{07}

Love You, Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 7[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2][/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Since the day they raced each other home in the rain (which Jiae’s friends had found out about immediately thanks to Moonsoo and had to no end – “We’re just friends!” Jiae had insisted, but it really wasn’t much use), Myungsoo and Jiae had unintentionally ended up walking home together almost everyday after school.

 

Jiae wasn’t sure if unintentionally was the right word to use, however, knowing that her run-ins with Myungsoo after school could very well be orchestrated by her scheming friends and Myungsoo’s sly brother.

 

Like that time when Mijoo held her back just to talk unnecessarily long about how nervous she was for her Math test the next day, before abruptly ending with “Thanks so much Jiae, you better leave school quick or you’ll miss your bus!”

 

“I don’t even… take the bus?”

 

When she walked down the steps into the main driveway of the school, however, she spotted Myungsoo strolling out, wearing a bored expression on his face. Shrugging, she approached the male, who greeted her with a small smirk before continuing on his usual way home, but this time with her beside him.

 

-

 

Humming lightly, Jiae stepped into the lift of her apartment block. It was a bright Thursday evening, the days gradually becoming longer than the nights as the spring weather warmed up. It was also one of the days where Jiae went home alone, a rare occurrence nowadays considering how much time she seemed to be spending with Myungsoo. She still spent the entire school day with her friends, unaware of her neighbour’s whereabouts during school hours. But even she herself was finding it ridiculous that they walked home together every day, with or without the increasingly active rumour mill. Jiae knew that she needed some time to herself, so she had sped out of school before any of her friends could reach her to stall her with some silly made-up excuse.

 

As the lift doors were about to close, a foot appeared through the closing gap, effectively causing the doors to jolt open again. The brunette could barely resist the urge to groan as an all too familiar face appeared.

 

“Did you really need to walk so fast with those elephant steps of yours?” Myungsoo raised an eyebrow, stepping into the lift calmly and pushing the button for both their floors.

 

“How dare you! I do not have elephant steps.”

 

Myungsoo chuckled but remained silent, his gazed fixed on the slow jump of the numbers on top of the lift door.

 

“Wait, doesn’t that mean that y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter