Part 1: Chapter 1

Wolf - Primal Instincts: Part 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoon Sohee walked across the roof of the abandoned factory near her house.  She loved the view from up here.  It was the tallest building around so there were no skyscrapers to obstruct the view.  On cloudy days she imagined she only had to reach up to be able to touch the clouds.  No boundaries and no limits.  She felt free.

That’s why she continued to come here even though her parents had repeatedly told her it was too dangerous.  At the end of the roof, she climbed onto the section of the roof that was metal covered.  This was the part she really wasn’t supposed to be on.  But she didn’t care; it was the best place to be.  She stepped carefully and made her way to the far end.  She sat in her favorite spot with her back against the roof’s cooling vent and put in her ear phones. 

Setting her MP3 to play her favorite song, she reached into the cylinder case she carried and pulled out her spyglass.  It was silver and simple, but it was hers.  It had been a gift from her father and she treasured it. 

She opened it gently and raised it to her eye at just the right angle to see the moon.  It would be full in a few days.  She smiled to herself as she remembered the horror stories her father had told her as a child.  They were stories of the terrible creatures that came out during the full moon.  While Sohee had soon grown to understand that the stories were just stories and the creatures weren’t real, she also grew to appreciate the time her father had spent with her telling her those stories.  In her eyes, those times were a precious few. 

The warm sun on her face was comforting to the point of being too comfortable.  Sohee lifted her arms above her head and then out to the side to stretch.  She settled back against the vent behind her and, with a smile on her face, she closed her eyes; enjoying the moment. 

 

Luhan reached the top of the stairs and found himself at the top of the building, a story and a half above the rest of the roof.  He didn’t have much room to maneuver and he was in a hurry.  He ignored the stairs that would take him down half a story and crouched at the edge.  Pushing off with his feet, he leaped forward, flipped in mid-air and landed safely at the bottom of the stairs.  Without pausing, he straightened and sprinted to the stairs that would take him down further. 

He turned a quick corner when the stairs reached a landing and switched directions half way.  A few more steps down and he jumped over the railing.  He landed and propelled himself forward into a roll and stopped in a crouch to look up the stairs behind him. 

They were still following him. 

So much for staying out of trouble, Luhan thought.  It wasn’t like he had done it on purpose.  He had just been wandering around the abandoned building, checking it out, when he had stumbled onto a group of guys that were not happy to see him there.  He had immediately apologized and promised to leave, but that hadn’t placated them in the least.  He had run when they gave chase. 

He had continued running and hoped they’d grow tired of the game and break off, but they hadn’t yet.  Luhan was starting to get annoyed.  A rush of power pulsed through him as he stood.  He ran straight at the first of a series of cement blocks that lined the side of the roof he was on.  The first he leaped over by planting his hands on top and pulling his knees to his chest.  The second he planted one hand and swung his legs to the side and over.  The third, he hopped onto instead of over.

Looking back, the guys with the black face masks were still on his tail.  Something inside Luhan felt like smiling, but he bit back the urge.  He flipped off the block and sprinted to the door on the other side of the roof. 

Inside the building once again, he ran down unfamiliar hallways dirty with debris.  At a sudden 3-way intersection, he took a turn too late.  Instead of crashing into the wall, he pushed off it and flipped.  He landed in a crouch and took the opportunity to glance behind him as he stood and continued running.

They were close on his tail as he sprinted down the very same hallway he had met Kris in the evening before.  It was just the reminder he didn’t need that he had managed to do exactly what Kris had told him not to. 

 

Despite the fact that it was the middle of winter, the school field was green.  All but the hardiest of trees on campus were bare, but the field looked bright and shiny as only fake grass could.  There were thick stripes crossing the field width-wis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter