three

(Un)Lucky Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3,

-Three and a half days later-

 

My alarm went off at 7:30 AM. I heard Taehyung groan.

 

"Get up its assignment day." I tell him. "Dress like a college student like we discussed."

 

Suddenly his groaning face is gone and a smirk forms on his face. "So are we pretending to be a couple like I said we should?" 

 

I face palm. "No, we're just pretending to be friends." I say through clenched teeth.

 

"Then like I said yesterday I refuse to dress up as a college student." He humphs crossing his arms over his chest.

 

I groan in annoyance. "Fine we can be a pretend couple. Now get dressed."

 

He leaps off the bed. "I knew you'd give in."

 

I roll my eyes. "Hurry up." I stand up from my bed and head to my dresser drawer. I slip on an outfit and brush my hair. I return to my bed to make it. I turn to Taehyung's and sigh. It looks like some animal came in and ripped the sheets clear from the bed.

 

I quickly make his bed for him and finally he comes out of the bathroom. My eyes widen at his disguise.

 

He was wearing glasses. He doesn't look too bad. God what am I thinking about again.

 

"So, to keep our real name a secret I'm thinking we should use fake names." He speaks up. "I'll be Daehyun."

 

I roll my eyes. It's like he thinks this is a game. Oh well. "I'll be Jiyoung."

 

He nods suddenly taking another glance at me. "Why are you so dressed up?"

 

"Isn't this what all college girls dress like? They are trying to impress guys."

 

"But you have a boyfriend, Jiyoung." He smirks.

 

"Who's Jiyoung?" I scrunch my eyebrows at him.

 

He slaps a hand against his forehead. "You just said that's your fake name."

 

Oh right, well now I feel like a complete idiot. I need to work on this!

 

He laughs. "If it makes you feel any better I already forgot mine too."

 

I let out a small laugh. "This is why we shouldn't have fake names. But we can try this time. Your's is Daehyun."

 

He nods. He wasn't so bad after all. Even though he put me through hell in training these past few days.

 

Before leaving the BTS facility Taehyung and I head to the weapons room. Yoongi was already waiting on us to assign us our weapons. Apparently Namjoon and Hoseok's assignment started four in the morning. for them.

 

"Are you two ready?" Yoongi asks.

 

We both nod.

 

"You've only been assigned a few weapons so make the best of them." He raises an eyebrow towards Taehyung who scoffs.

 

"What's that supposed to mean?" 

 

"Anyways you'll each have two guns. Ones for backup only. You'll also have tracking devices, so you can track the shipments and carriers. Other weapons such as what's in these." He gestures for someone to come foreward.

 

I recognized her. "Gyuri?" I gasp. She smiles at me.

 

"Hey, Miran it's nice to see you again!" She chuckles. She used to train with me back during my first year. She was aiming for Section Three. I wonder if she ever made it? She also had a crush on Kyungil who was also training with us. Gyuri, Kyungil, and our other friend Jaeho would always complain about our training back in the day. I know Kyungil made it into Section Six but I didn't know about Gyuri or Jaeho. I knew Jaeho was aiming for Section Six as well, Section Six was the section that dealt with suicide, solicitation, and anything psychological, or cases that had to deal with mental illnesses.

 

"Did you make it into Section Three?" I ask her curious. Section Three was the Cyber Crime section. They dealt with things such as identity theft, agraphy, forgery, and hacking.

 

"Ah, well I sort of gave up for the moment." She says sheepishly.

 

Suddenly Yoongi's clearing his throat. I pout to myself, I wanted to know why. I look at Yoongi and mutter hold on.

 

"Gyuri, we have to hang out sometime. I'll text you!" I smile towards her and she nods as she sets down the two backpacks she had been delievering to the room in the first place. She bows to Yoongi before stepping out.

 

Yoongi then points to the two black backpacks. "Everything in these are for you to find out what they do."

 

Taehyung sighs with a smile. "I should've paid attention more in weapons class." Was he kidding? He didn't sound serious?

 

I roll my eyes, what an idiot. He's going to get us killed.

 

"Taehyung, I've included a weapons manual in yours. Somehow I knew you'd need it." Yoongi shoves one of the backpacks towards Taehyung.

 

I snort. Way to go section leader!

 

Taehyung scowls. "Well now you make me sound like an idiot."

 

"Trust me you don't just sound like one." Yoongi mutters. I stifle a laugh.

 

"What was that?" 

 

"Nothing, just get going. The hotel you'll be staying at is already paid for. It's under the name of Jin." Yoongi pauses before handing me my backpack. "Be safe and don't forget to call for backup once you move in."

 

We nod. "Alright."

 

"I hope to see you soon." He waves goodbye as we exit.

 

We arrive at the hotel and head to our room to set up shop. I set up the laptops so if we do end up tracking someone we can follow their every move and then I move on to checking the weapons in my bag.

 

There was climbing gear, more lower-grade guns, a first aid kit, rope, pepper spray, a couple of knives, and a walkie talkie. 

 

I'm not sure how some of this will help but I can manage.

 

"So let's go out and see if we can find anybody selling this drug on the high sch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter