033

The Wild Card

 

Yeoshin stepped in the room, the four men clad in suits stood up to greet her.

“Good morning, president.” They all said, Yeoshin shook her head and gestured for them to take their seats.

“I heard my grandmother trusted all of you.” She said politely.

“Well, she did dote on us, president.”

“And I’m aware that you have doubts about me and because I’m too young and inexperienced.” Yeoshin started, Daehyun was standing by the door, he gave her a small nod.

“Not really, your grandmother told us a lot about you, we know how you were managing Samsung’s branches in the US while you were finishing your MBA. You’re not inexperienced, just young, but there’s nothing about that.” Director Shin smiled at her.

“Then, you trust me, directors?” She asked, the four men nodded.

“Then, I’m going to ask you one little favor, but I assure you, your assets will be safe.”

“..What do you mean, president Han?” Director Song asked her, then her two cousins stepped in the room.

“I need to borrow them for a bit.” She said as she gestured for Daehyun to place the documents on the coffee table before her.

“…Yes?” Director Lee balked, Yeoshin looked at them with an assuring air of a president.

“I know who’s trying to steal my seat, and I need to wipe them out before anything else.”

“…I don’t understand, why are your cousins here?” Director Shin asked as Suho and Kai sat across them.

“Your shares will be given to my cousins for a short period of time, so that they can gain control.”

“…But, president, your shares alone can manipulate~”

“No, I need them to be stronger, stronger than me. So..will you trust me on this, directors?” Yeoshin’s tone was serious as she met their gazes.

 

 

Jaebum had just stepped inside the dog shelter he had started with Yeoshin when they were still teens when his secretary from his office had called.

“What is it? I already told you to cancel all~”

“There’s been news about Mrs. Tuan, chairman.”

Jaebum paused.

“What news? Is it about hal~”

“No, its about her and a certain Park Chanyeol, it’s all over the Internet.”

Jaebum cursed and walked back to his car.

 

 

“It was a smart move, Shin.” Suho stated as they walked to their cars.

“Wait, you saw..this coming?” Kai was stunned as he handed his phone to Yeoshin.

“I had a feeling she would do that.” Yeoshin looked at the article, there was a photo of her and Chanyeol.

She shook her head.

“Shin, what you’re doing..” Suho trailed off.

“Oppa, I need you to secure HanShin, whatever happens you must never let Jaehee or her father~”

“We know, don’t worry, we’ll hold onto your seat for you.” Suho cupped her cheek.

“We’ll keep it warm for you too.” Kai grinned at her, Yeoshin rolled her eyes at him before getting inside the waiting Bentley.

Suho and Kai watched as the car carrying their cousin sped away.

“Her plan..is genius, you know. She transferred all of her shares to us, plus those of the major subsidiaries.” Kai stated, Suho glanced at his brother.

“But she’s hurting by divorcing Mark.” Kai finished.

“Yejin told me about it, Yeoshin..she has it all planned with military precision, she knew that once people heard about the divorce, the board would doubt her and would deem her as not good enough for president, then she would be totally ousted.” Suho stated.

“HanShin’s stock value would go down, but she transferred it to us, so the company wont be affected once they find out she owns nothing of Hanshin, just her reputation will be tarnished.” Jongin shook his head, it was clear he was frustrated.

Suho just walked to his car, Kai glanced at HanShin’s building with both of his hands in his pockets.

“But we’re forgetting another major stockholder......Mark.” Kai sighed before jogging to his waiting Porsche.

 

 

Yeoshin was inside the VVIP room of the hospital, her phone had been ringing endlessly, and mostly it was Jaebum and Jackson who were trying to reach her.

She looked at her sleeping grandmother.

“I don’t know if you would hate me for doing this, but halmae, I want to protect HanShin too. I’m doing what you always have asked me to, but..why…why does it hurt so much?” She whispered.

“In order to keep HanShin..I must let go of one person, because if I don’t…I’ll lose..the company. But this, this has always been our plan, separate after we’ve fooled everyone, divorce after a few years due to a staged fight.” Yeoshin looked upwards to stop her tears.

“But, why? Why does it hurt so much?” Yeoshin glanced as the folder on the coffee table.

“I blame you and grandfather, why did you have to make me marry my friend? Of all people, why did it have to be Mark Tuan? Do you even know how hard it is to let him go?” She ranted and covered her face.

“You promised mom that you would never let anyone hurt me, you promised her.” She said sadly.

“I’m sorry, halmae. I..have to do this to keep HanShin.” Yeoshin stood up, she walked towards the table and opened the folders.

Her cousin in-law’s words echoed in her head.

“Are you sure about this? Once you file for divorce, there’s no going back, Yeoshin.”

It’s fine, the company~

I’m not talking about the company, I’m talking about you.

“If I hold onto Mark, that would mean Jaehee would continue to pester me and Mark…Mark wants to be with her.”

“Do you think giving her Mark would silence her?”

“No, at least Mark wont be held back anymore.”

Yeoshin bit her lip before signing her name on the documents.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++