

 

“Strip! Strip!”

 

Jessica giggled as Yuri keep on screaming stripping. She ignored her girlfriend’s loud voice as she get dress wearing Yuri’s extra clothes. Her own clothes are wet and she didn’t bring any extra.

 

“Aish you need to strip.”

 

Jessica dry her hair with the towel before tossing it at Yuri who excitedly catch it. She’s like watching a stripping show when Jessica isn’t giving her any show. Yuri finally calm down as she pack her stuffs. Jessica sat next to Yuri.

 

“Yul?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Daddy ask me to bring you home for dinner.”

 

Yuri eyes widen as she turn around facing Jessica. Jessica giggled and cup Yuri’s face.

 

“Calm down Yul. He’s not going to eat you.”

 

Yuri calm herself down. Jessica can’t help but grinning wide.

 

“W-When?”

 

“Tonight. I was about to tell you but you pull a prank on me so it’s payback time.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah.” Jessica stood up forcing Yuri up with her.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

Yuri had no space to even arguing as Jessica just do as she please. Fine then. A dinner with the Jung’s. She might score a point for herself tonight. Goodluck Kwon Yuri!