The Savior

Desperate Souls~

Wattanna woke up, felling aching in her head and body. "Ouch," she held onto the part of her head that was pounding. 
"You awake? How do you feel?" She tried to get up, but the pain was hurting her too much. She stared shocked at the person in front of her. 
"You...Again.." 
Punyaa came closer to her." What a coincidence that I save you once again from harrassment."
She forced herself to get up from a couch. Her face showed it all that she was uncomfortable. "I didn't ask you to save me."
"What?" He grabbed her arm, " Where do you think you're going?" He turned her back to face him. 
"ouch! Let go.." He took his hands off her. 
"You're still not well."
" I have classes to attend." 
"I notified them that you are with me already." She looked at him, eyes wide. "What? You told me before you collapsed to not go to the nurse's office or class. I had no choice but to bring you to the Student Council room."
"Thank You..." She said, tearing up. 
He slightly smiled, " Now, what kind of idiot thinks they can handle 5 girls by themselves. Obviously, you don't know how to fight."
" I don't know..I wasn't thinking. All I wanted to do was protect her. OH! Is the other girl okay?! " 
"sheesh, you can barely stand and here you are thinking about someone else's well being. She's fine. I called the nurse and she said that her boyfriend is taking care of her. "
Wattanna's eyes went from shock to sad as she realized who the boyfriend he was refferring to was. Punyaa was still observing her.
"Don't tell me you fell in love with another girl's man, and that's why you protected her..." He hypothesized. 
"NO! They're not a couple yet...I think...We're bestfriends only..." 
"ahhhh, you fell in love with your bestfriend." He chuckled.
"What's funny about that?" 
"Nothing, it just sounds like a ridiculous Thai Lakorn." 
"I wish....But I'm not the main character..." She said looking down at the ground. 
Punyaa just stared at her while in deep thought.

 

"I said I'm fine! Stop following me!" Wattanna yelled to him.
"You're not! What if you faint again, and then some stranger takes you home huh?!" 
"You're crazy! As if, I'm okay already!"
"How would you know? You didn't want to check in with the Nurse." 
"Punyaa!!!"
"Oh-ho! Is that any way to talk to your savior?! Call me Pee Punyaa."
"NO! We're not that close..."
"Not, that close?! You almost faced death and you call us not close?"
Feeling guilty, Wattanna couldn't refute back. "Okay... Pee Punyaa..." She whispered. 
"Hah? I can't hear you."
She took a deep breath. "Pee..Punyaa," she said a little louder. 
She stared at him. "PEE PUNYAA!!!!" 
"HHAHH?! I can't hear you!" He chuckled.
"Tsk! Nevermind !" She walked faster. 
"Slow down! You haven't recovered at all, you might tri-"
"OUCH!!!" Wattanna tripped and fell on the ground. 
Punyaa shook his head and ran to grab her. "See what did I just say?"
"Ow ow ow. It hurts."

It seems like she twisted her ankle and so, Punyaa had to carry her back home. Her parents invited him in and thanked him for helping her out. 
"I'll pick you up tomorrow around 7." 
"That's not neccessary."
" Be ready. I don't like being late..."
He was walking away, but before he left she shouted out to him "Thank You again!....Pee Punyaa..."
The president cooly waved up a hand as a signal that he heard her. 

While still looking at the area Punyaa dissapeared off to, she heard a voice from the opposite end calling out to her. It was Som.
"Wattanna!" Why did you answer my calls?!" 
"Som! oh, my cellphone was crushed. "
Som stared at her. "You should've ran away with Suda! "
"No chance! We both wouldn't have escaped then. "
"Are you hurt by the way? How did you get out?!" 
"Ahhh, a friend stopped them before I could get hurt!" She lied . 
"OHhhh~ okay. That's good to hear then. Make sure you run if that happens again to you! Come get me!" 
She faked a smile. "How's Suda by the way?"
"She isn't hurt badly, but she's still recovering. It's no surprise she feels traumatized. I don't think she'll be going to school tomorrow so I probably will go visit her. "
"Yeah, that's a good idea. Well..I'll see you next time. Walk home safe. " She turned away to walk back inside the house.
"Hold on." Wattanna stopped. Her heart was about to jump out of her body. "Why are you limping? I thought you said your friend stopped the fight before anything happened?" 
"Oh this? I tripped earlier on my way home. It's kinda swollen, but I should be good. Don't worry about it. I'll see you whenever. Bye." She walked back into the house, not looking back at him at all. 

Inside, Wattanna wanted Som to care more about her, to see that she really was hurting, but she had no right to tell him what had happened to her. Laying in bed, her body now remembered the kicks and punches that she received that morning. That night, she could not go to sleep and instead, stayed up repeating the incident in her mind.