004

The Wild Card

 

Jackson nodded at his secretary before making his way towards the elevator; he tugged on the lapels of his coat as the machine announced his arrival on the top floor.

“Good morning, sir.”

He was handed a newspaper before he made his way to a conference room for a meeting, he was browsing through his copy when he suddenly came to a halt.

Oh my god.

“Are you a fan of his, sir?” His secretary good-naturedly asked.

“GDragon? Not really, but I’m a fan of the girl beside him.” He smirked in amusement.

“Cancel my meeting this afternoon, it seems that the queen is back.” He said before going inside the room.

 

 

Butler Jang had stepped out to fetch the dogs from their walkers; he closed the front door behind him and was surprised to find something out of the usual parked right in front of him.

15775d1245003957-damaged-1098s-black-sal

“When did this..” He blurted, but he straightened up when the dogs arrived, he took the four leashes and gingerly took the dogs to the backyard.

He set the snow dogs free and walked back in the house, he found his master in kitchen, drinking water.

“Are you going out for a run, sir?”

“Yes, I am. Can you call secretary Noh and tell him I’ll be a little late today?”

“Yes, sir.”

“And contact Jackson for me, tell him I’ll call him back once I’m done.”

The older male just nodded and watched as his boss made his way out of the house and to the massive garden.

“Something feels odd.” He mumbled before taking the glass from the counter and walking to the cook’s room.

 

 

“Whoa!” Yugyeom chuckled as Bam Bam dropped the paper on the table.

“She’s back.”

“Does hyung know already?” Youngjae asked, the three were attending a brunch event by a banking company.

“I don’t know, well he hasn’t called yet so,” Yugyeom shrugged.

“Isn’t today Jaehee noona’s birthday?”

“Right, the party’s set later too, shall we inform hyung?” Bam Bam asked.

“Wouldn’t it be nice if her entrance is a surprise?” Yugyeom suggested.

“Her name alone can cause ruckus, why wait for it to be a surprise.” Youngjae chided.

“Don’t you think it would be more exciting if she just appears, putting everyone in a state of shock?”

“Well aren’t you a sadist.” Bam Bam shook his head.

 

 

Yeoshin stepped out of the bathroom wearing a navy blue towel around her, she peeked over at the window and saw a head of dark hair chasing her dogs.

“Butler Jang.” She smiled to herself, she grabbed her phone before stepping out of the room.

 

 

“You’re back, sir.” Butler Jang greeted as Mark stepped in the house, he nodded and took off his windbreaker, the other male took it from him.

“Chef Song prepared a light breakfast for you, sir.”

He nodded as he padded towards the dining room.

“Then, you should grab breakfast too, having Yeoshin’s dogs in the house is extra work.” He said good-naturedly, the butler nodded, he bowed and left the room.

He took his seat and looked at the feast before him, different types of toast, butter, four kinds of cheese and coffee.

“Cold cuts?” He blinked in surprise, then he remembered his grandmother-in-law, the madam Han was fond of sending imported delicacies to him.

He chewing on his toast while reading the paper when he heard footsteps echo from the stairs, he paused.

Then he heard the dogs outside bark and yelp.

His brows rose and chose to ignore the sounds; the house help must have started cleaning early.

Then his gaze turned to the doorway, his eyes widened. Han Yeoshin, wearing nothing but a navy towel stepped in the dining room. She didn’t look at him as she grabbed an empty ceramic mug, lined with gold and poured herself some coffee.

“Y—Yeoshin.” He almost choked.

She looked at him casually with a small smile.

 

 

“Hi, Mark.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++