{05}

Love You, Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 5[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2][/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

“Oh my gosh, I’m so late, Mijoo will kill me- Hello? Mijoo? I’m so sorry I’m late!”

 

“Late…? Oh, oh! Yeah, don’t worry, just head into the café, they’re just getting started anyway.”

 

“Really? That’s good, I’m almost there! I can literally see the café doors right now.”

 

“Awesome.”

 

“Okay, I’m in! I see the stage, but where are you…” Jiae craned her head as she glanced around the occupied tables, trying to find her familiar wavy black hair. “…I really can’t see you… Where are you sit- Moonsoo?”

 

“Aha! There we go! Have a great time, Jiae! Bye!” Jiae could only blink at her phone in disbelief, her eyes rounding at the realization as an arm reached out to grab her, pulling her to a table near the back.

 

“Jiae! Glad you could make it!” Moonsoo called over the speakers, his grin not once faltering despite her murderous expression. “I saved you a seat, come on!”

 

“You and Mijoo… You set me up!”

 

“Oh come on, noona. Setting you up sounds way too harsh. I’m just, introducing you to good music!”

 

“Yeah, right you’re just trying to-”

 

“Shh! The next performance is starting.”

 

Huffing, Jiae turned to look forward again, finally settling down into the seat across the table from Moonsoo. Her left hand reached for the bread placed on the table, deciding that if she was here to stay, she might as well get some food off of Moonsoo. She waited in suppressed anticipation as the lights dimmed, before the fairy lights on the wall behind the stage lit up, illuminating the figure that sat on a stool with a guitar in his arms. She unconsciously straightened her posture, holding her breath as the male closed his eyes and his thumb struck the first string.

 

“I love you, I love you

The words that I can’t bear anymore

My trembling heart

The words that I kept hiding in my heart”

 

Her wide eyes stared at him, listening to the sweet voice that she never knew L possessed. What surprised her even more however, was the fact that he was singing a love song. She could not tear her eyes off his serene expression, his face a picture of relaxation and calmness as he sang, a single prominent dimple often appearing as he articulated. The twinkling fairy lights seemed to further enhance the almost surreal feeling by casting shadows on his angular face, and Jiae could feel her heart beating just a tad faster due to the overwhelming experience.

 

The song had come to a close before she even knew it, and she couldn’t help the feeling of sadness and loss at the fact that his performance was over. Joining Moonsoo and the other patrons, she stood up to give a standing ovation, watching as L managed a small curl of his lips before stepping down and disappearing into the crowd of performers.

 

“That was great, wasn’t it?” Moonsoo asked, his eyes sparkling in either mischief or genuine curiousity, Jiae couldn’t tell.

 

“Y… yeah… It was…”

 

Moonsoo grinned widely in approval, before grabbing her hand once more an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter