Part 1: Chapter 5

Wolf - Primal Instincts: Part 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At cram school that evening, Sohee started getting the same feeling she normally got from her dreams.  It was that shiver down her spine that makes the hairs on her arms stand on end and her heart pound.  She knew something bad was going to happen, but what and when, she didn’t know.  Had her dreams been warning her of this?

When class ended, Sohee caught Kai’s sleeve and held him back as their classmates drifted out of the room. 

“Don’t go out tonight,” she begged him, the fear causing her chest to tighten.  “You guys can do whatever another night, just don’t do it tonight.”

Kai watched her closely as she spoke.  He shoved his hands into his pockets and leaned against a desk behind him.  “You getting another one of those feelings?”

Sohee swallowed hard and then nodded.  This wasn’t the first time she’d gotten a feeling like this but she rarely found the courage to voice it.  Kai was the only one she’d ever really talked to about it.  That was the reason she’d waited until it was only the two of them in the room before speaking.

Kai smiled at her indulgingly.  “Don’t worry so much, Sohee.  You know we can take care of ourselves.”  He straightened and headed for the door.  He was turned away from her when he said under his breath, “You must care a lot about this new guy if you feel that strongly about us not going out tonight.”  But she heard him clearly all the same.

“It’s you I’m worried about, you idiot,” she shot back.  “Not Luhan.”  She still wasn’t sure whether or not Luhan was the source of her fear, but she couldn’t bring herself to mention that. 

Kai came back to her and brushed the back of his fingers across her cheek.  “That’s sweet, Sohee, but you know I can take care of myself.”

Sohee closed her eyes.  He wasn’t listening to her.  Why had she thought that he would?  Why had she thought that maybe he would take her seriously?  “Fine, do what you want,” Sohee finally said, her voice edged with the anger she held back.  “Forget I said anything.”  She grabbed her bag and stormed out of the room.

 

Luhan waited outside the school building where cram school was held.  As he stared up at the lit windows he blew out a deep breath and paced.  Suddenly, the building doors burst open and he spun to see Sohee stride from the building.  She walked down the entrance steps and down the road without even glancing at Luhan.  Luhan turned back to the doors as Kai and Kyungsoo exited the building followed by the rest of the guys.  They were all back in their school uniforms when they hadn’t been earlier. 

"Did something happen?" Luhan asked.  He moved

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter