Firefly - Key

Bed Time

song : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgwRFGlSdiw

Today is raining. I love rainy days. I love hearing the rain drops falling on the floor. I love how it calms my heart. I love the smell that humidified the air. I love the little shining drops caressing my cheeks. I love rain so much thanks to that firefly I met a dark rainy day. Thanks to him lighting my worst day ever ... 

That day everything went wrong. 

The morning I learn that  I was fired because of the economical problems of the company. They needed to gain money somewhere and decided that my post wasn't a necessity so they fired me. I did my work day, said good bye to all my lovely co-workers with an heavy heart and left it for the last time. 

I met my boyfriend at our favorite restaurant. He asked me to come and I thought it was for a good news. You know that kind of good news ! What was my surprised when I saw a girl coming to our table. An irrelevant and stupid girl who was just a pretty face in a too showy dress. I looked at my boyfriend asking with my eyes who she was. His answer was the worst ever. He asked me to come here to say that he had a new girlfriend, that he didn't love me anymore and that everything was finish that day. He left the restaurant holding that tart by the hips letting me alone. I didn't move nor say anything for an hour. When I left too it was already dark. 

Since I thought my ex-boyfriend would bring me home I didn't take any money. So I had to go home by foot. One hour to walk. I walked walked, I could feel my feet burning and if today wasn't enough already one of my heel broke under my foot. Yes my heel broke and I wasn't even near home ... At that moment I told to myself "missing only the rain and that would be PERFECTLY rotten !" What I didn't say ... it started to rain just after I said those words. 

I started to curse the sky to be so unfair with me. But when I looked up into the sky, I saw the moon and her stars around, I felt drops touching my cheeks, touching my hair, touching my shoulders. This is when I thought that maybe, maybe, the moon was crying for me. The tears that didn't fall of my eyes or the emotion stuck in heart, maybe she was showing them for me. Yes the sky was crying for the so pitiful me. This was an egoistic thought, somewhere someone was surely more sad that I was, more unlucky than me but I wanted to believe that the sky was really crying for me ... 

I stood there in the middle of the sidewalk, my soul absorbed by the sky. I was trying to give to the moon all the memories I wanted to forget, I was trying to give to the stars all my hidden emotion. This is where Kibum appears. Kibum said that every passer-by were looking at me strangely, or were signing "she is not clear in her head". Some even passed by me the farrest they could. But he was just looking at me, he said that he was seeing me cry. He saw the invisible tears running along my face. I didn't even saw him looking at me, nor coming closer to me because he came just next to me looking at the sky too. He said that he was trying to find what I was hiding among the shining stars. 

I didn't knew he was there but I could still feel a comforting aura surrounding me. I could feel a pat on back, I could feel a hug saying "it's going to be ok, everything is going to be better". I felt it but I didn't took attention to it. This is when I felt warm drops falling from my eyes melting in the rain drops. My feels were finally going out from my body, and the moon was covering them, she was hiding them from all so I could not be ashamed to cry in the street. Yes the sky was crying with me. Kibum said that he saw them, he saw my real tears and that they were the most beautiful he ever saw. They were silver as the moon.

I stayed there until even my bones were wet, until the rain stopped. That rain stopped when I stopped being so sad. Was it a coincidence, I still don't know. My neck was itchy because of all the time I looked up and so I bend my head forward and this is when I saw his shoes. This is when I saw him. I straight my head to face him and he was looking at me. His black hair were so wet and drops were falling from them. His shirt was so wet that its colour wasn't even recognizable. His pants was in the same state and in his hand there was an umbrella. He had an umbrella but didn't use it. Kibum said that if he would have use the umbrella, it would have blocked the sky sight and ruined everything. That's why he didn't opened it. I looked back at him surprised and at that moment he show me the brightest smile I ever saw. A smile saying everything but asking nothing. A smile that was pairing with the warm aura I felt. His eyes were so nice to me, they were covering my wounds saying that whatever happened it would surely gets better. He was there next to me, he stayed with me under the rain, he got wet because of me. "Thank you" came on my lips. I don't know if it was for the sky, or for Kibum or for both, but this is the first words that came out. Key said once that this thank you wasn't for him but I'm not this certain. 

I recognized Kibum's aura I felt under the rain and the first image that came to my mind was a firefly. Key came to me like a firefly in summer. He lighted my so dark garden. Not the hot and aggressive sunlight, just a little and warm firefly light and it was the most comfortable to me. After meeting the moon I would have burn under the sun, but a firefly would just warm my heart and that is what Kibum did that day. I smiled back to him, I wanted to smile to him so much without even knowing why.He said that after the silver tears, seeing my white smile was the best thing ever. He said to me later that if it was happening again he would do the same because seing me smiling back at him after the rain was the best gift he ever received. 

This is when I realized that we were soaked and would catch a cold if we don't do anything. So I took his hand without even thinking and went to my flat the faster I could and offered him a shower. He was under the rain because of me, he got so wet because I didn't saw him before the rain stopped. I had some clothes of my ex remaining in my room so I gave them to him. He couldn't wear his wet clothes after the shower. After we got dry, we drank hot chocolate and talked all the night. This is where he and I became friends. Some month after Kibum asked me if I wanted to start going out with him. My firefly became my sun when my heart was use to burn because of the warmest love. 

This day could have been the worst of my life but because of a firefly it became the memory I cherish the most. It's been 2 years now. I love you Kibum.