Part 1: Chapter 2

Wolf - Primal Instincts: Part 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sohee woke to darkness.  She rubbed at her eyes before looking around.  She was still on the roof.  Looking out, she saw the city lights below her.  She took a moment to appreciate the sight and the beauty of the moon shining above her before it hit her just how much trouble she was in. 

It was one thing, being at the factory when she wasn’t supposed to be. It was a whole other thing to be there at night, in the dark.  Panicked, she gathered her things, slid the strap of her spyglass case over her shoulder and hurried off the metal roof without going too fast.  The very last thing she needed right now was to get hurt.  Back on the concrete roof, she checked her watch.  She was going to be in so much trouble.  Not to mention she had school tomorrow.  She walked underneath the flickering emergency lights to the part of the roof that would lead her down stairs.

She was glad she knew this building so well.  It could seem like a maze with the different levels of landings and roofs.  And at night, with the faulty lights, there were lots of darks spaces that Sohee did not want to think about.  Kai would call her sissy.  No way was she telling him about this. 

As she stepped down onto a different section of the roof where the wall to her right turned right before continuing on straight again, a figure shot out of the shadows and grabbed her.  A hand slid over before she could do more than gasp and strong arms pulled her back into a shadowy corner. 

“For your own sake, be quiet,” a male voice whispered into her ear.  “I won’t hurt you.”

Sohee went still and silent. One of his hands gripped her tight around her upper arm while one of hers gripped wrist of the hand that he still held over .  Every inch of her body sensed his standing so close behind her. 

A commotion from the direction she had come from drew her attention away from her captor.  She heard men yelling and footsteps pounded on the concrete.  One man ran past them and then two more.  Only when they were out of earshot and out of sight around a corner did the hand over slip away. 

Her captor released her all together and slipped past her in the direction in which the men had come.

“Wait,” she said, speaking softly in the dim lighting.  Confused, against her normally better judgment, she reached out to grab his arm.

He her with a snarl and tore his arm from her grasp.  They stared at each other for a heartbeat, then two.  He was about her own age, which surprised her, but she didn’t recognize him.  They were in the shadows, but there was just enough light that Sohee was sure she would recognize him if she saw him again.  Plus, the obviously blonde hair was a dead giveaway. 

Saying nothing, he turned and disappeared around a corner.  Sohee followed him, but when she turned the corner, he had already disappeared into the maze that was the roof.  Sohee turned in circles, confused about what had just happened.  Her “captor” had pulled her out of the way of the not too friendly looking men that had run past, but then he just disappeared without giving her an explanation.  She didn’t understand.

Then she glanced at her watch and realized she didn’t have time to worry about him. She was going to be in so much trouble. 

As she left the warehouse and headed home, sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter