Unfortunate Past

Desperate Souls~

Wattanna was used to Som's flirtations by now, but it still stung her heart a little. However, this situation just looked like the usual situations she's always seen of him. Wattanna really likes Som, but he is completely oblivious to her feelings. Before, she attempted to let him know, but there was a situation that occured which caused her to keep quiet.


During their first year, Somporn really liked an older female student, but she was uncomfortable with Wattanna and his relationship. Wattanna just so happened to be at the right place at the right time to hear their conversation.

" Som... I'll be your girlfriend if you stop being friends with Watanna..."
" I can't. She's more than just a friend. Watanna is my beloved little sister."
" But what if she doesn't feel the same. What if she likes you?"
He chuckled a bit, " That's foolish. Wattanna will never feel that way about me! She only sees me as a friend."
The female was done trying to compromise. "Som. Lose her or lose me..."
He stopped smiling and became serious. For a while, they stayed in utter silence. Then, Som took a deep breath. " It's a shame we can't go further, you were really a sweet girl. " 
Tears ran down the girl's face. "So... That's your answer...Goodbye..Som..." She walked past him, turned the corner and bumped into Wattanna. She was about to go around her, but Watttanna stopped her. 
"There's nothing between me and Som, so please give him another chance. He really likes you... Alot." She said, while trying to prevent tears from falling. 
The girl looked at her, shooked her head. " Obviously he adores you more, and he made it clear today. " With that the girl left.
Wattanna peaked back at Som who was still in the same position, looking at the now empty spot in front of him. Feeling guilty, she couldn't go up to him at that moment. That night, he texted her that he would be running late the next morning, for her to go first.

The next day, she spotted Som first. She waved her hands to him, but he glanced at her and walked away. Now, Wattanna was feeling really guilty. Word spreaded around that she was the one who intervened with Som and the older student's relationship. Seeing as Som wasn't hanging around Wattanna for the past three days, people quickly assumed that it was the truth. Her friends quickly discarded her away. Also, she was getting bullied from girls who liked Som as well. At first, it was hate-mails that she received in her locker. Then, they became physical and locked her in the bathroom while pouring cold water on top of her. Lastly, they threatened her to move schools but she spoke up, saying she wasn't going anywhere. They eventually cut off a big chunk of her hair. That night, Panit came to her house and conforted her. Wattanna decided it was time to change. She asked Panit to cut her hair off. The following week, she didn't attend school; instead, she used that time to throw away all her clothes, makeup, accessories, and heels and went to go buy boy clothes with Panit. 
"Watt, I really want to tell the prinicpal!" Panit said, feeling angered.
"DON'T! I don't want it to blow out of porportions. Plus, if Som found out, he would be upset." Wattanna looked away and tried to focus on something else to not let tears shed. 
" You should tell him...your feelings." Wattanna looked at her gay friend. She sighed. " No, I'm too scared to hear the truth..." 

The week after, Som was walking to class when he heard people whispered, "Wattanna.........different.." " she changed......Oh my gosh"
He walked to her classroom, but she was nowhere found. He searched and searched and searched, until finally, instinct told him to check an area all the way at the near the gates. There, he found a strange boy who had girl clothes, laying on the grass asleep. He recognized the face immediately and layed down next to her. Finally she woke up, meeting a pair of eyes looking straight at her. She stood up and started running. 
Feeling slightly affended, Som ran after her and jumped her causing both to hit the grass floor. 
" What was so bad about my face that had you running as soon as you woke up?!" He said, pinning her to the ground.
"Let go first." He quickly took his hands off and they both sat up. "You were the one first to avoid me...." she stated.
He opened his mouth, but shut it shortly after. Then he spoke, "Sorry... I was rejected about 2 weeks ago by a girl I really liked, and it kinda hit me hard after..."
Wattanna couldn't look at him; she stared down at the ground only. He turned to her, "But! I'm slowly getting over it already. What about you?! what made you to change so drastically?"
Wattanna had no intentions of revealing the truth, "I decided it was time for something different." 
He nodded his head in agreement, but stared at her again. "What? Why do you look like you want to cry?"
Immediately a tear fell down from one of her eyes, and she quickly turned away. " I'm not," her voice cracked. He used his hands and turned her face back to him, seeing that it was well soaked in tears. 
"what's wrong? Are you hurt?!" he asked, looking worried. 
She shook her head and smiled, wiping her tears away. "I- Im just glad to talk to you again. I thought you hated me..." 
Soms eyes went from shock to anger, "Why would I hate you? Where would you get that ridicuous idea from?!" He patted her head. "I can never hate you, you are like my precious sister. I cherish you too much."
'ahhh, so that was his way of letting me know there's nothing between us. It ended before it started it...' She stared at him, slowly calming herself now. She nodded in agreement with him. "Mmn, and you're a brother I too cherish too much. " They both smiled to one another. 
" alright then! Let's head to class, we missed our first classes already." He said while getting up. 

"Let's go."