{08}

Love You, Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 8[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2][/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

“You have a really nice house.”

 

“Our houses literally have the same layout.” Jiae deadpanned, leading him from the doorway into the living room.

 

“It’s the furnishing that makes all the difference…”

 

Jiae’s apartment was a clean, modern design, with white as the main colour in the living room and dining area. Like Myungsoo’s own, their kitchen was an open kitchen, with a counter that had bar stools serving as a dining table. Instead of the clutter of shelves occupying his living room, hers was a spacious, white area, with all storage areas covered by doors to minimalise the clutter.

 

“Sure, sure, whatever you say. What would you like for dinner?”

 

Resisting the urge to wince at the familiarity of the statement and the accompanying image of his family enthusiastically waving as they sent him off to the opposite unit, Myungsoo managed a smirk.

 

“I’ll have the chef’s specialty.”

 

Jiae grinned in reply. “Good choice, sir.”

 

She headed into the kitchen, opening a drawer and pulling out a purple apron, expertly slipping it over her head and tying the straps around her waist. While Myungsoo had changed into his signature loose black t-shirt and trackpants, Jiae had opted for a hoodie and shorts, revealing more of her long, white legs than Myungsoo was ready to see.

 

“Any allergies I should know about?”

 

“Maybe the one I could develop to your cooking.”

 

“…I’m holding a knife.” She cautioned, lifting it up in warning.

 

Myungsoo chuckled in response, migrating from the sofa to the kitchen counter, settling himself on one of the bar stools. Resting his chin on his palm, he stared at her while she worked, a hint of a smile on his face.

 

Hyperaware of the intense stare focused on her, Jiae bit her lip as she tried to concentrate on her cutting, fighting hard to keep the blush for being too obvious on her face. “Could you stop staring at me like that?”

 

“I’m not staring at you, I’m staring at the food.” She looked up at him with wide eyes, about to say something to curb her embarrassment, only to be met with Myungsoo’s smothering gaze, proving her statement right.

 

The older male only smirked at her expression. He then adjusted his position, sitting up straight and crossing his arms over his chest. Jiae blinked at him, breaking the eye contact and biting her lip. “Why don’t you go… watch TV or something?”

 

“Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter