Chapter One

Me and the Two of Them
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WOW! I am overwhelmed by the number of subscribers’ right after posting the tri-prologue! I know the number may be too small but it’s really heartwarming to see that many likes and follows your works!

To all the first subscribers, thanks a lot! I am really, really grateful!

Here’s the first chapter and I hope you grow in numbers as the story progresses! ENJOY!

 

Her steps felt heavy as she follows the waiting waiter for her. The chosen restaurant is indeed fabulous judging from the decors and the tables. The chandeliers and the private band they have is something only a classy restaurant will have.

The glamorous people dining on the said place didn’t surprise her. She’s accustomed to it; grew up with the same circle but never had grown to love where she is.

It is neither about not liking it nor about being ungrateful.

It’s the simple observation from her younger years which grew in her as her age increases.

The fake greetings from the rich wives; the sarcasm from each remarks of their daughters; the prim and uncaring husbands who only wants to earn even more profit; and the narrow minded sons who only thinks of bagging the richest daughter for a wife.

It’s a cruel circle; it’s where she has to be careful of what she will say, will do, will decide and even on how to behave in public.

It’s the kind of circle where you have to value your surname and the glory it possesses; where you have to know how to respond to such sugar coated insults and how to deal with ear-pleasing sarcasms.

Her entire life had been about etiquette of their circle; the proper decorum which has been weaved into her daily system.

The tempting chances of defying the rules have been so rare.

Now, is another moment where she is expected to be the daughter every parents want to have. The very demure yet prim Choi Jinri.

The waiter that guided her finally stops in front of one of the glamorous doors.

With a sigh, she composes herself before she enters the opened door.

~0~0~0~0~0~0~

He allowed himself to relax on the chair after he gives his polite gesture of kiss and handshake on the woman and man in front of him and his parents respectively.

“It’s so nice to meet again,” his mother, Mrs. Oh Yun Ji, smiles as they all settles down.

“Yes, it’s been a while,” the woman opposite them, Mrs. Choi Soon Mi, replies.

He suddenly feels uncomfortable from the way the woman looks at him.

“How’s business?” his father, Mr. Oh Joon Suk, asks.

“It’s been stabilized already. We are glad of the help from the Park family,” Mr. Choi Jong Il, the man opposite his father smiles.

And like any business oriented people, the talks finally diverted into the said field.

He is aware of the real reason why they are meeting these two people. It’s actually his wish and he knows that the Choi family and his had been on opposite ends; warring on a certain piece of land somewhere in the provinces of the country.

The long waging war finally ended with a truce where he is greatly involved and the daughter of the couple opposite them.  It’s not his bright idea to suggest such brilliant idea; it’s his brother and now he hates it for he will be finally tied, cutting down his freedom.

He has heard bits of details about the said ‘daughter’.

Demure, lovely, beautiful, intelligent and all good qualities a wife would want her daughter to possess. It piqued his curiosity and he is dying to see how correct the bits of information are.

“So where is your daughter?” his mother asks as their order finally arrives.

“She is o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter