Prologue (Part 2)

Me and the Two of Them
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Being the sole Heiress is never good and it will never be,” she thought after reading her parents’ a message.

“Young Miss, shall we head on to the given location?”

She looks at her chief bodyguard.

They are stuck on traffic. The message she receives surely reaches her bodyguard so there’s no use objecting. He is too good in persuading her.

She nods, staring outside the window. The car made a turn on a nearby street. She reaches for a button near her seat, rolling up the tinted glass that closes her off at the back seat. She needs to call someone and having her chief body guard in an ear-shot is no good. He can sometimes be as nosy as a woman.

She scrolls on his phone, presses the very familiar digits for a call.

“Jinri, is there something wrong?”

His voice, the one she had been hearing a thousand times before, made her unconsciously smile. She can’t quite understand the reason why but she loves the feeling nonetheless.

“Is it bad to call you?” she replies, leaning on the backrest.

“We just met about half an hour ago,” he said and she can already picture him smiling.

“I know; I just need someone to talk to,” she sighs, suddenly feeling a tightening in her chest.

A moment of silence etched between them.

Jinri, tell me what’s wrong. I can’t read your mind nor predict what you are feeling right now,” he broke the silence.

“They will let me meet him; they will finally finali

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter