{03}

Love You, Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Chapter 3[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2][/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3] Two weeks later, after a rather dramatic farewell, Woohyun had left for London. Despite not shedding any tears at her cousin’s weeping, Jiae felt a strange sense of emptiness after his departure, knowing that she did not have a person that she could talk to or rely on almost 24/7 anymore.

 

Staring up into her ceiling, Jiae sighed for the umpteenth time, feeling completely bored despite the nice weather on the Sunday morning. All her friends were busy spending the day with their families, and Jiae’s own parents were in another town visiting relatives. Being a single child, the only person she could have called to hang out was Woohyun, but even that option was now miles away in London.

 

Loud voices outside her apartment disrupted her staring into space, and the long-haired brunette forced herself off her bed to check out the situation. The loud voices turned out to belong to a group of movers, busy carrying boxes into the apartment directly opposite hers. She watched them out of the boredom of a Sunday, eyes darting around to try to find the owner of the new home. Just then, she spotted a familiar figure rounding the corner, carrying a box while trying to blow his fringe out of his eyes.

 

“…L…?” Said figure looked up, startled, failing to see the box by his feet and knocking into it. Jiae’s eyes widened as he lost his balance, and instinctively reached out to steady the box in his arms as he sidestepped and managed not to fall over. “Oh whoa, I’m so sorry!”

 

“It’s fine…” L stared at the girl in front of him, feeling a sense of familiarity that he couldn’t quite place his finger on. Innocent features, pale skin, long, wavy brown hair… he knew he had seen her somewhere before. “We go to the same school right?”

 

“Yeah… I’m um, Soojung’s friend, Jiae…”

 

Jiae! That’s right, no wonder she looked so familiar to him. “What are you doing here?”

 

“I… live here…” The two looked at each other awkwardly before a voice called in the house for L. He shouted a ‘yes’ and as he turned to leave, Jiae noticed that he was wearing a fully black attire consisting of a t-shirt and a pair of track pants, presenting a completely different, rather comfortable image in contrast to his usual cool attitude. L seemed to be stuck in the awkward position between her and the box on the floor, and with a whispered ‘Oh!’ she reached down to lift the box away, giving him the space to move.

 

“Thank you,” he nodded with a light curl of his lips. He disappeared into the house, leaving Jiae feelings slightly out of place holding the box in her arms. She bit her lip and considered her options, before shrugging and fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter