Chapter Two

Me and the Two of Them
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sight of her bed made her sigh in relief. The details of the engagement are still lingering in her mind but she wants to forget it for the mean time. She grabs her phone, sending him a quick message to meet her tomorrow.

‘Tomorrow, I will finally tell him,’ then she let the weariness pull her to the endless world of dreams.

~0~0~0~0~0~0~

“Mom, I will be out today,” she said, sitting beside her mother on the breakfast table.

“Where are you going?” she asks.

“I’ll be meeting a friend,” she replies, suddenly getting excited by the thought of meeting him.

“Why can’t you just invite her in here?” her mother suggested and she has to bite her lip to stop herself from laughing. She finds it absurd to lie about ‘her friend’s’ identity.

“Mom, I will not be out for long. I will be dropping by at Jinhyuk oppa’s place as well to talk to him about his wish for me to work as a part time assistant manager,” she smiles, finishing the scrape of food she placed in her plate, too eager to get out of the house.

After all, not every heiress likes their life of being pampered.

“Okay, I will just call on Jinhyuk later about that matter, won’t you want some more?” her mother offers the toast.

“No need Mom. I will be taking lunch with Jinhyuk oppa later,” then stands up to kiss her goodbye. Since she is old enough to drive, her parents bought her an automatic car for her convenience with the condition that she will just use it every weekend.

She steps on the accelerator, adrenaline getting the best of her. The fifteen minutes ride finally ends as she parks her car in front of a cute restaurant. She sees him on a table near the glass walls, reading a book.

She checked her dress first; a collared summer green dress with small rose prints with short sleeves and a pair of white ballerina shoes. She grabs her small back pack and straightens her hair before she skips on her steps, enjoying the warmth of the sun on her skin happily entering the said restaurant.

“Shouldn’t you be doing that at home?” she greets which made him look up. Acknowledging her with a smile, he closes the book as she slips on the seat opposite him.

“So what happened yesterday?” he asks as he reaches for the menu from the waiter.

“It’s just plain boring and I totally hate the nerve of that guy,” she complains and relays her usual order.

“Why is that?” he asks, his curiosity piqued by the choice of words by the lady in front of him.

“He has the nerve to agree on the terms where we will be both residing on a penthouse near the university they chose for us. His ways is just annoying me,” she complains, crossing her arms afterwards.

“You two will live in the same penthouse? But aren’t that supposed to be on the married level? You two are just to be engaged right?” he asks, finding the idea absurd as well.

“Yes, and they plan to have it a month right after graduation. They are too eager to have us tied up,” she sighs, leaning on her chair.

“When do you plan to have your vacation? I mean after the engagement party?” he asks, staring at her sullen face.

“I want to go to Paris, visit the City of Love,” she dreamily sighs, ideas and images finally conjuring in her mind just by the thought of Eiffel Tower.

“It will be nice to see you there as well,” he smiles as he watches her face brightens at his words.

“You mean you are going to Paris this school break? Oh my God! I should insist on the idea so we can get there together,” she squeals, clutching her bag close to her, containing her delight.

“But I don’t think your parents will allow you to get there alone; remember it’s either one of them goes with you or a male cousin of yours will be with you,” he reminds, finding the change in her expression adorable. She looks crest-fallen right after realizing that what he said is true.

“Then I have to bribe Seunghyun oppa or Siwon oppa or Jinhyuk oppa or even Minki,” then she starts thinking about who will be the very suitable companion. “I think Seunghyun oppa will be the very good candidate. I will have mother talk to him so we can get there,” then smiles at him, rendering him speechless for a while.

Their order finally arrives and he doesn’t mind seeing her order few more plate than a usual demure yet prim lady does. This kind of meeting allows her to be not the expected lady her parents want her to be.

As she goes on her food, still with grace, he can’t help but smile at how adorable she can be with every gesture she does.

“Jinri,” he calls.

She looks up, her spoon suspended mid-air, “Yes?”

With a handsome smile, he shakes his head and gets on his food. He chuckles upon hearing her whisper the word ‘weird.’

~0~0~0~0~0~0~

“Come one Changmin hyung, don’t be such a baby,” Sehun pulls his brother out of his bed. He had wanted to bring him on that cute restaurant her saw on his way to school.

“It’s still early for Pete’s sake. Can’t that thing wait?” Changmin groaned.

“Come on! Their hot muffins will soon be sold out if we get there later and their breakfast in there will surely make you not regret of not going with me,” Sehun insists as he pulls out the covers off of him.

“Sehun, just go there. I am still tired,” Changmin pulls the covers back to cover his clothe deprived body.

“Either you go with me or I go and upload these pictures of you on SNS. I am sure you wouldn’t like the idea of having your body being publicly displayed,” Sehun grins which shook the sleepiness out of his brother’s system.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter