021

The Wild Card

 

The male, clad in a black coat, a maroon sweater paired with denim jeans looked up as Yeoshin stepped out of the restaurant, he was leaning against the hood of his Ferrari waiting to catch a glimpse of her.

His head tilted as he noted the male and female who trailed behind her, but she was casually chatting with them as they walked.

She even had two bodyguards two meters behind her.

“So you finally took over?” He murmured with a smile on his face, and then his smile grew broader as a delivery boy halted in front of them. Yeoshin was smiling as her secretary took the boxes of chicken and bottles of soda from the boy.

“As expected, my odd chaebol princess.” He mused before getting in his car and speeding away.

 

 

 

 

Daehyun just grew amused as his boss, aka the president of big time conglomerate HanShin Group, chewed on her chicken while leaning against her chauffeured Rolls Royce.

“Is it good?” Yeoshin glanced at the driver and two guards, who were forced to eat with them.

Why?

Yeoshin wasn’t comfortable if she ate alone.

“Do you often do this, ma’am..I mean, Yeoshin unnie?” Minah asked.

“When I wasn’t president yet, Mark and I would go out with our friends, go pojangmacha hopping, sometimes we even~ ack!” Yeoshin balked when Mark suddenly joined them.

“Sir~” Her staff were about to step away, but Mark shook his head.

“It’s fine, just continue eating.” He said politely before facing Yeoshin.

Minah and Daehyun grinned at each other.

What an odd couple indeed.

“Ya, why are you here? Go inside.”

“Why are you eating chicken out of the box?” Mark paused, distracted by her food.

“I didn’t feel like eating at a restaurant, and Minah just told me my meeting was cancelled, right?”

“Yes, president.” Minah nodded, Yeoshin grinned at her.

Mark exhaled; he shook off his jacket and draped it around her.

Want to try?” She offered him a piece of chicken, Mark grinned and let her feed him the meat.

Now, go back inside.” She nudged him, Mark’s brows met again, Yeoshin chuckled and kissed his cheek.

“Stop feeling guilty, I actually like it better here. Go.” She nudged him.

 

 

“This is funny.” Bam Bam commented as he browsed through his phone.

“What?” Jackson leaned over.

“I follow GDragon on Twitter, and he’s one of noona’s best friends, right?”

Jaehee looked up.

“They both have that ride or die thing.” Jinyoung nodded.

“Well, he retweeted photos of noona and Mark hyung, look, they must be just outside.” He said as he handed his phone to Jackson.

“Heol, classic Han Yeoshin, fried chicken and soda take out.” Jackson laughed, Jaehee paused as her eyes landed on the screen.

“Oh, they’re acting again.” Yugyeom hummed happily, his eyes went to Jaehee briefly.

“She kissed him.” Youngjae laughed along while doing a low high five with his friend under the table.

“People actually do watch over them.” Jinyoung shook his head.

“Noona’s a bit popular now because of her taking over HanShin, they’ve always been curious about her.” Bam Bam nodded as he took his phone back.

“Ya, ya, ya, stop that. Mark’s back.” Jaebum said, seconds later Mark joined their table.

Mark sat down, he blinked at his friends.

“Yeoshin and her chicken?” Jackson asked.

Don’t ask, I asked her to just join us, but~

Jaehee suddenly stood up; she grabbed her purse and wordlessly left the table.

“Now go send noona a text.” Youngjae whispered to Yugyeom.

“Mark…you need to fix this, we can’t…be together if Jaehee and Shin has a problem.” Jinyoung spoke.

Mark exhaled and leaned back against his seat.

“Look, we respect you and your feelings for Jaehee, she’s a good friend…”

“But to be honest with you, at the end of the day, whatever happens, we will always choose Yeoshin. I’m sorry.” Jinyoung finished before picking up his utensils again.

“I..can’t..I don’t know what to do, Jaehee wants Yeoshin out of my life, but..”

“You can’t have Yeoshin out of your life.” Jackson finished for him with a shake of his head, the table grew silent.

Mark looked at his friend with wide eyes.

“Admit it, ge, you never did get over that so called crush, Yeoshin’s your first love, and she still is.”

 

 

“And you just had to retweet it, nice move, oppa.” Yeoshin muttered to her phone as she walked to the lobby.

“People have been asking about you, it’s a way of cleaning my name and helping you.”

“Heol, is Kiko in town?”

“She’s coming over the weekend.”

“Great, I can’t wait to get my Blu-ray copies of Attack on Titan movies!” She smiled.

“Please don’t remind me that you watched that film while eating Pad Thai.”

“I was hungry and curious.” She gave Daehyun a wave as she faced the car.

“Oppa, I~”

Himchan and secretary Seo came running to her.

“Oppa, I’ll call you back.” She said before ending the call.

“What is it?” She turned to them.

“We found out who’s been trying to buy out the other representatives.”

“What?” Yeoshin paused, then Himchan produced an iPad and handed it to her.

“This person…” Yeoshin said as she looked at photo on the screen, then she gasped as Himchan swiped to the next photo.

“It’s Representative Choi Jaesook of HanShin Electrics.” Himchan said.

“I’ve hacked his emails and contacts, he’s been gathering a number of representatives to vote against you, president.”

Yeoshin looked at the two males worriedly.

 

 

It’s Jaehee’s father.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++